Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jason Euell not returning

edited January 2012 in Rumours
Pretty much from the horses mouth Euell will not be returning from AFC to Charlton. Chris Powell has told Euell that he will not be getting in the first and he is better off staying at AFC until the end of the season.

Comments

• I hope if it IS true that he is still invited to the promotion party!
  • I think it's for the best for both partys . Always a ledgend !
  • Wouldn't surprise me, with the signings we were making last summer it was hard to see how Euell would fit in.

I'm sure Powell even said he hadn't originally planned to sign him. He's not really the type to make an impact from the bench and we have better players to start games.

Hopefully he recovers from his injury and gets a run of games for AFC. He's not had much regular football in the last few years.
  • He'll be back again but this time it will be as a coach, not a player.
  • He'll be back again but this time it will be as a coach, not a player.
    Only if he's a worthwhile asset though. Can't turn this into an old boys club and let sentiment rule.
  • I seem to recall that he has already passed most of his coaching badges and I'm sure he would be an asset.
  • I think euell is just the type of guy you want around the place, i've noticed a lot of the younger members of the squad refer to him as uncle, and in the preseason game at Bromley he was very vocal in helping out the other players. I think he will join the academy coaching staff, or maybe become an attacking coach
  • It's not just all about having the badges though. Can he come in and do a job that no-one else is doing, or if so, can he do it better?
  • One thing I remember about Mr. Euell is that he was a very intelligent footballer, much the same a SCP, and also a very approachable guy to boot. That is not something you can lose, and not something that everyone has.

I think we all know deep down that he is the type of guy that we want around the place. Much the same again as Leicester wanted to keep SCP around.

Let him (and I really hope he does) go out with a bang at the club that it started at for him and come back home to us for the party and start the next chapter of his and Charlton's story.
  • IF Euell does become more of a coaching/management type, I really can't see it bein under CP. That's not a sign of disrespect but I genuinely cannot see what he could bring to the party that Powell and his current team do not already have covered.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not the biggest surprise if this happens. I do like Jason Euell but the depth of are squad would leave him some where near the bottom of players.
    Hope he recovers from the injury he got against the Pikeys and plays some games for them.
    However i did have 10quid on Charlton 1-0 Carlisle in the Fa Cup, before he scored
  • Euell was signed as a definite option to throw up front when we didn't have Kermorgant, Clarke and Haynes. Now we've got enough strikers there's no real place for him on the pitch and it seems he'd rather play than not. Good move for all involved
  • Really hope he becomes a coach with us when he decides to call playing a day.
  • Good cant bear the thought of you
    Boo
    Boys gettin on a cafc ledge's back.
  • edited January 2012
    He'll be back again but this time it will be as a coach, not a player.
    Only if he's a worthwhile asset though. Can't turn this into an old boys club and let sentiment rule.
    It seemed to work ok last summer for JE

• Didn't think it was going to work out for him this time round.
  • I read that Jason was having a scan on his ankle. If the results are not good, he may be back sooner than we think ! Let's home he can get himself fit and bookend his playing career where he started.
  • He's the next AFC wimbledon manager
  • Good luck Euelly, hope you end up back behind the scenes one day. Agree there's not really a place for him anymore and he isn't really a forward or midfielder, more an Inbetween man.
  • I love Jason Euell.

Welcome him back any time in any capacity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pretty much from the horses mouth Euell will not be returning from AFC to Charlton. Chris Powell has told Euell that he will not be getting in the first and he is better off staying at AFC until the end of the season.
    How about now?
    He's back.
  • Better say goodbye to that horse...
  • Better say goodbye to that horse...
    Lol

That sounded just like my success at forecasting