Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chesterfield away

Comments

• Options
    No undersoil heating, no. It wasn't deemed cost effective to have it when the ground was built. Not necessarily the cost of installation but the cost of running it v likely savings. The pitch has covers that work down to -5 but for obvious reasons are only put down closer to the game. With the temperatures expected I see no issues personally.
    Keep us updated please. I'm sweating on this one, after having to go to Rochdale 3 times last season & then being on one of the trains that didn't make it to Sheff W a couple of weeks ago. Much appreciated.
  • Options
    The turnstile's are automated but depending on the ticket used a light is displayed inside where stewards will be. If you use one you ain't entitled to you could be challenged. Equally nothing may happen.
  • Options
    The turnstile's are automated but depending on the ticket used a light is displayed inside where stewards will be. If you use one you ain't entitled to you could be challenged. Equally nothing may happen.
    I have a baby face so it's normally all good, plus it helps im only 5"6 too. I'm just hoping nothing happens, it normally doesn't

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Whats the turnstile people like too? I have an U19 ticket when I'm not U19, so if I have a shave would I be fine?
    Make sure you put your fag out Nathan, switch to a side parting, copy of the Beano under my arm used to work for me and if you get pulled just say you've got the tickets mixed up with your younger brother who's gone in on your adult ticket. Otherwise make sure you know your dodgy date of birth. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    And no throwing bottles at barmaids...
  • Options
    What food you after? Obviously Chesterfield ain't London but we've a handful of decent places to eat.
    Like KFC/Burger King etc. Maybe even a chippy
    Perhaps if you contact tourist information they could help you out for after the game amusement

• Options
    edited February 2012
    What food you after? Obviously Chesterfield ain't London but we've a handful of decent places to eat.
    2 and a half hours in a chippy :-)
    Make it a large portion of chips and you should be ok..................you got to laugh standing around on your own in the cold up North in winds blowing in from Russia for 2hours and 40 mins to save yourself £4, what will top it is if the stewards see a bit of bum fluff on your chin and charge you full price to get in,

• Options
    Is that why he's timed the trains like that? For four quid?! Ha ha.
  • Options
    I had to stand around in Sheffield Station on my own for like 1hr30 on the way back from Wednesday, that was soo f*cking boring, but I'm used to it.
  • Options
    Perhaps if you contact tourist information they could help you out for after the game amusement

Do a bit of busking or sell your soul, maybe for the next away game you can either get the 18.30 home or stretch to a savaloy with the chips. By the way they have supper up north not dinner.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Save £4 on the train, save £6 on the ticket, means I can afford another 3ish pints..simple really
  • Options
    What is the Red Lion like? Seems as if it is on the road that leads down to the ground, I gather that there are a few in the same area

• Options

Do a bit of busking or sell your soul, maybe for the next away game you can either get the 18.30 home or stretch to a savaloy with the chips. By the way they have supper up north not dinner.

Is this all true or a wind-up?

• Options
    Chambta
    Any advice on parking near the ground?
  • Options
    Whats the turnstile people like too? I have an U19 ticket when I'm not U19, so if I have a shave would I be fine?
    They ask a few general knowledge questions they would expect an adult to know.

I think you're gonna be ok.
  • Options

Dont ask him where he had to pick the coach up from in Bexleyheath for Derby away, and what buses went there and the times they went, that thread went on for days, painful but priceless.
  • Options

Dont ask him where he had to pick the coach up from in Bexleyheath for Derby away, and what buses went there and the times they went, that thread went on for days, painful but priceless.
    I am not having it, not getting involved, this is a wind-up

• Options

Smudge picture Nathan's face Saturday morning whilst asking for his copy of the Beano in the newsagents, that his nuts have dropped during the night............
  • Options

Bully Boy tactics.

I fear another 'last time I'm posting here' moment.

If only we had StuWall
  • Options
    The Red Lion's OK, nothing more. It's at the end of Sheffield Road in the opposite direction to the town centre. It's a small pub but the beer's OK. My cricket club used to use it and it was decent enough. None of the pubs on Sheffield Road are anything to write home about with the exception of the Derby Tup which is tremendous if you like real ale. It's been in the Good Beer Guide every single year. If you're coming on the train I'd personally stick around town and get a taxi down at 2.30. It'll cost you less than a fiver.

Plenty of parking in the streets off Peveril Road. Avoid parking on Nelson Street and Sanforth Street, they're access only and bitter residents have been known to introduce a key to the door of cars. You can also park in the Tesco store adjacent to the ground. I do and they can't stop you even if they wanted to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You ever seen him mate, you think he sounds bad, wait till you see him, and believe me when he walks him into a room you will instantly say to yourself "That's Nathen"
  • Options
    The Red Lion's OK, nothing more. It's at the end of Sheffield Road in the opposite direction to the town centre. It's a small pub but the beer's OK. My cricket club used to use it and it was decent enough. None of the pubs on Sheffield Road are anything to write home about with the exception of the Derby Tup which is tremendous if you like real ale. It's been in the Good Beer Guide every single year. If you're coming on the train I'd personally stick around town and get a taxi down at 2.30. It'll cost you less than a fiver.

Plenty of parking in the streets off Peveril Road. Avoid parking on Nelson Street and Sanforth Street, they're access only and bitter residents have been known to introduce a key to the door of cars. You can also park in the Tesco store adjacent to the ground. I do and they can't stop you even if they wanted to.
    Nice one chambta, so lastly, once we hit the Sheffield Road how far from the ground?

• Options
    Leave off Elsborg you are sounding like Nathan now
  • Options

You ever seen him mate, you think he sounds bad, wait till you see him, and believe me when he walks him into a room you will instantly say to yourself "That's Nathen"
    Leave off Elsborg you are sounding like Nathan now
    !!!!!

• Options
    At least it adds to my famousness
  • Options
    Are you coming on the train? The easiest way is to head straight out of the station and turn right at the Chesterfield Hotel. Walk up the hill, crossing over the by-pass and you hit the Holywell Cross carpark (the doughnut locally). Turn right and where the road forks, take the right hand side road. This is Sheffield Road. It's about a mile from the ground from here, not much more than a twenty minute walk in total.
  • Options
    what pubs do you recommend?
  • Options
    Are you coming on the train? The easiest way is to head straight out of the station and turn right at the Chesterfield Hotel. Walk up the hill, crossing over the by-pass and you hit the Holywell Cross carpark (the doughnut locally). Turn right and where the road forks, take the right hand side road. This is Sheffield Road. It's about a mile from the ground from here, not much more than a twenty minute walk in total.
    Yeah on the train mate. Top man Chambta, lets hope the game is played this Saturday. All the best for the rest of the season, after Saturday of course!

• Options
    Prior in a chicken shop. Carnage
  • Options
    what pubs do you recommend?
    Ones with drinks in ;)