Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Golf

Comments

• Options
    Boogica - I'm a member at The Addington and it is a brilliant place to play, I have to agree!
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Boogica - I'm a member at The Addington and it is a brilliant place to play, I have to agree!

great golf course play it on numerous occasions think noades owns it now or someting like that can always remember the old lady who used to own it .

• Options
    boogica I would add The Neville to that list really good course. By the way you mentioned my favourite Kent course The Wildernesse great course
  • Options

boogica I would add The Neville to that list really good course. By the way you mentioned my favourite Kent course The Wildernesse great course

lovely course probably best parkland course in kent got my arse kicked there in a club match ,hit the ball superb but the greens totally ruined me.

• Options
    Nobody said it was easy boogica and agree you need your A game around there
  • Options
    Best course for enjoyment Quinta north or south in Almancil. Championship course but very forgiving. Too expensive for most these days but if you play it just say your staying in Four Seasons for hefty discount, thry never check.
    Anyone done Myrtle Beach?
  • Options
    best kent course is Knole Park without a doubt
  • Options
    Not Myrtle Beach masicat but did have the privilage of playing Cyprus Point about 12 years ago and it was awesome but even playing off a 12 handicap at the time too bloody difficult for me. In the end I just concentrated on getting round without losing every ball in the bag which is why I am totally convinced that standard scratch which determines handicaps is crap.
  • Options
    Not played in Carolina but had a week at staying at the Marriott in Sawgrass(Jacksonville), played TPC Sawgrass(Stadium) twice, Marsh Landing, Dye Valley and Sawgrass Country Club which hosted the Players Tournament befoe it move over to TPC. The greens at TPC Sawgrass are just unbelievably quick and it is a magnifcient layout. Anyone else played there?
  • Options

best kent course is Knole Park without a doubt

very nice son but i dont think it is better than wildernesse and they are right next door to each other people argue over which is better but personally i like wildernesse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I played a course in Myrtle Beach and the name escapes me. Was a solid 18 at the time? Shot 112 and lost 11 golf balls. It was my Oscar Wilde round !
  • Options

I played Farleigh back in March and it was absolutely f***ing atrocious. Never playing there again - the greens were an utter disgrace. F***ing liberty to charge you full price when every one of them was cut & sanded AND hollow-tined. Hate it when courses do that.

totally agree the place is a shitehole.
    I can only speak as i find and the course was anything but a shithole yesterday. Thats the problem with winter golf,hate it when courses are playing off temp greens/mats etc and the clubs themselves have the front to charge full price,utter liberty. BUT, playing those courses in the summer that carry out all that maintenance during the winter ALMOST makes up for it.
  • Options

I played Farleigh back in March and it was absolutely f***ing atrocious. Never playing there again - the greens were an utter disgrace. F***ing liberty to charge you full price when every one of them was cut & sanded AND hollow-tined. Hate it when courses do that.

I can only speak as i find and the course was anything but a shithole yesterday. Thats the problem with winter golf,hate it when courses are playing off temp greens/mats etc and the clubs themselves have the front to charge full price,utter liberty. BUT, playing those courses in the summer that carry out all that maintenance during the winter ALMOST makes up for it.

red valley i posted some courses on here that if you havent already played them they are superb different types of golf ie parkland , heathland , links etc, sorry for being abrupt over farliegh court but the course just wasnt for me.
  • Options
    boogica said:

I played Farleigh back in March and it was absolutely f***ing
    atrocious. Never playing there again - the greens were an utter disgrace. F***ing liberty to charge you full price when every one of them was cut & sanded AND hollow-tined. Hate it when courses do that.

red valley i posted some courses on here that if you havent already played them they are superb different types of golf ie parkland , heathland , links etc, sorry for being abrupt over farliegh court but the course just wasnt for me.

• Options
    By the way I also rate Littlestone very highly a great links course in my opinion and well within a sensible budget
  • Options
    Just shot a 66 - Bognor Regis crazy golf course . My 9 year old son shot a 65
  • Options
    anyone played canterbury?
    got society day there beginning of next month.
  • Options
    I have played Canterbury PBS and although it was about 4-5 years ago do remember it being a nice track, tough and very hilly. If I recall correctly the last hole is a par 5. Nice part of the world down there so enjoy
  • Options
    I've played it a few times. As Dave says, its a bit hilly and some longish holes - but a nice heathland type course with some interesting par 3's.

I played Foxhills last Monday and only got 18 points playing off 19.............think rough & very tight. I then played Kings Hill on Friday and got 30 points playing off 20. Kings Hill has really grown up over the last 5 yrs or so & now looks really good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anybody been playing recently? I'm down to 16 with the computer year end cuts in January, so likely a 15. Annoyed though that a couple of people at my club only ever play in "non qualifying" comps and keep their handicaps ridiculously high... I want to be as low as possible, why wouldn't everyone else want to be?!
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Anybody been playing recently? I'm down to 16 with the computer year end cuts in January, so likely a 15. Annoyed though that a couple of people at my club only ever play in "non qualifying" comps and keep their handicaps ridiculously high... I want to be as low as possible, why wouldn't everyone else want to be?!

Complete agree with this but sadly I think we are in the minority. I'm not playing much at the moment due to work and other commitments. Just gone to 9.5 so in in double figures for the first time in years and I'm mightily pissed off. Never win anything as there's guys at my club who are hitting 43 or 44 points every week off their stupid handicaps. My pride comes from knowing how good I can be and staying in single figures is an achievement. I could let myself slide up to 15 and win everything on sight but what's the point in that? I don't play the single match play event now that the 3/4 difference in handicap allowance has been abolished. Bah humbug
  • Options
    Played on Friday in the pouring rain at Shoreham but only managed 10 holes my gear is still drying out by the way. Shoreham is a nice track, easy walk and gives the occasional golfer (which I am these days) a chance. That said it was all temporarys on Friday and by the end of our 10 holes they were getting water logged. Silly really but it was our annual Christmas get together so what the f**k you are a long time dead.

Enjoy your winter rounds guys sometimes it can be the most enjoyable golf you play
  • Options
    Unable to play these days(issues), as somebody who played low single figure golf for years. 2013 will hopefully see me on the course again( buggy and many shots) but what the hell I never could read a putt
  • Options
    supaclive said:

i took up the sport religiously this summer (i had never completed a round before this summer). my score went from a 110 to my best of an 84. only reason y i started golfing was due to a knee injury playing football. 1 year later and ive gained about 20 lbs but my golf game is ridiculous now! i just joined a private club in las vegas called south shore golf club and its simply amazing (first jack nicklaus private designed course).

sad to say that golf doesnt get that competitive edge and comradely feeling within a team atmosphere... and im looking to strap my football boots back on now
  • Options
    Played two rounds in Melbourne yesterday. Long Island in Frankston was lovely - a beautiful course, with some really challenging holes. But the absolute crown here is Kingston Heath - and I managed to get on via a mate of my brother. Seriously - the best golf course you will ever play, bar none. If you like golf and can get down here (and get on) - do it. I think it's rated as the best golf course in the Souther Hemisphere - and I couldn't possibly argue with that after yesterday. I've had a beam on my face all day.
  • Options
    Nice Leroy, Nice!

I played in the feckin freezin' cold at The Addington yesterday. First weekend the course has been open since the snow and my first round in 6 weeks. We have three temporary greens due to the rain, snow and frost.

Also been cut 2 shots under "rule 23" so yesterday was all about just hitting some balls. Off to La Manga at the end of the month for some slightly (!), warmer weather golf!
  • Options
    Haven't played for 10 weeks now. The longest lay off for me since having a plate put in my arm about 6 years ago.
    Had a few month-long lay offs before and only once come back hacking like a deranged butcher.
    Hope to get back out in the next fortnight.
  • Options
    Played shoreham on saturday and shot a 81 which is my best score to date. The score got to my head as I had a couple of bad holes and could of hit a below 80...

Maybe next time..
  • Options
    By Shoreham, do you mean Darenth Valley Golf Club, next door to Shoreham station in Kent ?