Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bournemouth - co-owner's wife does half time pep talk

Anyone listening to 606 would have heard the Bournemouth Chairman Eddie Mitchell making an idiot of himself (and swearing on the radio) trying to bluster around the true story that the Russian co-owner's wife went into the dressing room at half time.

A few funny things going on down there, roll on next Saturday!

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/9554439.Cherries__Mitchell_reveals_shock_half_time_address/

Comments

• I was listening to that, I wish Slater would show such passion
    Not
  • I heard that too, I was waiting for someone to start up a thread on it.

Mental.
  • Good God, that man is a total embarassment......

What a moron. How the hell did he ever become a successful businessman - he appears to have half his brain missing!

I feel for the Bournemouth fans. One of them rang in to apologise for Mitchell's behaviour and I felt really sorry for him (the Bournemouth fan, that is).
  • Heard that. Buffoon. Wonder how sober he was?
    Not very from what I heard! Idiot.
    That crossed my mind

That crossed my mind

I wonder if he'd had a post match meal with Delia?
  • Should really be put on the AFC Bournemouth & Boscombe threa.......
    Oh, I forgot, We haven't got one.
  • Deary me has he not learnt his lesson?!!
  • Sponsored links:

• How embarrasingwas that......thought the firstswea word was just a 'slip'......but soon found out that it wasnt when he followed it with a 'b' and an 'f' word.....what an complete idiot!!
  • edited February 2012
    This is the whole interview if anyone is interested , made himself look like a complete idiot.
  • Christ. Simply embarassing! The only thing worse than the bad language was the use of the word 'interpretated'..... yeah that's a word Eddie, well done
  • Said this on the afc Bournemouth thread but he's clearly been drinking. Crazy and totally inappropriate behaviour for a chairman.
  • Christ. Simply embarassing! The only thing worse than the bad language was the use of the word 'interpretated'..... yeah that's a word Eddie, well done
    Haha funny
  • edited February 2012
    Jeez, what a nightmare of a man. So the on-pitch rant a while back, where he offered out one of his own fans (probably the lad with 44 on his shirt!!), wasn't a one-off!! That's his idea of listening to anyone with a "penny or a pound to spend on Bournemouth" is it??

Next week should be fun. We are the "home" team, aren't we??? ;-)
  • Sounds a bit of a character. Do the Bournemouth fans like him? Hasn't he put a lot of money into the club? What's the story here?
  • He just seems to talk without thinking about what he's saying. Never have I heard someone in the game talk so much rubbish!
  • I would say he had been on the sherbets.
  • Sounds a bit of a character. Do the Bournemouth fans like him? Hasn't he put a lot of money into the club? What's the story here?
    I don't think he has put much money in, quite the opposite in fact.

I remember a lot of bournemouth fans moaning that the club was spending a fortune on pointless work, funnily enough the money was going to one of his other companies.
  • Sponsored links:

• If only there was a AfcBournemouth thread....

(Joking Admin !!).
  • If only there was a AfcBournemouth thread....

(Joking Admin !!).
    Lol

I don't think he has put much money in, quite the opposite in fact.

I remember a lot of bournemouth fans moaning that the club was spending a fortune on pointless work, funnily enough the money was going to one of his other companies.
    Very much this. Bradbury seems a decent bloke with a future in management hence I don't think he will be putting up with this much longer. I can see him getting the call from Pompey in the summer.
  • edited February 2012
    He presumably had been drinking & should not have sworn. I also think he's a fool.
    However, the presenter definitely provoked him IMO, by asking inane questions, such as whether he would allow any S/T holder into the dressing rooms at H/T. If the woman/owner asked to say good luck to the players at H/T, whilst it's far from ideal, she has the right & I don't see how he could refuse her. I somehow doubt, she gave the team talk, although I stand to be corrected.
  • What a plonker. He banged on about Bournemouth being a family club and then swears like a trooper on radio when kids are listening. Seemed to get more inebriated as the call went on and makes himself look silly again after his attempt to take on the home fans.
  • He presumably had been drinking & should not have sworn. I also think he's a fool.
    However, the presenter definitely provoked him IMO, by asking inane questions, such as whether he would allow any S/T holder into the dressing rooms at H/T. If the woman/owner asked to say good luck to the players at H/T, whilst it's far from ideal, she has the right & I don't see how he could refuse her. I somehow doubt, she gave the team talk, although I stand to be corrected.
    Becoming something of an urban myth by all accounts..........some poor journalism going on (well nothing new there then!).
    Evidently she did go into the dressing room at half time (which was probably NOT the best time one has to say) and said hello and gave them a couple of good luck and play up type comments....nothing like a team talk at all!

• the presenter definitely provoked him IMO, by asking inane questions, such as whether he would allow any S/T holder into the dressing rooms at H/T.
    Looking for a bite haha
    munch munch
  • I'm afraid this needs pictorial evidence before any judgements can be made? Anyone found anything on the Russian? Could be like Smertin's wife!
  • the presenter definitely provoked him IMO, by asking inane questions, such as whether he would allow any S/T holder into the dressing rooms at H/T.
    Looking for a bite haha
    munch munch
    No, I'm serious. If you listen to it, the presenter clearly set out to wind up Mitchell & Mitchell exceeded his expectations.
    As I said, Mitchell is a fool. He had probably been drinking & definitely shouldn't have sworn.
    However, the presenter was deliberately being obtuse & provocative & a sober more level headed individual would have just told him politely, that he was being ridiculous.
  • It could be worse, they could have Dowie and his brother doing half time talks