Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Piers Morgan

Comments

• 2:10

"and i'm going to tell you, 1776 will commence again........."

He sounds like Hulk Hogan on a pre fight rant
  • Jaddick said:

I love Piers Morgan, probably in the tiny percentage that does. The more people seem to hate him the more I seem to like him.

He has great banter on Twitter against arrogant footballers like Rio Ferdinand and Michael Owen. Also has witty responses to his critics which make me laugh a lot. Also loved him on the Celebrity Apprentice USA; he was amazing on that dealing with these nutty women like that reality star "from the street" threatening him and calling him an awful father.

He's an embarrasment on twitter. Use's phrases such as 'BOOM' which is #cringe. Absolutely no 'wit' in his responses at all.

Even worse when he starts banging on about Wenger and Arsenal. The man doesnt know one thing about football.

Only look at his profile when Linekar and Sugar are tearing him a new one.
  • Piers Morgan....he may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.
  • edited January 2013

Jaddick said:

I love Piers Morgan, probably in the tiny percentage that does. The more people seem to hate him the more I seem to like him.

He has great banter on Twitter against arrogant footballers like Rio Ferdinand and Michael Owen. Also has witty responses to his critics which make me laugh a lot. Also loved him on the Celebrity Apprentice USA; he was amazing on that dealing with these nutty women like that reality star "from the street" threatening him and calling him an awful father.

He's an embarrasment on twitter. Use's phrases such as 'BOOM' which is #cringe. Absolutely no 'wit' in his responses at all.

Even worse when he starts banging on about Wenger and Arsenal. The man doesnt know one thing about football.

Only look at his profile when Linekar and Sugar are tearing him a new one.
    He's funny on Twitter. He always gets in little twitter arguments with other people and his responses are often funny. Much more entertaining than other people, though Lineker's sarcastic responses are very good too. Meh, he at least has the balls to tag other people into his tweets.

Also pretty harsh to single him out as knowing nothing about football. He's just another fan who has an opinion on a team w/ a lot of followers. Most fans of PL teams don't go to games often but can still watch football because of online streams.

I love Lineker but hate Sugar, Ferdinand and Owen so I'm happy when he has jibes at people completely up themselves, even if you say he is himself.
  • Those interviews are the best viewing i have seen in a long time.
  • If only that angry nutter had a gun and what was the bit about a boxing ring - Mental!
  • Wonder if he would have had the bollocks to come on UK television and mock the British accent like that? Prick.
  • cafctom said:

Wonder if he would have had the bollocks to come on UK television and mock the British accent like that? Prick.

The bit that made me laugh abuot that was when he first started and was like "Oh I can talk in a fancy voice too", it's not a "fancy voice" its his bloody accent you twat.
  • Sponsored links:

• they may both deserve eachother
  • Jaddick said:

Do you have your windows covered in newspaper and wear a tin foil hat?

If you ever get the chance, watch Morgan on Have I Got News For You when he threatens to send his journalists to Ian Hislop's house to make his life a misery if he does not stop pointing out his hypocrisies and lies. Or read up on the reasons for his sacking from The Daily Mirror.
  • Hate him with a passion!
  • Jaddick said:

Or read up on the reasons for his sacking from The Daily Mirror.
    Viglen lol

• Addickted said:

Jaddick said:

Or read up on the reasons for his sacking from The Daily Mirror.
    Viglen lol

Ooh no, he didn't do that... wink wink...
  • Weren't he the man that printed lies and rubbish about the British armed forces in Iraq
  • Alex Jones' intellectual arguments consisted of 'fight me' and mocking Morgan's accent. Great.
  • Weren't he the man that printed lies and rubbish about the British armed forces in Iraq

That's why he was sacked NLA. Scumbag (him not you...).

• Thought so mate had fake pics and everything if I recall
  • I think the bloke's a twat but if you read his diaries he has a reasonably good defence regarding why he believed the photos were real when he published them. His brother is in the armed forces (quite high up I believe) and he talks a lot about how he agonised over whether to go with them or not. While the photos the Mirror published did end up to be fake the unit they accused later got found out for misconduct of a similar nature too.

Of course that doesn't stop him being a pompous, phone hacking nobhead but I do feel a bit sorry for him regarding the flack he still gets for those photos. From reading his side of the story and looking at his family background I believe that he honestly thought they were genuine at the time.

He was also the only editor in the mainstream press that became openly against the Iraq war, and for that I give him a lot of credit too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Find him funny sometimes and arrogant other times. Surely the hoaxers are to blame for the fake pictures. Hitlers diaries anyone.

Yeah, this is the main reason I can't stand the geezer!

To be fair he was one of the few newspaper editors who consistently opposed the invasion of Iraq. At the time there was the Daily Mirror and the Guardian and that was about it, the rest of Fleet Street happily swallowed and regurgitated the lies about Saddam Hussein acquiring nuclear weapons and being in possession of WMD that Blair and Bush spun and cheered on as we invaded. How many soldiers were subsequently killed because of the lies that the Sun, Mail, Telegraph, Times etc spun? How many are now suffering from PTSD or are recovering after having had bits of their body blown off? So the story about the activities of some British troops was later proven to be false - and neded a greater degree of fact checking, but equally there were other allegations concerning the way Iraqi prisoners were treated that were proven to be true and the government has had to pay out a lot of money in compensation...

To be fair he was one of the few newspaper editors who consistently opposed the invasion of Iraq. At the time there was the Daily Mirror and the Guardian and that was about it, the rest of Fleet Street happily swallowed and regurgitated the lies about Saddam Hussein acquiring nuclear weapons and being in possession of WMD that Blair and Bush spun and cheered on as we invaded. How many soldiers were subsequently killed because of the lies that the Sun, Mail, Telegraph, Times etc spun? How many are now suffering from PTSD or are recovering after having had bits of their body blown off? So the story about the activities of some British troops was later proven to be false - and neded a greater degree of fact checking, but equally there were other allegations concerning the way Iraqi prisoners were treated that were proven to be true and the government has had to pay out a lot of money in compensation...

So he was right to publish obviously fake photos and cast our troops in a bad light because he was against the war? To be fair, the geezers an absolute moron!
  • I have very little time for Piers Morgan, and Jeremy Clarkson went up in my estimation the day he laid one on him, but on this issue I'm 100% in agreement with him. He has his style, but if the best the gun lobby can do is deport people who disagree with them, compare owning a gun to the nuclear arms race and suggest that someone who in a snap moment wanted to kill someone would be just as likely to do so if they had to hunt down a weapon capable of doing so rather than pull it out of your belt, then power to his elbow as far as I'm concerned.

There are none as blind as them who won't see, and the NRA is at the top of the tree. Gun murders in the USA are per day what ours are per year. Their population is 5 times ours, their gun murder rate is more than 300 times. People with guns kill people. Take the guns away and it's a damn sight harder to do so. I'm sure even Charles Heston would rather be faced with a fist than a loaded gun in the hands of someone who wanted to kill him.
  • rikofold said:

I'm sure even Charles Heston would rather be faced with a fist than a loaded gun in the hands of someone who wanted to kill him.

I assume you mean Charlton Heston? Easy name to forget on these boards :)

Anyhoo, apart from Mr Heston being dead, and therefore unlikely to be killed by anyone with anything, I agree with what you have said.

• rikofold, I don't think anyone is disagreeing with his stance, just pointing out that he is one if the most unpleasant people in the public eye.
  • Rizzo said:

rikofold said:

I'm sure even Charles Heston would rather be faced with a fist than a loaded gun in the hands of someone who wanted to kill him.

Anyhoo, apart from Mr Heston being dead, and therefore unlikely to be killed by anyone with anything, I agree with what you have said.

You mean you guys AREN'T Charleston Athletic fans? I'm on the wrong board, dammit...
  • thenewbie said:

Rizzo said:

rikofold said:

You mean you guys AREN'T Charleston Athletic fans? I'm on the wrong board, dammit...
    No, these are the Chorlton Arthritic forums. Can we help you?

To suggest the photos were purely fake is also a little misleading. I was working close to this at the time and what happend was the pictures were mocked up by the British Army. There are two schools of thought as to why. One said it was a sting to trap a leak from the army, the other was that the events were real but there were no photos of them and these photos are of what the army believed had happened.
    The source was reliable and they were testaments to back up that something like these events had taken place (which added weight to why many believed the latter was true).
    Peirs had been becoming more famous than his newspaper which is somehting Murdoch does not like and therefore when the army came out and said the pictures were fake the NOTW were quick to isolate Piers for it.

He's still an awful character though.