Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Belvedere helicopter

Comments

• BDLBDL
    edited February 2012
    Helicopter spotters
  • its going over Sidcup now (they'll never take me !)

• Probably got thermal imaging on looking for cannabis factories
  • BDL
    I dont suppose that's a Seacat missile is it by any chance?
    My dad was in charge of testing them, much of which was done in Lossiemouth
  • BDL
    I dont suppose that's a Seacat missile is it by any chance?
    My dad was in charge of testing them, much of which was done in Lossiemouth
    Nope, it's a Bloodhound.
  • Much much bigger isnt it!
  • yeah the kkk were in lewisham last night!
  • yeah the kkk were in lewisham last night!
    Eh?

Anyway I do remember a year back going out side at 3am as one was hovering so low ans loud. I looked into the whites of the eyes of the pilot and gave him the middle finger... he left straightway in the direction of upper belevedere.
  • The helicopter last night was looking for an old lady who was not very well who went missing who has since been found dead in Bostall Woods.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ah god love her. Poor lady.
  • Back in 1996 sitting in our loverly ground floor maisonette living room in Churchbury Road Middle Park, we had just watched a rented video (google it youngsters...), snuggled up on the sofa and the kids were well asleep in their beds. We had had a nice meal together and had enjoyed a nice bottle of wine and chances are we were on for a nice romantic conclusion to the evening. Just as things were getting amorous, the whole house lit up like a scene from Close Encounters of the Third Kind, we both jumped about three miles up in the air. It was frightening for a split secound until we heard the tell tale sound of the Met chopper doing it's rounds of the estate. Mood and game over... happy days!
  • Must be frustratung soapy when a bigger chopper appears and your missus is no longer interested in your gyroscope :-)
  • LOL the pair of you.
  • Must be frustratung soapy when a bigger chopper appears and your missus is no longer interested in your gyroscope :-)
    Very good!
  • Probably got thermal imaging on looking for cannabis factories
    Was my first though too.

Assholes pushing prices up ;-(
  • It was coming in to land.

Someone apparently left the landing light on!
  • Damn thing is back again, almost at my bedroom window in Welling.
  • It was making a real pest of itself in the Eltham Park area at 5.30 this morning......
  • And again this morning about 0415!
  • Sponsored links:

• Belvedere must be exciting place to live...
  • bloody thing, literally been circling my street for the last 20 minutes
  • bloody thing, literally been circling my street for the last 20 minutes
    A missile as quoted in your username could do well here..Surface to Air Missile
  • Anyone know what the hell the one in Lee is all about tonight? Few sirens as well
  • We got one down here in Poole.
    I've had Deer in my back garden and Badgers; but can't get away from this freaking noise pollution.

Surface to air missiles is definitely the way forward.
    Might make the wildlife shit though
  • I hope they have one in st osyths to find that bloody lion
  • buckshee said:

Anyone know what the hell the one in Lee is all about tonight? Few sirens as well

When I lived in Lee there used to be a helicopter that landed in the grounds at Colfes school, which was at the bottom of our road....Leyland road.
  • we live in London. there is literally helicopters circling EVERYDAY. and the odd Chinook. doesn't necessarily mean anything special is happening.
  • we live in London. there is literally helicopters circling EVERYDAY. and the odd Chinook. doesn't necessarily mean anything special is happening.

Always saw a chinook flying over on the walk from Eltham to The Valley....very low I think it used to land in Woolwich somewhere...this is going back to pre 2005.

Always saw a chinook flying over on the walk from Eltham to The Valley....very low I think it used to land in Woolwich somewhere...this is going back to pre 2005.
    yeah still around woolwich area regularly. less so since they closed the barracks on the common but still seen from time to time.