Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Netflix

Comments

• Options
    It’s worth noting that Netflix have said they will crack down on vpn users. Ie if you’re paying from a U.K. bank account but you’re always accessing the American Netflix through an American IP address they may block you.
  • Options

It’s worth noting that Netflix have said they will crack down on vpn users. Ie if you’re paying from a U.K. bank account but you’re always accessing the American Netflix through an American IP address they may block you.

They've been saying that for ages though, I really think it's just paying lip service to the production companies.

They know how many customers they'd lose if they cut off VPN usage.
  • Options
    I’m amazed that the copyright enforcers haven’t gone in hard against VPN providers.

Mind you, there used to be a load of free VPN providers around 10 years ago, after 9/11 VPN became quite difficult to get, now it’s all over the place again.

It’s dangerous really and should t be allowed. Sorry to say I believe people should pay for content. Not as much as they are asked to but pay nonetheless.
  • Options

I’m amazed that the copyright enforcers haven’t gone in hard against VPN providers.

Mind you, there used to be a load of free VPN providers around 10 years ago, after 9/11 VPN became quite difficult to get, now it’s all over the place again.

It’s dangerous really and should t be allowed. Sorry to say I believe people should pay for content. Not as much as they are asked to but pay nonetheless.

VPNs are used for a lot more than dodging paying for content, if you value your privacy at all, I'd say a VPN is a must.
  • Options
    Would you? Ok I’ll look into it a bit more. Had not really considered bouncing all my content through a VPN before.
  • Options

VPNs are used for a lot more than dodging paying for content, if you value your privacy at all, I'd say a VPN is a must.
    And on another level, I use them for work. It allows me to connect to secure servers and applications without having to be on a Government machine in a Government building.

There are a lot of valid uses for VPNs. And Stu is right about privacy protection.
  • Options
    How do I load a vpn onto my tv?
  • Options
    As mentioned higher up the thread Netflix remains in a highly vulnerable position....

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/jan/01/is-this-the-end-of-netflixs-golden-age

.....they have a strong first mover advantage but the big boys are about to get serious.
  • Options

As mentioned higher up the thread Netflix remains in a highly vulnerable position....

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/jan/01/is-this-the-end-of-netflixs-golden-age

.....they have a strong first mover advantage but the big boys are about to get serious.

Thanks for the insight Ormiston, but you’ll forgive me for having doubts given that your previous prediction was for Netflix to be dead and buried by 2017.
    :wink::smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Michael Pachter outlines similar thoughts here....

......Netflix may find a way through a tougher market but their problems are compounded by the fact that they have set such a low value on their product at only US$10 per month or so.

Their subs base is highly resistant to price increases so unless Netflix keeps adding tens of millions of new subs then funding an increasing amount of new content will be very tough.
  • Options
    Ok. :smile:
  • Options
    Help required.  I find myself stuck at home for the next 3 days whilst the family are away and I am ill so stuck indoors.  Watched two awful films on netflix today.  Looking for some advice for something better.  @Bedsaddick your xmas recommendations have always served well...
  • Options
    Help required.  I find myself stuck at home for the next 3 days whilst the family are away and I am ill so stuck indoors.  Watched two awful films on netflix today.  Looking for some advice for something better.  @Bedsaddick your xmas recommendations have always served well...
    The best Netflix originals around at the moment are Roma , The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs and Bird Box although the latter devides opinion . I didn’t mind it .

Ones to avoid - Velvet Buzzsaw and Polar .
  • Options
    Thank you. Will give them a go.
  • Options
    Binge watch first five series of Power. 
  • Options
    Netflix created more original content in 2018 than all movie studios combined.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    This
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    With 3 days to waste I will do this too I think!
  • Options
    I’ve been watching British Police dramas I seemed to have missed on TV. Line of Duty was one of the best series I’ve seen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Both series of Stranger Things absolutely superb.
  • Options
    Both series of Stranger Things absolutely superb.
    Can’t wait for the 3rd out this year 
  • Options
    Really enjoyed Kingdom. Korean made and way more than the zombie show I thought it was.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I'm 5 or 6 episodes into Rick & Morty

genuinely very funny
    Hey look at me!  I'm Mr Meeseeks!!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Ignore
  • Options
    Can someone pm me there email address and password , somI can watch Netflix on my kodi 
  • Options
    That’s the line they’d like us to believe - I’d like to know if that includes buying in content that wasn’t getting a theatrical release or facing box office floppery. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    That’s the line they’d like us to believe - I’d like to know if that includes buying in content that wasn’t getting a theatrical release or facing box office floppery. 
    It also kinda pisses me off when they buy up previously successful shows and call them 'netflix originals' yeah, one season maybe.

Trailer Park Boys is the best show ever made and is 100% not a netflix original, it really annoys me that they claim it is, now, I'm glad they bought the rights and let the guys make the show how they want, and I know the main guys involved really enjoy the freedom netflix give them but the show is older than netflix itself ffs.
  • Options
    Dirty John.  Compelling.