Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chesterfield away

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I'll never forget reading that thread after Orient Away a couple of seasons ago.

Out of interest, Did you ever get get in touch with the OB after ?
  • Options
    Are you coming on the train? The easiest way is to head straight out of the station and turn right at the Chesterfield Hotel. Walk up the hill, crossing over the by-pass and you hit the Holywell Cross carpark (the doughnut locally). Turn right and where the road forks, take the right hand side road. This is Sheffield Road. It's about a mile from the ground from here, not much more than a twenty minute walk in total.
    Are your fans all friendly ? Is there anywhere we should avoid ? We saw one of your "fans" punching the Bury goalie in the face.
  • Options
    I'll never forget reading that thread after Orient Away a coupleof seasons ago.
    It wasn't even us, I just walked out the toilet and got dragged out by the police, bastards
  • Options
    He has a pocket abacus to work out the best deals, but he is leaving ten before the end of the game as the chip shop in town are doing half price chips for half an hour, saving of 35p,
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Well I had to blame someone...
    It wasn't even us, I just walked out the toilet and got dragged out by the police, bastards
  • Options
    </blockquote

And i bet that copper has never lived it down back at the nick for taking you in, you can picture the desk sargents face as Nathan is being dragged in. That poor coppers carrer is in tatters

• Options
    To be fair Prior, was like a glacier mint o/s the matchroom stadium 2 seasons back. The other 3 herberts were crying for Britain!!

• Options
    one lad has a few tears me and nathan kept a cool head
  • Options
    one lad has a few tears me and nathan kept a cool head
    After I had to calm you down, yes
  • Options
    I heard some of your fans got done for racism but I don't think for a minute that you all are. One child ran on the pitch and hit the Bury keeper, yes. Only pubs I'd avoid are the Rose & Crown opposite the ground and the Crown & Anchor up Sheffield Road towards town. They are 'home only' and you're missing nothing anyway. Personally I'd head into town for a couple of beers and stroll to the ground via the Chesterfield Arms (best pub for miles around in my opinion) if you have time. The Market, Royal Oak & Rutland are all places I'd recommend. There are also a couple of 'spoons for the unadventurous amongst you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I heard some of your fans got done for racism but I don't think for a minute that you all are. One child ran on the pitch and hit the Bury keeper, yes. Only pubs I'd avoid are the Rose & Crown opposite the ground and the Crown & Anchor up Sheffield Road towards town. They are 'home only' and you're missing nothing anyway. Personally I'd head into town for a couple of beers and stroll to the ground via the Chesterfield Arms (best pub for miles around in my opinion) if you have time. The Market, Royal Oak & Rutland are all places I'd recommend. There are also a couple of 'spoons for the unadventurous amongst you.
    Thanks
  • Options
    cheers mate
  • Options
    Donkey Derby it is then
  • Options
    Nice one thanks for the info and no doubt we will use it. Unless you are a cyber warrior and we are all about to get a battering in Chesterfield after you have stitched us up. Good luck after Saturday, and i hope you stuff Megson and his hoofers in a couple of weeks
  • Options
    What coach to Derby thread was an absolute classic.

No one believed Nathan was a real person till he walked the length of the coach to pay his money. The whole coach went silent as Nathan, looking like he'd just dragged himself out of bed stumbled up the coach to give his money to WIWALB.

Quality.
  • Options

No one believed Nathan was a real person till he walked the length of the coach to pay his money. The whole coach went silent as Nathan, looking like he'd just dragged himself out of bed stumbled up the coach to give his money to WIWALB.

Quality.
    I had just dragged myself out of bed 45mins before, yes
  • Options

Quality.
    He paid me late because he thought it would be cheaper. He got legless in the pub up there, dont think he had even sniffed a barmaids appron before that day let alone us lot buying him pints.
  • Options
    Not at all, just doing my bit to help anyone if I can. The Donkey Derby's OK, it's close to the ground etc but it's a typical Sizzling Grill or whatever it is chain-pub. I think you get plastic glasses too on matchdays.
  • Options
    ope the weather forecast i've just seen is wrong...forecasting up to 20cm of snow across midlands northwards from Thursday nite...and temps of -8c.........dont need another postponement!!
  • Options
    @chambta
    Getting the 17:39 back to London, will I make this train comfortably enough to grab beers from a nearby offey for the journey home, and if so, is there an offey on route?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also @chambta
    Thanks for boozer info.
    there's 25 of us booked in prem inn, are there any pubs nearby that have sky and don't mind us bringing kids in.
  • Options
    ope the weather forecast i've just seen is wrong...forecasting up to 20cm of snow across midlands northwards from Thursday nite...and temps of -8c.........dont need another postponement!!
    This is blatantly getting called off isn't it. Damn. It's bad enough for home games but it's such a pain when you've shelled out for trains/match tickets.
  • Options
    its a shame, gonna have a massive fixture pile up
  • Options
    Current forecast is for an overnight low of -1C on friday night and a high of 2C on saturday. The lows are a bit better than London's. So there's still a chance. Just hope a decision is made before travel is underway.
  • Options
    So is there a pub with man utd vs liverpool on which away fans are allowed into?
  • Options
    Great thread lads. And well done chambta for answering all questions.

I liked that pub that was next to the old ground. very cosy it was.
  • Options
    Chesterfield claim they have covers that protect the pitch down to minus 5. None over the overnight temps forecast for between now and Sat are near that.

Unless things change or we get shedloads of snow, no excuse for it to be off.
  • Options
    There's a high chance of sleet or snow Thursday & Friday, so that could cause big problems & even if the pitch is ok, it could be off due to problems with surrounding streets. I'm afraid I'm not optimistic :-(
  • Options
    There's a high chance of sleet or snow Thursday & Friday, so that could cause big problems & even if the pitch is ok, it could be off due to problems with surrounding streets. I'm afraid I'm not optimistic :-(
    If they have a pitch inspection Saturday morning I shall have no choice but to go as on the 8.25 up. If game off will be looking at Sheff Utd v Wycombe, assuming they have undersoil heating