Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gillingham

Does anyone care? I live in South London, so obviously hate Palace and Millwall the most by far, but still have a real dislike for gillingham, what's everyone elses thoughts on them?

Comments

• Non entities as far as I am concerned. Don't think they like us much though and Scally hates us.
  • lol i dont mind gills. i live in kent so know quite a few fans, however they absolutely hate us. dont get it, but as long as they're happy.........
  • I know they hate us, which is why i don't like them but i suppose we could never be 'rivals' because of the size difference of the two, and i suppose it means a lot more to charlton fans in kent.
  • My Granddad is Paul Scally's uncle, so I enjoy seeing them lose so I can take the mick and say how much better Charlton are
  • Frankly who gives a toss? It's likely to be someime before we play them in the league - possibly we may never play them again - if they want to have a rivalry with us then let it be their concern.
  • Well i suppose i'll have to be content with hating medway
  • One of my first away games when I was young was Gillingham away when they knocked us out of the FA Cup. Never liked them since then
  • just gone 5-4 up!
  • They are getting their monies worth tonight 5-4 up!
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't mind Gillingham, went to a couple of their games and saw them at Wembley when they played Wigan. Decent club but Paul Scally is a idiot.
  • edited February 2012
    Unbelievable finish tonight!

Not complanning as backed them in a double with Swindon
  • Had to work with one of them once. Bit of a weirdo and hated us.

Couldn't care less about them.
  • That's true, Paul Scally should be locked in a soundproofed valley express coach for the rest of his life.
  • You can't blame Gillingham for hating us

we did nick all there fans according to Scally-wag
  • I hate Gillingscum as much as I hate Palarse if not slightly more going back to my days of watching Maidstone as a kid.
  • Scally is a Spanner mug and has purposely created this myth amongst their piKey fans that they hate us. FFS we lent then Keithy Peacock...
  • Just won me a bullseye with that winner so I quite like em
  • Sponsored links:

• as an ebbsfleet follower i always want to see gillingham fail. As a Charlton supporter i have no feelings towards them either way. so the two balance themselfs out too i dont really care about them but if i saw them lose i would probably smile.
  • Apathy...
    Used to be my view until that no mark Spanner loving Scally started bad mouthing us. Now I dislike them nearly as much as I dislike Palarse - and that is alot.

• I have a soft spot for Gillingham as I've lived down there a long time and at one time knew a few of the players as their children were at school with mine.

As long as there is no adverse affect on Charlton I like to see them do well.
  • Apathy...
    Used to be my view until that no mark Spanner loving Scally started bad mouthing us. Now I dislike them nearly as much as I dislike Palarse - and that is alot.

I may have negative feelings about Scally, but no real feelings about Gillingham itself, apart from anything else, we've rarely been in the same division!

• Scally in public undoubtedly can come across as a twat but he put himself out to attend a fun day at our primary school with a player and was an extremely nice bloke to deal with, joining in with the spirit of the day.

Credit where it is due.
  • Scally in public undoubtedly can come across as a twat but he put himself out to attend a fun day at our primary school with a player and was an extremely nice bloke to deal with, joining in with the spirit of the day.

Credit where it is due.
    Even Hitler was nice to his dog before he had it shot Len.......:-)

Please before anyone picks me up for this somewhat tasteless remark, its a joke!!!!!
  • I think most of us who live in Kent have a soft spot for the Gills, while harbouring an intense dislike for Scally.

They're only three pts off a play-off place and I hope they make it.

There's a natural order and moral superiority in them being a division below Charlton. But it doesn't have to be two!
  • edited February 2012
    *Shrug*

I'm from Bermondsey. They are like Welling or Watford as far as I'm concerned.
    Close, but not close enough.
    :D

• Live in Medway ...rather go to watch Chatham play ....
  • My brother married in to a Gills family before i met them i didnt care about the Gills but now hate them, just simply because i have had to put up being told at every family gathering the last 8 years with the explanation why Charlton are a horrible club who steal there fans.