Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Manager of the month January

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
Will SCP get it again if we win Tuesday? If we win and don't concede it will be 5 wins and 5 clean sheets. Can anyone better assuming the Fulham game doesn't count.

Comments

• Stevange are unbeaten in the league and beat Reading in the cup but since they changed manager I can't see either getting it.

Hudds still unbeaten for 173 games

Sheff Weds deserved to win all their games

Otherwise looks like Powell
  • Win Tuesday and it's nailed on IMHO. Hopefully after last time the jinx is laid to rest too.
    Most important one to win is manager of the season.
  • I don't think they take the cup into consideration, do they? As it's a league competition.
  • Curbs is chairman of the judging panel.
  • Nope - the 0-4 against Fulham hopefully would be taken into account although it is in the Cup;-)
  • edited January 2012
    Its cursed.

And SCP obviously doesn't deserve it for the reason's Henry mentioned.
  • edited January 2012
    From what I can see, they include the League Cup but not the FA Cup. If they do, they keep fantastically quiet about it.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/ManageroftheMonthArticle
  • No, its only down to luck. Teams week in week out have been far better than us.
    18 points clear of Stevenage with a 33 goal difference its going to be nip and tuck to make the play offs.
    Be nice if we can go the season without winning these cursed awards.
  • No, its only down to luck. Teams week in week out have been far better than us.
    18 points clear of Stevenage with a 33 goal difference its going to be nip and tuck to make the play offs.
    Be nice if we can go the season without winning these cursed awards.
    So it will definitely be the Leyton Orient game when we know that we have made it to the playoffs(!) ;-)
  • Anything other than an award for Gary Smegson and the Massive would be a travesty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anything other than an award for Gary Smegson and the Massive would be a travesty.
    This. Or the unbeaten Lee Clark of course.
    This. Or the unbeaten Lee Clark of course.
    True. They are on an absolutely unprecendented eight match unbeaten run, don't forget.
  • Silly me Len I forgot Uddersfield, the only team umbeaten since football was invented...
  • The Wendies have gone on an unparallelled unbeaten run since the last game they lost - so Mugson deserves the award.
  • I don't think Powell deserves the award. He sets up his team to score and not concede, thus creating boring predictable football results, that lack any interest for any seasoned Charlton fan, so he wouldn't get my vote!!
  • Gavin on Owlssqwark. "Personally I think teams that win 1-0 should be deducted points, how mahoosive is that? If the mighty Owls served that sort of shite up, I personally would never shag my sister again"
  • Wayne on Down that BigMac. " IF they carry on like this those soft southern shite will be challenging the mighty Uddersfield's record of world footballing dominance...anyway their so called top striker can't even score goals for fun"
  • Fecking owls talk and up the macs arse

The bugle bus ain't stopping for Yorkshire shit

It's currently parked in nth London
  • Not sure Stevenage can get it as they've had two managers this month.
  • Lest we forget, Powell has already won the award and the curse hasn't derailed us too much!!!! Great if he gets it again, hopefully he will get it for February too........and March.
  • Sponsored links:

• They might as well give him his third award of the season now and so much for the Curse!