Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Boozers for Bournemouth

Suggestions welcomed

Comments

• about 1,700 of them i reckon
  • edited February 2012
    LOL,Ta for that :) Don't want to sup on my own tho
  • I'm going.
  • if you are staying there try the goat & tricycle near the west cliff has about 8 different beers on
  • Not staying - prob arrive mid-dayish, home time flexible. Went in a massive pub to watch Millwall lose to Scunthorpe couple of years or so back in play-offs - apart from that no idea of the place
  • Well as we're having to take a coach we'll take the closest to ground possible please.
  • Aruba! Get the beers in on the very site the club's own press officer got absolutely plastered on his stag.
  • edited February 2012
    Where is @Bournemouth Addick?

Where is good close to the ground mate? We will need lunch and drinks. Preferably quick and cheap.
  • edited February 2012
    Where is @Bournemouth Addick?

Where is good close to the ground mate? We will need lunch and drinks. Preferably quick and cheap.
    EastStand - Best bet for food & drink is a whetherspoons called the Mary Shelley, about 5-10 mins walk from the ground. The two closest to the ground are generally home only & I'm not sure if they do food anyway. The only thing about the Mary Shelley is that you won't be allowed in with football shirts on, so if you plan to wear one take a top.
  • Cheers polo. I love a Wetherspoons anyway. Especially as they're doing St Davids week. Penderyn is lovely, £2.50 a single is inspired!
  • Sponsored links:

• East Stand, sorry mate it's not the Mary Shelley, that's in town. It's the Sir Percy Florence Whetherspoons.
  • Ah, cheers mate.
    Got it all planned out now!
  • Its always good to have a plan!

:D
  • Nice Harvester on the sea front in Boscombe (Boscombe Pier)
  • East Stand, sorry mate it's not the Mary Shelley, that's in town. It's the Sir Percy Florence Whetherspoons.
    could you tell me if you know of anywhere close by where they will showing liverpool v arsenal that starts at 1200?
    could you tell me if you know of anywhere close by where they will showing liverpool v arsenal that starts at 1200?
    From memory I think the Seabourne (directly outside Pokesdown train station) shows the football. (Not the nicest of venues mind). Unfortunately the only other option I can think of is Greens Bar which is on the pedestrian part of Boscombe. (East Stand they sell food as well). Is an extra few minutes away from the Whetherspoons but not far at all.

BournemouthAddick may be able to give you some other alternative as if I recall correctly he lives closer to the area than me.

• East Stand
    Those arrows from pub to ground are very straight.
    Are you sure?
  • There will be loads of places in Bournemouth itself showing the game I'm sure. The problem is that Dean Court is in Boscombe, which frankly aint that nice a place to have a beer and a bite to eat unless your happy to share your space at the bar with druggies, chavs and streetdrinkers (it'll be a bit early for the brasses to be out and about...).

If youre getting there early I'd head into town proper or maybe take a walk down to Boscome pier where theres a Harvester and a trendy i.e pricey, place right on the seafront. Pretty sure neither will have the game on though if thats your priority.
  • East Stand
    Are you sure?
    The walk from the pub to the match might be slightly more wiggly than the representation.
    And it doesn't include a possible kick about in the park either.
  • East Stand
    Are you sure?
    The walk from the pub to the match might be slightly more wiggly than the representation.
    And it doesn't include a possible kick about in the park either.
    Jumpers for goalposts?
  • Sponsored links:

• Where would you suggest to park Bournemout Addick? - not to far to walk and preferably free!
  • No goalposts. Its true free flowing football. We might not even use a ball.
  • No goalposts. Its true free flowing football. We might not even use a ball.
    yup, been there.
    Always seem to score.

• edited February 2012
    Its always good to have a plan!

:D
    I guarantee you'll take a wrong turning, Get lost and end up in a completely different pub than intended.
  • As long as there is beer there I won't mind.
  • There will be loads of places in Bournemouth itself showing the game I'm sure. The problem is that Dean Court is in Boscombe, which frankly aint that nice a place to have a beer and a bite to eat unless your happy to share your space at the bar with druggies, chavs and streetdrinkers (it'll be a bit early for the brasses to be out and about...).

If youre getting there early I'd head into town proper or maybe take a walk down to Boscome pier where theres a Harvester and a trendy i.e pricey, place right on the seafront. Pretty sure neither will have the game on though if thats your priority.
    I was thinking of the Goat and Tricycle, whcih sounds good from internet reviews- have you been there?

• edited February 2012
    after reading this still not sure where to go! want atmo and the tv game if possible!
  • kid friendly near Pokesdown station? and footie on TV?
  • Where would you suggest to park Bournemout Addick? - not to far to walk and preferably free!
    There's free parking right outside the ground in the park but don't plan on getting away quick after the game as it all goes a bit wacky races with about 20 lanes trying to squeeze through into one. They'll be plenty of on street parking about though. Try the roads south of Christchurch Rd if you're struggling.
  • @Jints haven't been in myself but heard good things from people who are into their ales. It's up the hill in the Triangle area so you are moving further away from the ground if you intend walking in. TBH there's a bit of a dearth of proper pubs in town, most of them cater for WKD drinkers and stags just trying to get as much fizzy rubbish down their neck as quickly as they can.