Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

C.L.I.T Champions Tour 2011'12

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
anyone had any ideas on doing one this year? not that many aways left ruled out Carlisle on the 14th to far for most, huddersfield and scunny are in March so may be to short notice to arrange. So Oldham on the 7th of April and Preston on the 28th are all thats left. Both will be a bit of a journey of on the coach but im sure we could have a few stops on the way to make a day of it. Any one want to take this on? if the coach is to much of a problem maybe we could get some cheesewright special group train deals, be up there quicker just some ideas. Please feel free to add or make suggestions, and hopefully admin will put the wheels in motion so to speak.

Comments

• You started it - you do it Tom!
  • Preston! Nice town (for the north) full of pubs the like.

Plus I'm already going to that one :D
  • would love to wss, but i just couldnt be arsed ;-)
  • edited February 2012
  • No from me either too much going on. You would be better doing a very large group train booking instead, like we did the 27 odd of us for Leicester away.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB51NCcvuMs
    What film Is that ?

jay and silent bob strike back.
  • No from me either too much going on. You would be better doing a very large group train booking instead, like we did the 27 odd of us for Leicester away.
    yeah go for it, just don't book the train at the exact same time a-once-in-a-lifetime sporting event may come to a conclusion.
  • Er how was i supposed to know that the World Cup went to extra time in the egg chasing!?
  • If you havent seen Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back, make sure you watch it. Awesome film. Nearly had an asthma attack watching it the first time due to hysteric laughter.
  • Sponsored links:

• If you havent seen Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back, make sure you watch it. Awesome film. Nearly had an asthma attack watching it the first time due to hysteric laughter.
    WTF is the internet?
  • Preston holds 6k in the away end, would make sense TBH
  • Adam will you bring Ricky with you?
  • Last away game too. Could be the promotion party!
    WTF is the internet?
    I was thinking more of Jay in the diner with Bon Jovi blaring out... I was almost dying with laughter at that point...

• Last away game too. Could be the promotion party!
    Operation Preston.............er no I would like to win
    WTF is the internet?
    I was thinking more of Jay in the diner with Bon Jovi blaring out... I was almost dying with laughter at that point...

You'll love strikes back, there's some great celebrity cameos!
  • Sorry if I sound dumb here but was is a C.L.I.T Champions Tour??
  • it's one of the worser view askew films with jay and silent bob but it's still a classic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCatFyP9tKo
  • Never had a taste of the C.L.I.T experience. Anything im missing out on??
  • Sponsored links:

Charlton Life Independant Travel
    Charlton Life Independant Travel
    Ok thank you
  • I'd do it to oldham, go that is not organise!
  • Would be up for Oldham or preston. Preston may be best last away game fancy dress!
  • Come to Preston, everyone!

Fantastic ground (with a big away end), great pubs with a lovely big park opposite - bags of football history to boot (the oldest continually occupied football stadium in the world, no less), friendly locals who know their football. Am I persauding you yet?

Also, a good chance of 3 points (they're pretty rubbish these days), and by that stage, hopefully it won't matter if we lose anyway as we will be champions* :)

And you might get to meet me as I live there. That's got to be the clincher, surely? In all seriousness, it would be nice to meet some of the lifers and put names to faces etc.

Oh, and Oldham is a toilet. A friendly toilet, but a toilet nonetheless. As a matchday experience, it doesn't come close to Deepdale. It's even Guild year and that only happens once every Preston Guild!

*fingers crossed
  • rather get the train for preston as that is more likely to be a massive pissup promotion party if we get there
  • Make it a double denim day
  • Charlton Life Independant Travel, Champions Tour.