Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oh God, the ref tonight is...........

Andy D'Urso. See this:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/Appointments/0,,10794~2593185,00.html

You realise that so much as one snow flake falls on The Valley tonight and he'll call it off!

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2012
    That christ for that, I thought you were going to say Spankie........

Stuart Atwell doing Palace v Brighton. Should be interesting.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Oi, oi Stone!!! :o) I know Ian Cooper, the 4th official too....

I'll be there tonight but merely as a fan!
  • Options
    He actually had an ok game last time he had us. [i think]
  • Options
    He did the rearranged game v Southampton?
  • Options
    He did us at Wycombe away and was his usual unpredictable self!
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited January 2012
    May have been just a game on tele then
  • Options
    Oi, oi Stone!!! :o) I know Ian Cooper, the 4th official too....

I'll be there tonight but merely as a fan!
    I ran a few lines for our reserves back in the day. Once at The Valley and twice at Welling. I would never have been able to do the first team though (had I gone that far).

And for the interested, you are asked to declare you allegiance when you join the football league.
  • Options
    I haven't got that far but would love to. I lined the U19s in their 7-0 defeat of Cambridge last month. I would love to officiate at The Valley in a competitive game. What a dream that would be.
  • Options
    may aswell not even bother going to the ground
  • Options
    That christ for that, I thought you were going to say Spankie........

Stuart Atwell doing Palace v Brighton. Should be interesting.
    Shatwell loves a highly charged atmosphere to demonstrate his random attention seeking behaviour.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2012
    I just knew I was going to open up the thread and D'Urso's name was going to be stairing straight back at me....

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Serious question: has any ref/lino ever been stood down from officiating at a pro-game, because of an affiliation with, or a known partisan support for, one or other of the teams?

I know more about cricket umpiring than football refereeing, and the only cricketing example I can think of is that former Kent captain Mark Benson voluntarily asked the ECB not to be appointed for any KCCC games. But it was his personal request , not a ban from the cricketing authorities.
  • Options
    Mike Riley gave Manchester United 79 penalties at Old Trafford over the years. ( well it was something like that anyway ;) )
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    At least he didn't let us down.

How that keeper didn't get booked I'll never know.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Serious question: has any ref/lino ever been stood down from officiating at a pro-game, because of an affiliation with, or a known partisan support for, one or other of the teams?

I know more about cricket umpiring than football refereeing, and the only cricketing example I can think of is that former Kent captain Mark Benson voluntarily asked the ECB not to be appointed for any KCCC games. But it was his personal request , not a ban from the cricketing authorities.
    Mike Dean was replaced by Alan Wiley for the 2006 FA Cup Final Liverpool v West Ham because Dean was from The Wirral.

• Options
    If D'urso got the card out, the keeper would have eaten it anyway. like he obviously had everything else he'd been shown before.
  • Options
    I thought jackson?? Should have been booked when he nearly cut a bury player in half in front of the away dugout and I don't think they even got a free kick!
  • Options
    I thought jackson?? Should have been booked when he nearly cut a bury player in half in front of the away dugout and I don't think they even got a free kick!
    he did lunge in but I think he missed him altogether.
  • Options
    Thought he had a good game - wasn't over the top with his cards and let the game flow.

Couldn't be arsed with their time wasting tactics and just stuck 5 mins on at the end of the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

And for the interested, you are asked to declare you allegiance when you join the football league.
    I'd tell them I support Palarse, that way you might get an addicks game and you're guaranteed not to be sent to that shit hole of a place.................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought he reffed well - we can't blame him for an average performance!
  • Options
    I swore blind that their defender tipped a shot from Sols behind, but nobody else seems to have so maybe I owe the Durse an apology.

Still thought he was poor, I hate to see a ref getting the piss taken out of him by a timewasting keeper. Get the card out early and get it out again if he keeps dicking around.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Out of interest - who was that ref that twisted his ankle or broke his leg or something and had to be stretchered off? (Bournemouth game was it?) - and was he alright?
  • Options
    When he fell over his pencil in his sock snapped and he thought he'd broken a bone. He was 100% fine.
  • Options
    I swore blind that their defender tipped a shot from Sols behind, but nobody else seems to have so maybe I owe the Durse an apology.
    Looked like handball from where I was (north-upper).
  • Options
    I honestly couldn't tell. If it was handball Bury definitely dodged a bullet there.
  • Options
    Thought he headed it, should have had a corner minimum anyway
  • Options
    I thought Morrison passed back to Hamer in the first half and Hamer caught it, but no one protested about a pass back - did I see it wrongly?
  • Options
    Looked like handball from where I was (north-upper).
    We all thought it was handball . Shot was going wide so no idea why he would handle it
  • Options
    Thought he had a good game - wasn't over the top with his cards and let the game flow.

Couldn't be arsed with their time wasting tactics and just stuck 5 mins on at the end of the game.
    Completely agree. Several might've been cautioned - not least Hamer for his push on the time-wasting sub - but he was consistent and let the game flow as much as possible, unlike the berk who did the Sheff. Utd. game.