Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chesterfield away

12346»

Comments

• Options
    glug glug glug
  • Options
    @chambta
    Getting the 17:39 back to London, will I make this train comfortably enough to grab beers from a nearby offey for the journey home, and if so, is there an offey on route?
    Yes you will. It's a 20-25 minute walk and you'll pass a Londis type mini-market shop halfway there on the left.
  • Options
    @chambta
    Getting the 17:39 back to London, will I make this train comfortably enough to grab beers from a nearby offey for the journey home, and if so, is there an offey on route?
    Yes you will. It's a 20-25 minute walk and you'll pass a Londis type mini-market shop halfway there on the left.

The club say there is a pitch inspection at 1pm. That of course must be to tell Charlton whether to come up or not. What is the word in the local papers as the state of the pitch etc

• Options
    Also @chambta
    Thanks for boozer info.
    there's 25 of us booked in prem inn, are there any pubs nearby that have sky and don't mind us bringing kids in.
    I presume you mean the one at Tapton Lock Hill behind the old Tesco. There's a pub adjoining the hotel which is OK for food and a quick beer but there's no Sky TV. The Lockoford pub is probably your best bet from there. It's as close to a designated away pub as there is.
  • Options
    @chambta

The club say there is a pitch inspection at 1pm. That of course must be to tell Charlton whether to come up or not. What is the word in the local papers as the state of the pitch etc

I assumed the pitch would be covered but it was mentioned on here we'd trained on it which I would be suprised at. The pitch itself I'm sure will be fine right now as it didn't get too cold last night, it's the forecast temperatures on Friday night that are the cause for concern.
  • Options
    @chambta

I assumed the pitch would be covered but it was mentioned on here we'd trained on it which I would be suprised at. The pitch itself I'm sure will be fine right now as it didn't get too cold last night, it's the forecast temperatures on Friday night that are the cause for concern.
    So if you trained on it that must be a very good sign. I still fear that I will end up at Bramall Lane on Saturday!
  • Options
    I wouldn't go there if you paid me unless we were playing! I'll begrudge them the £28 they will be asking from us when we go.
  • Options
    I wouldn't go there if you paid me unless we were playing! I'll begrudge them the £28 they will be asking from us when we go.
    They have made that a grade A then, robbing buggers! I would like to go to a non-league game but they must all be off if our one is.
    I presume United have undersoil heating

• Options
    There's a small non-league club across the M1 called Mansfield Town. Looking on their website they're at home to Fleetwood but they'll not be playing if we aren't I wouldn't have thought.
  • Options
    There's a small non-league club across the M1 called Mansfield Town. Looking on their website they're at home to Fleetwood but they'll not be playing if we aren't I wouldn't have thought.
    I have seen Hallam and Stocksbridge Park Steels are at home but a miracle if either were on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not familiar with Hallam but I've played cricket at Stocksbridge and it seems to have it's own eco-system up there - I swear there was snow in the air in April as I opened the batting! Locally there's Matlock, Buxton & Belper too but all of them are liable to have games called off at the merest whiff of inclement weather.
  • Options
    I'm not familiar with Hallam but I've played cricket at Stocksbridge and it seems to have it's own eco-system up there - I swear there was snow in the air in April as I opened the batting! Locally there's Matlock, Buxton & Belper too but all of them are liable to have games called off at the merest whiff of inclement weather.
    Being a groundhopper I can ALMOST tolerate the game being off as long as I can get another game, shame I have been to Bramall Lane about 10 times though!
  • Options
    Have you been to Sheffield FC? That's about a mile walk from Dronfield station and they actually play in Derbyshire. Again likely to be off though if they are scheduled to be at home.
  • Options
    Have you been to Sheffield FC? That's about a mile walk from Dronfield station and they actually play in Derbyshire. Again likely to be off though if they are scheduled to be at home.
    Yeah went to Sheffield FC March 2007
  • Options
    In the unlikely event that our game is off and this survives, there's an FA Vase 5th round game scheduled to take place in Chesterfield; Staveley MW V Oadby Town.
  • Options
    In the unlikely event that our game is off and this survives, there's an FA Vase 5th round game scheduled to take place in Chesterfield; Staveley MW V Oadby Town.
    cheers chambta, hopefully this Saturday can be salvaged somehow!!
  • Options
    cheers chambta, hopefully this Saturday can be salvaged somehow!!
    Rang Staveley and will be off. Barnsley told me have undersoil heating, switchboard seemed amused someone had questioned whether their game will be on or not. Not even having an inspection!
  • Options
    @chambta If you ever come back on here - What is the nearest hotel? Is there one walking distance from the ground... but not the Casa as seems overly expensive. Ringwood hall walkable? Or best to go back into Chesterfield?