Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BWP Hat-trick?

Deserves a thread of its own.

(I've not seen the goals so I don't have a clue if he touched the 3rd one or not)

Comments

• Who's Rick?
  • Watch SSN they are showing it like every 15 mins. For me it was his but bradders didn't even look convinced...
  • BBC website have given it to him
  • he got a touch, but I don't think he directed it goalwards
  • Who's Rick?
    and whats he got to do with BWP's hat?
  • Who's Rick?
    typo - oops.
  • Someone dropped a Rick? ouch...
  • Coral bookmakers have given it to him.
  • I said before william hill did too
  • edited February 2012
    Always give a striker the benefit of the doubt. Maybe now he will start to believe again! 20 goals here we come - could he beat Hales' 28?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2012
    Always give a striker the benefit of the doubt. Maybe now he will start to believe again! 20 goals here we come - could he beat Hales' 28?
    Didn't Michael Slater say Bradley would get 25?
    So no ...afraid not, Chairmans always right :-0
  • the OS hasnt given it to him...
  • the OS hasnt given it to him...
    Never believe anything until it is on the OS.

But don't believe it even when on the OS if the bookies say different!
  • Cafcofficial twitter just tweeted that BWP is on the hunt for the match ball. He is claiming a hattrick.
  • Cafcofficial twitter just tweeted that BWP is on the hunt for the match ball. He is claiming a hattrick.
    He heard the punters had been paid by Coral/William Hill and reckoned he owed it to them to go and seek out his trophy !
  • Just seen it. "His" first and third goals were a bit iffy to say the least, but if the Football League's own website sats he got three then I'm not going to argue - John Aldridge would've claimed all four!

http://www.football-league.co.uk/league1/news/20120228/addicks-march-on_2293324_2627683
  • He got a touch before the final touch off the defender, so unless someone can prove his touch from that short a range was not goal-bound, that is his goal all day long and a long-awaited treble.

Plus, if they do take it away from him, by that precedent the second on Saturday was also an OG.
  • Why have our own bloody OS not just given him all 3?!

Get in BWP! First career hat-trick 0% proof otherwise!
  • Why have our own bloody OS not just given him all 3?!

Get in BWP! First career hat-trick 0% proof otherwise!
    Wouldn't give him all 3, but good luck to him played very well tonight and ran the channels well

• Cafc site report the 3rd as an own goal
  • Sponsored links:

• RobRob
    edited February 2012
    Just seen the goals on SSN. Defo think he got the hat trick. First one hadn't crossed the line before he helped it. Second one was a cracker. Third one was not too easy to see but, for me, he guided it into the net. JJ's was definitely his and I loved his love in with the crowd. :-)
  • 1st is more questionable than 3rd
  • 1st is more questionable than 3rd
    Not really. The ref wasn't going to award a goal if BWP hadn't put the ball into net ! His goal.
  • The third one was an own goal. Didn't think BWP touched it at all.
  • Now on the OS:

''Bradley Wright-Phillips is claiming a first career hat-trick after Tuesday night's 4-0 romp at Chesterfield, according to Chris Powell.''

That should be the end of it. Four goals in four days. Well done, Bradley.
  • Now on the OS:

''Bradley Wright-Phillips is claiming a first career hat-trick after Tuesday night's 4-0 romp at Chesterfield, according to Chris Powell.''

That should be the end of it. Four goals in four days. Well done, Bradley.
    Unbelievable that 3 of those 4 goals are in dispute. Could only happen to Charlton!

• Said a hat trick in both my papers this morning so it's official. Echo - Well done Bradley. The dam has burst.
  • I was right behind it, he definately got a touch and in my opinion that touch was after the defenders touch. After watching on SSN my opinion hasn't changed.
  • edited February 2012
    I don't think there can be any doubt it was BWP's goal for the hat-trick. I was at the front to the left of the goal and he definately touched the ball to place it in the corner of the net away from the goalie.