Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton as part of a bet.....

As it's getting to the business end of the season, and we are starting to believe, I thought I'd find out how many of us have a bet riding on this lot! For me;

1 accumulator for the league titles with Man Utd, West Ham and Swindon, placed in December and a tidy grand if it comes in.
1 yankee with Man Utd, Nottm Forest (oh dear), and Swindon placed in August, £150 payout on the treble.
£20 BWP to be top scorer in League one. (could have caught Jordan Rhodes up on Saturday in one match!! ;-P)

Comments

• I've got a couple still going:

Man u, West ham, Charlton, Swindon and Celtic to win the their respective leagues.
    Charlton to win league 1, with BWP top goalscorer
  • edited February 2012
    £50 Charlton to win the league at 15.0

£50 on Man City/West Ham/Charlton/Swindon league winners with Liverpool as Carling Cup winners (only made this bet a few weeks ago)

Fingers crossed!
  • Dont know why I didnt do us..

Man United
    Leicester (................)
    Huddersfield (............)
    Swindon
    Barca for champs league

Now I see why it was 32,000/1
  • CAFC for the title .. £20 at 14/1 (before the season started)
    West Ham for the title £20 at 9/2 (before the season started)
    West Ham and Charlton double for the titles £5 (before the season started) ..
    West Ham, CAFC, Gillingham, Grimsby Town, £1 e.w. yankee before the season started (forget the odds on Gills & Grimsby)
    West Ham, CAFC and Gillingham £5 treble for the titles before the season started .. now null & void as the Gills are O U T for the title C O U N T.
  • 50 at 14-1 to win outright - drunkern foolish putting your money where your mouth bets do sometimes payout!!!

Will be paying for a holiday!!
  • Had us to finish above MK Dons.

You can't say I'm not a risk-taker!
  • I've got £500 on Wendies to win title at a canter....it was a steal! Can't wait to collect my MASSIVE payout
  • Charlton to win title 12s ew
  • charlton to win the league at 14/1
    charlton to get promoted at 9/2

fiver on each
  • £150 on cafc to win the league at 10-1
    £20 on cafc to won the league at 12-1

My brother in law has an acc of, man city,Soton,Cafc,Swindon and Real Madrid, £5 acc pays 95k, he also done a 25p super yankee if all 5 come in add another 10k to it. I think Soton are the only ones to worry about for him but they have kicked on again so can see him winning this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton to get promoted 7/2
    West Ham + Swindon 5/1
    West Ham + Swindon + Man City + Charlton 12/1
  • man city,Soton,Cafc,Swindon and Real Madrid, £5 acc pays 95k

95k, surely this must be a typo....

If that bet was placed around June, then you would have got the likes of 18's on Southampton, 12's on us and 9's on Swindon, so i would say the possible winnings are correct.

No - what 12-1 man city, 14-1 soton, 12-1 cafc, 10-1 swindon, 10-1 real? at a guess?

jesus nicholas if things carry on that way he'll be able to afford the plane to carlisle mate
  • It was placed in June.

I know he got 16s on Soton, 10s on Swindon, 10s or 12s on us, i think around 3s on City and Real were about 7/4. But the first three are def correct.
  • edited February 2012
    £40 on Charlton, Saints to win their respective leagues and Barca to win the Champs League... a little bit into the season, returns a grand.
  • clearly that doesnt work out but either way those odds are definitely achievable
  • No chance with Carlisle his a part time fan now.
  • The last 2 odds may be wrong, but the bet def pays 95k, the super yankee pays just over 10k for 25p.
  • It was placed in June.

I know he got 16s on Soton, 10s on Swindon, 10s or 12s on us, i think around 3s on City and Real were about 7/4. But the first three are def correct.
    i assumed real was for champs league rather than title for some reason hence by ridiculous 10-1 estiamte for that one
  • Sponsored links:

• It was placed in June.

i assumed real was for champs league rather than title for some reason hence by ridiculous 10-1 estiamte for that one
    Real Madrid were about 7/4 I said that above.

I think its as follows

Man city around 3-1
    Soton 16-1 def
    Cafc 10s or 12s
    Swindon 10-1 def
    Real madrid around 7/4
  • @Nicholas can he do this weeks column !
  • lol will have a word, he aint won a penny yet though!!
  • @Nicholas - assume your mate is lumping on Man U and West Ham to protect his investment, or using Betfair to lay off perhaps?
  • I think he will, well i've told him to anyway, I think his going to wait a little bit nearer the time before doing anything.
  • Bet he wished he'd put a score on it now
  • Charlton 14/1 tenner each way put on around july time. Also got us as 8/1 with a tenner for the title.
    Each way, again put on in July, Man Utd , Leicester, Charlton & Crawley to win their respective leagues, pays out on a top 3 finish but Leicester letting me down.
  • I bet on us to win the league at 12/1. Huddersfield were favourites, chortle! Well done to those who backed us at 15s.
  • £20 ew Charlton to win league (place is 2nd or play-off winners) @ 8/1
    £50 ew BWP Top scorer in League 1 @ 9/1. Place pays down to 4th and he's 2nd at the mo.
  • £20 on at 12-1 to win the league, wish i had put more on now !