Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last Ever Episode Of BBC 1 - Hustle?

Just wondered if anyone had seen it tonight & guessed the ending right?

I won't give it away for those of you that may have Sky/Virgin + it.

I do love that series only got into it after about series 2 , but have seen all the episodes , might have got a bit predictable? but still love it.

Comments

• Options
    I watched it and they didn't do the dance once...what a con...
  • Options
    Yes, I saw it Mendonca.

Like yourself, I missed the first series - didn't fancy it - but have really enjoyed it since then.

Another good series bites the dust.
  • Options
    Yep, guessed the ending.

Love the show but only started watching in series 5. I'm now halfway through watching the old series' on DVD and loving them too. Will miss it but I think it's right to stop before they run out of ideas.
  • Options
    Great program and a real shame its finished, missed the first three series so will try and catch up with on Dave in a few months no doubt! Our city looked fantastic in it as well...
  • Options
    Remember.......

"You can never cheat an honest man"
  • Options
    almost guessed the ending - but nice to see the old two back! Loved Hustle.
  • Options
    I guessed the ending. As soon as Stacey walked in I knew the shooter was going to be Danny. It was also obvious that they weren't really shot.

Great to get the orginal characters back. I never thought the brother and sister combo worked, even if the girl could, clearly, flirt with anyone.

It's a real shame it's finished. I like the 'going out at the top' mentality, but I think they could have gone on for another series or two and still achieved that goal.

The impression I get from the press statements is that they'll bring it back in a few years with a completely new cast.
  • Options
    It was also obvious that they weren't really shot.

That might be because it wasn't real?

Anyway, they wouldn't have got anywhere close it getting away with it because they wouldn't have featured on the FSA's register of authorised firms.

The BBC are a bit like that. Take Max from Eastenders and his insurance fraud when he was an IFA. He'd have been banned by the FSA and therefore wouldn't have been able to start selling secondhand cars because he wouldn't have been allowed to arrange finance deals.

• Options
    edited February 2012

Anyway, they wouldn't have got anywhere close it getting away with it because they wouldn't have featured on the FSA's register of authorised firms.

The BBC are a bit like that. Take Max from Eastenders and his insurance fraud when he was an IFA. He'd have been banned by the FSA and therefore wouldn't have been able to start selling secondhand cars because he wouldn't have been allowed to arrange finance deals.

Surely the point is that they were pretending to be traders. It takes just two minutes to put a footer on headed paper that states you are FSA regulated. If the mark had checked the FSA website he would have, presumably, discovered that they weren't authorised, but as they didn't actually do any trading the FSA wouldn't have even known about them.

You don't need to be authorised by the FSA to sell cars, and the FSA don't make enquiries into introducers, so Max could just get a firm in to do his finance. Many of the major banks have tie ins with second hand car dealers.

As for the comment about it not being real. I'm not sure what you mean, but I do realise that it's only a fictional TV show. I got the impression that they were trying to make some believe that on the last ever show all the main characters would die - a suitable way for the whole show to end, but I realised immediately that this would be another example of hiding from the mark by 'being dead.'

Maybe, with hindsight, the outcomes had become too predictable.
  • Options
    Well I'm glad I did watch the episode before opening this thread.
    I like hustle.lightweight entertainment but good fun. The ending was obvious. Like the magnificent seven joke at the end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good series, well acted and clever scripts. Not be taken too seriously or examined too closely for gaps.

Neat magnificant 7 reference at the end : - )
  • Options

Surely the point is that they were pretending to be traders. It takes just two minutes to put a footer on headed paper that states you are FSA regulated. If the mark had checked the FSA website he would have, presumably, discovered that they weren't authorised, but as they didn't actually do any trading the FSA wouldn't have even known about them.

You don't need to be authorised by the FSA to sell cars, and the FSA don't make enquiries into introducers, so Max could just get a firm in to do his finance. Many of the major banks have tie ins with second hand car dealers.

As for the comment about it not being real. I'm not sure what you mean, but I do realise that it's only a fictional TV show. I got the impression that they were trying to make some believe that on the last ever show all the main characters would die - a suitable way for the whole show to end, but I realised immediately that this would be another example of hiding from the mark by 'being dead.'

Maybe, with hindsight, the outcomes had become too predictable.

Only on CL could a discussion on the last episode of a comedy series turn into a discussion on BBcs abuse of FSA regs!!!! ;-)
  • Options
    Great light hearted inoffensive entertainment, will miss it. Reckon it will come back in a couple of years though. Cant wait for Series 3 of Mad Dogs though.
  • Options
    I've only seen the last two or three serieseses. Are the earlier serieseses good then? I didn't guess the ending, but that's because I dislike guessing endings correctly - I prefer to switch my brain off and enjoy the twists.
  • Options
    It was good well cast entertainment; not to be taken seriously when the mind might wander elesewhere on a Friday night. Can't be easy coming up such a variety of cons so not surprising it was the last - but never say never!
  • Options
    I've only seen the last two or three serieseses. Are the earlier serieseses good then? I didn't guess the ending, but that's because I dislike guessing endings correctly - I prefer to switch my brain off and enjoy the twists.
    Pip the earlier series are excellent.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    So no more Hustle and no more Spooks...let's hope they don't replace them in the schedules with more Where The Heart Is or Doc Martin!
  • Options
    Anyone who has missed earlier episodes and subscribes to Lovefilm.com.........................They have the first 4 series to watch online. I'm just watching the first series, which I never got round to watching.
  • Options
    So no more Hustle and no more Spooks...let's hope they don't replace them in the schedules with more Where The Heart Is or Doc Martin!
    I believe they are replacing both with feature-length, weekly episodes of "Miranda".

/wrists
  • Options
    Anyone who has missed earlier episodes and subscribes to Lovefilm.com.........................They have the first 4 series to watch online. I'm just watching the first series, which I never got round to watching.
    Enjoy!