Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Exeter v Charlton Post Match Views

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
All post match new and views in here please.

Rolling on!

Comments

• 9 points clear, with a game in hand on Hudds

Other top 5 sides all to play each other soon.

Not conceeded a goal all year, happy days.

Time for bed.
  • Shakey game out of the way... definitely would have drawn that last term and pushes the gap to ten points to third. Lovely jubbly
  • Phew...sounded like Exeter played the better stuff and deserved something from it but who cares. Hudders drop points and Wednesday get a replay.
  • stats addicks first-:
    possession........58% - 42%
    shots on................2 - 4
    shots off.................3- 4
    corners....................6 -2

GOALS.....................1 - 0
  • Never mind that, Michael Smith got a hattrick.
  • Winning and the forwards still not scoring, good team.
  • it's a done deal (nearly)

we are going up say we are going up

binary bores march on, love it

another clean sheet for our lucky/pony/lets get rid of keeper

champions 60% runners up 39% play offs 1%

well done to the travelling thousands
  • Great result. 1-0 will do me nicely. I do not care how these goals come, as long as we get them.

And well done to Smith!!!
  • A beast of a season.
  • Earlier in the season one goal never seemed to be enough - these days it's our standard.

BWP not scored again - he must be very frustrated at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Away record and goals conceded just goes on
  • Team P GD PTS
    Full League One table
    1 Charlton 27 33 63
    2 Huddersfield 28 28 54
    3 Sheffield Utd 27 24 53
    4 Sheffield Wed 27 15 53
    5 MK Dons 26 21 47
    6 Stevenage 27 18 45
  • Another importnat 3 points and tough away game out of the way. 2 home games now. Hamer made a couple of errors but also made a couple of good saves!
  • Beyond massive.

Champions come May
  • It would take a monumental f*** up to not go up from here
  • 1-0 to the Arsenal....SCP the new George Graham
  • 19 games left - ca 30 points needed for promotion.

• edited January 2012
    It looks like we are winning games because we have an amazing back four. The luck is with us also which is good as our strikers haven't scored for ages.
    I have to pinch myself when i look at that league table and with Bury and Rochdale next at home we can really put this league to bed.
    I just hope in one or both of those games we score a hat full of goals.
    COYR!!!!
  • Think Smith should be recalled and he, Stephens and Sullivan start Tuesday
    . ;-)
  • Great, great season. COYR!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2012
    Another 1-0 but as I said last week we have learnt to win ugly this season. Exeter had some chances especially after Bouzza came on....and yet we stood firm. A couple of flaps from Hamer, but 3 crucial saves as well!! Back 4 are immense and with goals coming from throughout the team (only Solly hasnt scored this season) we are looking good. It will be intersting to see if he makes any changes on Tuesday as another 3 points is vital.
  • Promotion clinched Oldham, Walsall or Carlisle? That's when I'm over. :-)
  • When do I start enjoying it?

Feel horribly nervous before and during every game we play. I can't switch off the nagging feeling that it is all going to go wrong. Consequence of the last few years I guess.

The more we play the more we appear to be mirroring Norwich a couple of seasons ago.
  • It'll be goog to hear views of those at the game.
  • When do I start enjoying it?

Feel horribly nervous before and during every game we play. I can't switch off the nagging feeling that it is all going to go wrong. Consequence of the last few years I guess.

The more we play the more we appear to be mirroring Norwich a couple of seasons ago.
    i know where you're coming from.......
  • Am I about to wake up from this....a very happy addick in Ypres, especially with a Palace ST holder on my tour, even he conceded we are lookimg good now, Bury loose 3-0 away so standby for some Bus parking Tuesday night, I cant wait...up the addicks!
  • Celebration (?) meal booked for Walsall game. Here's hoping!
  • Boring.
  • Boring Boring Charlton.......I didn't even react when Merson shouted the goal, I'm getting used to the winning
  • Colin Lee on BBC London very impressed with CAFC. Rated both full backs and the whole teams effort.

he felt it was very close but we edged it and overall our play deserved the win.