Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Work Experience in Public Relations

edited February 2012 in Not Sports Related
I'm hopefully going to university this year to study Politics and then after that do a masters in Public Relations. I have got some work experience in Marketing, however ultimately I would also like some experience in Public Relations specifically so that I have a decent grounding before I even start University.

If anyone knows anybody or works in the industry themselves that could help me out with this, or even just give some advice of the best ways into this career then that would be great, thanks.

Comments

• I've inboxed you
  • Think Charlton Charlie might be your man.
  • Clem I'll inbox him.
  • I work for a PR firm based in Mayfair, what sort of PR do you want to get in to?
    I might be able to get you some work as an intern.
  • Clem I'll inbox him.
    Dont do it! He'll have you dressed as the Churchill Dog and handing out flyers in Bromley!
  • I'll drop you an inbox tomorrow as well.
  • Poplcon
    I work for a PR firm based in Mayfair, what sort of PR do you want to get in to?
    From the research I have carried out myself I like the look of media PR, but I'm willing really to do work experience in any area of the industry and generally gain more knowledge around PR as a whole. Hopefully with some good work experience I can begin to understand where my strengths are, etc.

• What uni you going to?
  • What uni you going to?
    Hopefully Nottingham

• Poplcon
    I work for a PR firm based in Mayfair, what sort of PR do you want to get in to?
    From the research I have carried out myself I like the look of media PR, but I'm willing really to do work experience in any area of the industry and generally gain more knowledge around PR as a whole. Hopefully with some good work experience I can begin to understand where my strengths are, etc.

I'll drop you a msg tomorrow, I'm working for a broadcast PR company. We work across radio, press and online.
    If you're interested we might be able to get you helping out as an intern.