Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Albert Lindon... Was he shafted by Charlton?

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
Am I in a minority of 1 in thinking AL got a raw deal at The Valley?

I thought that with the resources he had at his disposal at the time, he was doing a good job.

Granted, the football being served up wasn't a lot of fun to watch, but I believe we'd be playing 1st Divsion football already if he'd kept his position.

Hope the fella turns it around at Merthyr, I thought he was a decent, genuine bloke who deserved more loyalty from our Board.

Comments

• He was a nice man, but that doesn't make him a good manager. Anyone who witnessed that shambles as Chesterfield beat us 5-2 at home knows that he had to go.
  • Retroll
  • He inherited a bad situation from Alex McFarlane, and as is often the case in football carried the can at the end of the season. I wait to see if the new bloke Seed will do any better.

• Now this is a quality thread, LMAO as the yoof say these days!
  • But he got far to animated on the touch line ,

And it was quite frankly an embarrassment to our club and our fans

The poor kit man and Orange peeler used to get so much stick
  • He inherited a bad situation from Alex McFarlane, and as is often the case in football carried the can at the end of the season. I wait to see if the new bloke Seed will do any better.

Seed's a good young manager with the potential to grow in the job.
  • Seed's got no chance. He's got to get rid of that waste of space Bartram boy and buy an experienced goalkeeper.
  • Nice one Addickted.

Personally, I think it is too soon to judge Lindon.
  • Sponsored links:

• A bit harsh at the time but in hindsight a good move by the board. Lindon hasn't done much recently!
  • Think this Seed fella will eventually bloom, if given the chance
  • In the fertile environment around club at the moment, i reckon seed could blossom
  • I'm impressed with the new owners. Under the Glicksteins I can't see anything but first division football. We'll never be a selling club again.
  • Can we start a campaign to rename the terrace behind the goal The Lindon Terrace?
  • Can we start a campaign to rename the terrace behind the goal The Lindon Terrace?
    Good idea but I fear that people at the Club would still refer to it as the south end.

• A bit sceptical about Seed is he proper Charlton like Lindon after all he used to play for Spurs and the Wendys.
  • I see all the rose tinted brigade are out saying give Seed time, but the guy has just signed that keeper who let in 6 goals in his first reserve game against Luton and flaped around his box like a performing monkey. Even I can see that northern ginger waster has no future in the game.

If we want to get out of this league we will need to invest some serious money. Seed out NOW!!!!

• Who is this Seed bloke? Does he have any experience in football management? I think his appointment is a great risk and the Board are taking the cheap option (as usual). No chance of promotion now. More gloom and doom ahead. Typical Charlton. We will we reap as we sow );
  • I see all the rose tinted brigade are out saying give Seed time, but the guy has just signed that keeper who let in 6 goals in his first reserve game against Luton and flaped around his box like a performing monkey. Even I can see that northern ginger waster has no future in the game.

If we want to get out of this league we will need to invest some serious money. Seed out NOW!!!!

Harsh, OK the new keeper is never going to have a statue put up to him but give him a chance, he was working down pit a few weeks ago.

• Sponsored links:

• Bastard!
    how do you know if his parents were married or not when he was born?
  • edited January 2012
    also are people forgetting seed has only has had a couple years of mangement for clapton orient. yeah, who?
    he only managed to just keep them in the league the last couple of years.
    the only good thing out of this move for seed is that we stoped the wendys from getting him. though in the long run we might of done them a favor.

• It think Seed's record at Clapton Orient isn't very good with them having to apply for reelection in 1933 ,apparently Herbert Chapman wanted to buy them as a nursery club for Arsenal and without that financial backing they have run out of money .

They haven't been the same club since they left Millfields Road near Clapton Pond for the Lea Bridge Stadium in 1930 apparently their gates are appalling now .

• They haven't been the same club since they left Millfields Road near Clapton Pond for the Lea Bridge Stadium in 1930 apparently their gates are appalling now .
    Always risky shifting grounds like that, it upsets the fans for starters - I'll never forget paying my three farthings at The Valley and getting that piece of paper telling me we were moving to Catford. Twenty minutes on the Omnibus, my a*se. At least the "Back to the chalkpit" campaign got everyone pulling in the same direction and the club saw the error of its ways.

We should concentrate on getting out of the Third south, all this talk about who to buy for next season is pointless, it's not like we're going to go up two years running, is it?
  • Big William: "it's not like we're going to go up two years running, is it?"

Brilliant.
  • No Plan B.
  • I see Acworth has been at it again - recommending a non-league player by the name of Bartram.
  • How tall is Jimmy Oakes anyway?
  • Big William: "it's not like we're going to go up two years running, is it?"

Such negativity. I'm counting on these Glikstein boys to spend hundreds on players and Charlton dominating English football for years to come.

Only another World War could stop this happening....and since we've already had the war to end all wars that's hardly likely is it.
  • I hear that German Chancellor is a strong right winger outside half.