Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Expected team tonight

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
I reckon:

Myre

Young
El Kak
Fortune
Ashton

Romm
Pouso
Hughes
Ambrose

M Bent
Lisbie

Comments

• I would have thought the same 16 other than JFH so Holland in with Pouso and D Bent on the bench. Surprised if Kish doesn't get a game. Is Hughes fit?
  • I dont want to start the Frisbie debate again because it has been done to death.

All I will say is that I hope that Dowie can get something from him, and if he cant then he gets rid in the January window. Perhaps AFKA's Sunday team could take him off our hands.
  • I'd leave Fortune out if he's still nursing his broken toe.

Isn't Youga supposed to be able to play as a centre back?
  • D Bent needs the confidence of some goals in open play - so play him with M Bent.

If Young's ankle is still not 100% then rest him and play Sankofa; Fortune still has a broken toe, so shouldn't play either.

And Ambrose has to be dropped after a shocking game on Saturday.

Mhyre

Sankofa, El Kak, Faye, Ashton

Romm, Pouso, Hughes, Lisbie

M Bent
    D Bent
  • If Liverpool have a recall clause in Carson's contract, then will they allow him to be cup tied I wonder?
  • edited September 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]If Liverpool have a recall clause in Carson's contract, then will they allow him to be cup tied I wonder?

I doubt they will worry too much about him being inelligible to play for them in the Carling cup.
  • [cite]Posted By: Foreverred[/cite]I dont want to start the Frisbie debate again because it has been done to death.

All I will say is that I hope that Dowie can get something from him, and if he cant then he gets rid in the January window. Perhaps AFKA's Sunday team could take him off our hands.

I don't want no up and coming youngsters, experienced old hands with a belly to match is our requirements !

I agree, but the fact remains till january we have only four strikers. Of those, M bent is always likely to pick up an injury, and JFH isn't doing it. Whether people like him or not, Lisbie needs some match fitness in case he is brought in.

I would have him as one of the first names on the sheet tonight due to that reason.
  • I'd probably go with the team suggested by AFKA however I agree with Salad Spinner about D Bent so I'd start with DB and maybe take him after an hour depending how the game is going.
  • There seems to be some consensus that Myhre will start in goal not Andersen. As Andersen has been the reserve keeper I reckon he'll play.

I'd give Youga a game too, he's been on the books for a season now and we need to give him a run-out simply to see if he can cut it at first team level. Hopefully Pouso will play and I'd start Marcus Bent and Lisbie, I wouldn't risk Darren Bent, we *should* be capable of beating Carlisle without him and the risk of an injury is too great. I'd rest JFH too, maybe promote James Walker, I think he's on a six month contract so it might be worth giving him an opportunity.
  • Darren Bent needs to start scoring in open play - one goal in five is disappointing, so play him tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• D Bent and Carson to play please - need some Dream Team points...
  • Actual team, via the BBC:

Charlton
    36 T Myhre
    02 L Young
    15 T El Karkouri
    24 J Fortune
    35 N Ashton
    06 R Kishishev (82 O Sankofa )
    19 D Rommedahl
    04 A Faye
    11 D Ambrose
    07 M Bent (90 K Lisbie )
    10 D Bent
    Substitutes
    16 S Andersen,
    12 K Lisbie,
    28 O Sankofa,
    31 A John,
    37 J Walker
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]D Bent needs the confidence of some goals in open play - so play him with M Bent.

Looks like you were right Les... er... SS! Let's hope he can score some more at Villa.