Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Homophobia in football

Comments

• Options
    I'm too ugly to be gay.
  • Options
    I'm too ugly to be gay.
    And I'm too fat
  • Options
    Its depressingly predictable on here, that the moment any threads are started wanting any sort of discussion about homophobia then the cheap jokes start.
    Is disapproval of homosexuality on religious or moral grounds homophobia or a perfectly reasonable right to an alternative opinion?

Discuss.
    Ill ask my imaginary friend what he thinks.

How is Harvey ?

• Options
    He's doing well thanks MOG and sends his regards ;-)
  • Options
    I sat in on a meeting a few years back at the FA about tacking homophobia in football. It was quite enlightening. What you have to remember is that the football isn't just about the professional leagues. The FA govern all football, including pub football and sunday league. Those that are involved in sunday league will know how rife homophobia is down there. Let's face it none of are best placed to comment on the glamour stuff. I was reffing at the time and I dismissed 11 players in about 20 games that season for offensive, insulting or abusive language connected to homophobia.
  • Options
    I sat in on a meeting a few years back at the FA about tacking homophobia in football. It was quite enlightening. What you have to remember is that the football isn't just about the professional leagues. The FA govern all football, including pub football and sunday league. Those that are involved in sunday league will know how rife homophobia is down there. Let's face it none of are best placed to comment on the glamour stuff. I was reffing at the time and I dismissed 11 players in about 20 games that season for offensive, insulting or abusive language connected to homophobia.
    What they ALL called you gay ? :-)
  • Options
    I'm too ugly to be gay.
    And I'm too fat
    Was you at the Albany Rangers game yesterday?

• Options
    I genuinely think we are in danger of completely oppresing people at football through fear alone.
    Lets be honest we all know the difference between proper racist/gay abuse and humour.
    When its getting to the point where people are being nicked for singing "we can see you holding hands" at Brighton, then we are in danger of completley killing of the wit of a British football crowd (if we have not already done so).
  • Options

Gays do not all look like Larry Grayson or Fatima Whitbread. Next time you're at The Valley look around you, for all you know you could be the only "straight" in your row. Scary isn't it???

I can't wait for saturday now. Is anyone going to watch the match?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
    bloody quotes!
  • Options

Gays do not all look like Larry Grayson or Fatima Whitbread. Next time you're at The Valley look around you, for all you know you could be the only "straight" in your row. Scary isn't it???

What about tomorrow night?

ps that's not a proposition :-)
  • Options
    Because they're not illegal.
    But why is that illegal and abuse to people based on weight, height, etc not?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2089536/Muslim-fanatics-called-execution-gays-face-seven-years-jail.html

Because in most cases people aren't threatened with death for being fat or ginger as in the case above.

If it got to the stage where people were beaten up in the streets or told they deserved to die/will go to hell for being red haired then maybe it would be a valid comparison but they don't so it ain't. And before anyone asks yes redheaded and proud of it!

I would say you were more chestnut H.
  • Options
    "Strawberry Blonde ?"
  • Options

What about tomorrow night?

ps that's not a proposition :-)

work beckons.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I was reffing at the time and I dismissed 11 players in about 20 games that season for offensive, insulting or abusive language connected to homophobia.
    What were the offences I wonder, someone saying "get up you poof" to an opponent for crying like a girl after being fouled?

I hope you felt better for it. You should have stayed at home and watched recordings of that freak show you love, Big Brother.

ps I don't even believe the quoted statement. Just looking for a reaction (and you got one, well done)
  • Options
    I was reffing at the time and I dismissed 11 players in about 20 games that season for offensive, insulting or abusive language connected to homophobia.
    What were the offences I wonder, someone saying "get up you poof" to an opponent for crying like a girl after being fouled?

I hope you felt better for it. You should have stayed at home and watched recordings of that freak show you love, Big Brother.
    Crying like a girl?

Sexist pig.
  • Options
    I agree that ppl don't choose to be gay just like some ppl don't choose to have a foot fetish. At the end of day all forms of discrimination is bad whether you're gay, straight, black, white, fat, thin, old, young bald, hairy, specky, 2 eyes, ginger, foot fetishist -can't we just all get along?
  • Options
    I agree that ppl don't choose to be gay just like some ppl don't choose to have a foot fetish. At the end of day all forms of discrimination is bad whether you're gay, straight, black, white, fat, thin, old, young bald, hairy, specky, 2 eyes, ginger, foot fetishist -can't we just all get along?
    not with my feet.
  • Options
    So AshTray is a Ref? That explains a lot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Very gracious of you. I don't mind you existing as long as you don't breath air near me.

Bless. Irony bypass zone.
  • Options
    Don't be such a refist!
  • Options
    And you all wonder why no footballer will admit to being gay. Just read some of the shite rubbish you have posted above. This is the 21st century, I had hoped that your crude innuendos & nudge nudge wink wink jokes had died out long ago, but sadly it seems some of our fans are still living in the victorian era.

agree with your first sentiment. Your second point is quite frankly outrageous.
    Actually not that outrageous my male cousin's boyfriend is a norwich fan, they are part of a group if 14 gay and lesbian couples and for his birthday last year they went to a Nordic game altogether with a meal and drinks included. Imagine there being fifteen seats in that row. Can't say he ever complained about stick from the norwich fans
    You misunderstand me Sadie. It's not outrageous that the whole row could be gay and only have one straight person in it. It's outrageous that it could be considered 'scary'.
  • Options
    And you all wonder why no footballer will admit to being gay. Just read some of the shite rubbish you have posted above. This is the 21st century, I had hoped that your crude innuendos & nudge nudge wink wink jokes had died out long ago, but sadly it seems some of our fans are still living in the victorian era.

Actually not that outrageous my male cousin's boyfriend is a norwich fan, they are part of a group if 14 gay and lesbian couples and for his birthday last year they went to a Nordic game altogether with a meal and drinks included. Imagine there being fifteen seats in that row. Can't say he ever complained about stick from the norwich fans
    You misunderstand me Sadie. It's not outrageous that the whole row could be gay and only have one straight person in it. It's outrageous that it could be considered 'scary'.
    Strange how that particular poster has waited 7 months to post such shite.
  • Options
    So - what you're trying to tell us, in a non-roundabout way, is that you have a foot fetish?
  • Options

I think you're missing the point @suzisausage. Pretty sure @Dai_Jestive's 'scary' comment was a dig at the idiots on here making fun of homophobia and who need to start living in the 21st century. It's clear that he didn't mean its scary because there's lot's of gay men and women at football.
  • Options
    Like, why I know the laws of the game, or why I can be objective about a ref's performance.

• Options
    Like, why I know the laws of the game, or why I can be objective about a ref's performance.

I reckon he was referring to your sense of humour bypass operation.

• Options
    not with my feet.
    Brilliant :-)