Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BLACK CAVIAR

Went to Flemington yesterday to witness Black Caviar win her 19th consecuitive race (as yet unbeaten)
What a thrill to see a champion mare and only a whisker off the course record.
Does anyone have statistics on turf horses having first start on non turf surfaces as she is off to Dubai next before Royal Ascot?

Comments

• A possible meeting with Frankel awaits.
  • Whats the record for consecutive wins for a horse?

I remember when we had greyhounds in the early 90s a dog called Ravage Again that nearly beat Ballyregan Bobs record of 32 consecutive wins, but he just fell short and only got 29!
  • The record here in Australia is 19 which she now holds jointly with 2 other horses from the early 1900's. Think the world record on major tracks is 20 but not sure. Perhaps someone can let us know.
  • A possible meeting with Frankel awaits.
    Would be an amazing race with Frankel but at a mile I am unsure if both horses would be really suited.
  • Saw her race the week before at Caulfield, not sure how good she was, as the rest of the field looked poor. Everyone here is talking he up, her owners want to take her aboard, middle east and then the uk. Her trainer isn't so keen, which tells me perhaps she is not as good as everyone thinks.