Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

100 Points ..... Will We make it this season?

I'm going to push the boat out and say yes , 75 points accrued so far , 25 to go , 8 more wins puts us up to 99 points , 13 games to go , of course we can do it!

Comments

• I have us down on 98 points from a predictor I did a few weeks back. Would be lovely, but not the end of the world if not.
  • Easily, will finish on 102-103
  • I think it will depend on when we are mathematically confirmed as promoted and whether we decide to push on or relax at that point.
  • I think the good thing is that we have kept far enough of the chasing pack to avoid being too nervous. This will make the 100 point target much easier to achieve IMO. I think it is natural to look at automatic promotion as the only goal but we could sew that up in a few games and then these records are lasting achievements - no Charlton side has ever got to 100 points before. That would be special and to be honest, I think we will do it.
  • I think it will depend on when we are mathematically confirmed as promoted and whether we decide to push on or relax at that point.
    Relax ???

That word doesn't exist in SCP's coaching manual !
    Relax ???

That word doesn't exist in SCP's coaching manual !
    It does not exist in some of the fan's manuals as well, still a few finger nails to go through yet :-)
  • Think it will be hard. Always difficult to lead from the front for the whole race and still put in a good time to use a racing analogy. If as we all hope we clinch promotion fairly early on I can see the foot coming off the gas even if it isn't a conscious decision.
  • Agree with SHG - our foot will come fof the pedal, we will play teams busting a gut for a result.

I predict 94 points
  • Sir Chris in the dug out once we have secured promotion.

imageimage
  • edited February 2012
    'Que sera sera'........... (the moment when we are assured of leaving this poxy league is fast approaching)................ 'whatever will be will be, no more Rochdale or Bury, Que sera sera'. Oh and the answer is Yes.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope so, would be good to blood some youngsters once promoted too. I think we will fall just short 99
  • Would be great if we can, ill go for 97 reckon well take it easy last couple maybe play a few squad players and youngsters
  • Is it presumptuous of me to be looking at the Premier League relegation race to see who we could be possibly facing next season?
  • We will go up with record points i even predict a win at Huddersfield
  • Given our form over the season then I think we should breach the 100 point barrier. 13 games left and to get the additional 25 points needs 8 wins and a draw. we have lost two games all season I think it unlikely that we will lose 4 of the last 13 games.

Currently we are averaging. 2.27 points per game. We keep that going and we will be looking at finishing on around 104 points.
  • With seven games in March , we should be past 90 pts by the end of the month. Then the only thing that will stop us getting to 100 pts is if we spend the last five weeks partying and playing with a hangover.

But as Fanny says, I don't think the word 'relax' is in Powell's coaching manual and so I doubt he will allow anyone to take their foot of the gas and will insist that we finish with a flourish, however early we secure promotion.

So yes. I reckon we'll make at least 102 pts. I've been saying we were on target to join the ton-up club since November and I'm more certain about it now than ever.
  • Ah, memories of 1999/2000. Strolling away with the league but it took forever to clinch promotion and then the Championship. I really hope it's not the same again. But, this is the Charlton we know and love!
  • 25 from 39?

C'mon, have we failed to do that yet this season? A quick look at the fixture list I think the worst we have done from a run of 13 games is 26 points.
  • edited February 2012
    Ah, memories of 1999/2000. Strolling away with the league but it took forever to clinch promotion and then the Championship. I really hope it's not the same again. But, this is the Charlton we know and love!

see in some respects your right but in others wrong

yes this is charlton but this season we are a different outfit we just dont know how to lose, the boys fight hard for every single point

that season it felt good it had a winning feel to it but i dont think i can remember a charlton team with as much drive and determination in it as this one has

i might me wrong but the last time i saw fight and effort like this was wembley in 98, this time around they have played in that manor all season long, even when we have been poor really poor we havent lost, at stevenage and orient we still had the chances to win those games and bar a deflection in each game we wouldnt have lost either

• Apparently we were 7/1 before yesterdays game with William Hills to do it, mate of mine backed it. Might be worse odds now of course, surely worth a punt for the sake of a tenner!
  • Sponsored links:

• it would be great. promotion party then a title winning party and a record points party.that would be a great spring for all addicks. one at a time though but looking possible with every game.
  • Think beating Stevenage at the weekend in front of a packed Valley released alot of tension and nerves and we saw that last night. Teams below us are dropping points as well, it's possible.
  • We have our mojo back. I predict 107 points and nabbing Reading's FL record off them.
  • edited February 2012
    We have our mojo back. I predict 107 points and nabbing Reading's FL record off them.
    2.46 points per game, not likely, but it would be good :)

• We have our mojo back. I predict 107 points and nabbing Reading's FL record off them.
    11 wins from 13, not likely but with this team in this league it is possible.
    10 if we draw 2 of the others. definitely possible
    10 if we draw 2 of the others. definitely possible
    That'd do nicely. I set this team that record (in my head) at the start of this season.
    If we manage it I will be super chuffed.

• Can we / will we break the 100 points barrier next weekend?
  • Yes, normal first team will play v Hartlepool, party time, decent football, 101 points and a pot as well
  • Sod's law says we won't but I reckon we will do it ... 101 points in front of a full house and 170 smurfs ... unlike last time when we received the trophy at the valley, this time we will see a win as well