Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burns Night and Australia Day

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
Belated happy Burns Night to all those that celebrate it i hope you had a good 1. Saw a few men in skirts on the way out last night

and Happy Australia Day to all the CAFC down under.

Comments

• Options
    Thank you Goonerhater. My daughter got dressed in her $2 Australia Day top and bizarrely our local park had a "Celtic Meet" with lots of men in kilts and bagpipes all over the place. That's multicultural Australia for you!

Then some friendly aborigines went and f***ed it up by harrassing the Prime Minister, although it was that goon Tony Abbott that got them wound up. No excuse however.
    I continue to be mystified by the aboriginal plight (as do the vast majority of Australians)
    as they have had a rough deal, but there seems no way out that they are able/prepared to take.
  • Options
    Thanks Gooner.....a good excuse for a day off for most if nothing else...
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    5 minute break in the federer v nadal Australian Open semi final for poxy fireworks ...... That helped their concentration
  • Options
    Anyone doing anything for Burns night? I'm drinking Fraoch Heather Ale whilst listening to Pink Floyd's "Several Species". Life don't get much better!
  • Options
    Might have to dip into the Talisker I reckon
  • Options
    I've got a bottle of Irn Bru in the fridge for special occasions.