Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player of the Year dinner on 6th May - explanation

Comments

• Should be ordering tickets tomorrow ... hope to meet some of you there
  • got my tickets for this today!
  • ive never been before what is it like
  • Just got tickets for this. Anymore going for this?
  • ive never been before what is it like
    Crap night.......sorry did you say you had bought your tickets

:-)
  • what is that picture that's been used near the end of the article?? is that meant to be there? looks a bit odd!
  • edited February 2012
    what is that picture that's been used near the end of the article?? is that meant to be there? looks a bit odd!
    They are all logging into Charlton Life after dinner

:-)
  • Just got tickets for this. Anymore going for this?
    yep. never been before
  • went last year and it was a good night and the players were as good as gold for chatting to you, pictures etc BUT some tables don't have any players on them (mine included) and the rest all have two.

club didnt give a sh1t when i brought it up but when a couple of players asked who we had had on our table they all said it was stupid not to move people to have at least 1 player per table.
  • went last year and it was a good night and the players were as good as gold for chatting to you, pictures etc BUT some tables don't have any players on them (mine included) and the rest all have two.

club didnt give a sh1t when i brought it up but when a couple of players asked who we had had on our table they all said it was stupid not to move people to have at least 1 player per table.
    yeah i thought when i through it on the os. they work it on a first come first served basis to try and get bookings earlier.
  • Sponsored links:

• With our current squad size I'd be surprised if there's much room for fans this year dave.
  • It's one of the most thankless tasks that anyone could take on within the remit of voluntary support - here speaks the voice of experience - and I would struggle to find any other club that has run the event in such a fan-inclusive fashion and will (I hope!) continue to do so. Just go for it and enjoy - they all have to live up to JJ on the train back from Exeter if nothing else!
  • With our current squad size I'd be surprised if there's much room for fans this year dave.
    ha ha didn't think of that
  • Only a handful of tickets remaining now for the event so PLEASE get in your call ASAP if you want to go.
  • I've got mine. How many tickets are there?
  • Waiting to hear if i've won one in the draw?

Hi, Dave. Jean here . I organised this event with Ian from Bromley Addicks for the first time last year and as RS says, it is hard work but with a good end result, well worth it.

Details for purchasing this year's tickets were published in the Stevenage prog & on the OS at the beginning of this week and I have just received an email from the Commercial Centre to inform me that 261 of the 310 tkts available have already been sold . No surprise, I guess ....

Regarding your statement that the "club didn't give a sh1t" concerning players on tables, had I been approached about this, the answer would be as always that it is up to the player management as to how this is organised. Every year, I'm guessing, the organisers would have contacted the manager to ascertain how to play this one and every year, I believe, the anwser has been that the players are to be paired at tables for dinner. This is how the management want it, so that's that. Basically, I assume that it's a "safety in numbers " issue which would be irrelevant this season due to the performances on the pitch of all concerned. But I presume you'll know where I'm coming from . Senior players are usually accompanied by the younger ones in the squad but mingling(?) is encouraged once dinner & the presentations are finished so plenty of opportunities to talk with them etc .then.

I ensured that the advert for the event this year stated quite clearly that those who booked early would be guaranteed of player(s) on their table & nothing has changed. I also indicated that this would be a sell out event so please accept that we have done the best we could to gee you up out there ... The early bird etc etc.

Feel free to comment but hope that helps.

Jean

• edited February 2012
    You'll have a long wait MIA as different event but I think you know that : - )

• Spot on Jean. We also had to contend with the linguistic barrier as well, sticking a Dane and a Bulgarian on with a bunch of lads from Charlton would always be a bit of an obstacle! Even more difficult when the WAGS used to come along! As for the vegetarian option...:)
  • Spot on Jean. We also had to contend with the linguistic barrier as well, sticking a Dane and a Bulgarian on with a bunch of lads from Charlton would always be a bit of an obstacle! Even more difficult when the WAGS used to come along! As for the vegetarian option...:)
    LOL, Ian ! Only Yann to worry about this time ...although apparently, Richard Redden is polishing up his French ...

• Sponsored links:

• I've been lots - hoping I don't miss out this year getting olurseves sorted!
    I totally understand why players are paired up, just because they are footballers doesn't meant some aren't shy and at only 21 it can be a bit much to contend with a table of 10 adults on your own. If this means some tabels don't get a player for dinner then so be it, you get to speak to everyone after eating anyway.
    LOL, Ian ! Only Yann to worry about this time ...although apparently, Richard Redden is polishing up his French .

Remember if you are sitting at Yann's table not to call him Kermit!!
  • SOLD OUT
  • how do you know theyre sold out, was going to try get some tomorrow! im devastated i missed the boat
  • Waiting to hear if i've won one in the draw?
    lol, quality
  • That's a shame, it's been a good do, even in less happy times. It'd be nice if some kind of priority was given to previous attenders/ST Holders/VG etc, but I hadn't realised that so much of the burden falls on supporters, so I guess it's a bit unfair to expect them to run complex prioritisation schemes. Ah well, should have got one when I first heard instead of putting it off. That'll learn me.
  • Going for the 1st time and got a table for 8 this AM, but can't believe capacity is so low (for this year in particular). If demand is there are there not bigger suites to host this event in if more fans want to be there? There's naturally a very strong feel good factor around the club right now and we should be making the most of it and building upon it for next season. 5 of my table have seen 2 games or less this season, but the attraction is there and I suspect they will return to see more games next season as the 'buzz' intensifies.
  • I was suppossed to be moving house that weekend. Somehow I managed to negotiate a pass out for the Hartlepool game, but was pushing it too far for the POTY Dinner as well! The house purchase has now fallen through, so does anyone have a spare ticket for the Dinner that they would be willing to sell?
  • Paul ‏ @MiserableOlGit
    Will start collecting the votes from your S/T books #CAFC tomorrow... @CAFC_RoD & # #LibSE7. Who You gonna vote for ?