Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Belvedere helicopter

Comments

• Chinooks regulary fly over my house (SE9).
  • He's out now. The Bellmarsh copter that is...... Over Eltham Park now.
  • edited December 2013
    One over Bexleyheath/barnehurst last night. Hovering quite low and very loud. Anyone hear it.
  • No but was fully reported on twitter by them and what they were up to.
  • was hovering above our house in Barnehurst. Happens too often for my liking! his is not a dodgy neighbourhood, I wonder if its just training exercises??
  • Think they said on shitter that they were chasing two burglars through gardens
  • Taxi_Lad said:

was hovering above our house in Barnehurst. Happens too often for my liking! his is not a dodgy neighbourhood, I wonder if its just training exercises??

You're joking right?? Barnehurst is on par with Beirut, it is not safe around there after dark!! ;o)
  • Helicopters used to land at Colfes school in Lee, flying just over the flat that we lived in, they were vey close too.
  • edited December 2013
    A man was arrested for using laser on a police helicopter in Orpington last night

A MAN has been arrested after shining a potentially deadly laser pen at a police helicopter.

The 46-year-old admitted shining a powerful beam directly at the Metropolitan Police chopper shortly at 00.40am this morning.

The crew of the helicopter used their video equipment to pinpoint the source of the beam while the helicopter was in the Orpington area in the south east of the capital.

They directed officers on the ground to the St Paul’s Cray area, where the man was arrested at the address they had identified.

They found a laser pen at the address.

The man was taken to a south London Police Station where he admitted the offence and was given a police caution for endangering the safety of an aircraft.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't believe that

a) the bloke was 46!!
    b) after going to all that aggro to track him down, he only got a caution
  • "Orpington area in the south east of the capital".

eh?
  • Macronate said:

"Orpington area in the south east of the capital".

eh?

Orpington IS in London.

• Riviera said:

Macronate said:

"Orpington area in the south east of the capital".

eh?

Orpington IS in London.

no, its south east of London
  • was up again last night over Barnehurst/Bexleyheath area, woke me and the missus up.

tired.
  • Macronate said:

was up again last night over Barnehurst/Bexleyheath area, woke me and the missus up.

tired.

It was always over my area in Bexleyheath, one of the many reasons I moved.
  • Over Eltham Park now. Another Belmarsh escapee we've not been told about?
  • Over Eltham Park now. Another Belmarsh escapee we've not been told about?

Probably one of the screws who forgot to sign out
  • Alive and well buzzing Eltham Park now.
  • Hovering over Eltham station/Well Hall Road now.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Belvedere helicopter sounds like a lesbian sex position.

which explains the buzzing?
  • These are helicopters and the place is Belvedere.

Did you get the serial numbers so you can tick them off?

• They look like Chinooks, military transport helicopters.

Did you get the serial numbers so you can tick them off?
    Often saw those when we lived on Well Hall Road...sometimes flying over Woolwich Common on my walk to the Valley.
  • They have been hired by the Aussies to bring all the consortium members to The Valley to sign contracts with Duchatelet. They each seat 56 leaving the remainder of the consortium to come in by car.
  • Funnily enough there was a Belvedere helecopter in the fifties/sixties made by Bristol and it looked like a anorexic Chinook. I would attach a piccy but havent the brains.
  • Been hovering over Eltham all night and still is at 1:30am. Lots of sirens too. 
  • Halix said:
    Funnily enough there was a Belvedere helecopter in the fifties/sixties made by Bristol and it looked like a anorexic Chinook. I would attach a piccy but havent the brains.