Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lightning kills an entire football team!

Comments

• This is some mucked up incident !
  • the reporter is so relaxed?!?!!

'theres a suspicion of witchcraft because the scores were finely balanced'

'it is relativley frequent for football teams to hire witchdoctors to place hexes on the opponents.'

oh, of course, of course
  • edited February 2012
    wow! RIP those 11.
  • Crikey... I think this has happened before. One team was wearing one type of boots, and that is why only they were killed. More likely than witchcraft anyway!
  • as i guess from the video the lightning hit the ground and then was conducted through the victimes feet. so having different boots from the other team, ones in which conduct the current more, seems like you say McBobbin the best explanation for this.
  • Thursday 29 October 1998
  • Thats some bad joojoo
  • edited February 2012
    odd to have resurfaced on the independant website as one of the main views today. when it was back in 98. which i hadent relised till you mentioned it. still, quite intresting and tragic.
  • That's crazy! RIP to them.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2012
    The video is not of the Congolese game - I'm guessing it's of the South African one mentioned in the article where six players were hurt.

Actually, call me a cynic but I reckon the article about the 11 players being killed is a load of rubbish.
  • Thursday 29 October 1998
    Doesn't matter what year it is.

• They ain't dead they're being interviewed!!!
  • My father in laws cousins was killed by lightening whilst playing golf, his name was John White played for spurs in the 61 double team.
  • edited February 2012
    My father in laws cousins was killed by lightening whilst playing golf, his name was John White played for spurs in the 61 double team.
    Tragic loss, Scottish international inside right wore number 8 shirt very good player.
  • My father in laws cousins was killed by lightening whilst playing golf, his name was John White played for spurs in the 61 double team.
    Tragic loss, Scottish international inside right wore number 8 shirt very good player.

If you saw my fil, he's the spit of John, I was shocked when a spurs fan at work showed me a picture of John.
  • edited February 2012
    Pretty sure he was a tallish inside forward, fair/red headed and graceful on the ball. Seem to remember it reported he was sheltering under a tree during a storm.
  • The video is not of the Congolese game - I'm guessing it's of the South African one mentioned in the article where six players were hurt.

Actually, call me a cynic but I reckon the article about the 11 players being killed is a load of rubbish.
    The more I look into it, the more I think you're right. I can't find any decent sources for the original story.
  • Looking at that video, I didn't realise that the normal treatment for someone who had been electrocuted was to stretch his hamstring or rub a bag of ice on his head!
  • You can fix anything with a magic sponge