Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Golf

Comments

• Has anyone played my 2 favourite courses? Chartham Park near Lingfield and Belle Dune in France near Berck. My games not really good enough for either. I was a member at Chartham for 10 years before they ruined it by turning it into a bloody health club. Belle Dune is probably better than Hardelot.
  • playing Royal Blackheath tonight for the first time. 4 of my mates have just been accepted for membership. Not cheap.

nice course, stuffy clubhouse though

Course is nice, but fairly short from memory and not overly testing. Apparently they are making big changes in the next few years.

• playing Royal Blackheath tonight for the first time. 4 of my mates have just been accepted for membership. Not cheap.

Special discounts on offer at the moment isn't there? They're really trying to boost their members, don't think the discounts are cheap though, think it worked out I'd need to play about 3 times a week to get my money back.

Special discounts on offer at the moment isn't there? They're really trying to boost their members, don't think the discounts are cheap though, think it worked out I'd need to play about 3 times a week to get my money back.
    yeah there is an offer. something about paying it off over 3 years aswell. it was still far too expensive for my level of play.
  • masicat said:

Has anyone played my 2 favourite courses? Chartham Park near Lingfield and Belle Dune in France near Berck. My games not really good enough for either. I was a member at Chartham for 10 years before they ruined it by turning it into a bloody health club. Belle Dune is probably better than Hardelot.

Played chartham a fortnight ago in the rain. still enjoyed and always do enjoy playing there.
    only course in France I've played is st omer. was a couple of days after the euro tour had been there and the greens were so fast it was like putting on ice.

yeah there is an offer. something about paying it off over 3 years aswell. it was still far too expensive for my level of play.
    Think subs are free for a year, but even at £2500 for my entry fee I'd need to play once a week at £50 a pop to cover that. I sadly just don't get to play that much.

Are all your mates Charlton?

• masicat said:

Has anyone played my 2 favourite courses? Chartham Park near Lingfield and Belle Dune in France near Berck. My games not really good enough for either. I was a member at Chartham for 10 years before they ruined it by turning it into a bloody health club. Belle Dune is probably better than Hardelot.

Think I've played both Belle Dune and Hardelot...if they are where I think they are, went on a Golf tour to Le Touquet(sp) a few years back and played 4 courses all within about a 20 min drive, some great courses to play in that area.

Think subs are free for a year, but even at £2500 for my entry fee I'd need to play once a week at £50 a pop to cover that. I sadly just don't get to play that much.

Are all your mates Charlton?

na they arent but they do come to the away game beano we do once a year.

got all sorts within my lot, spurs and arsenal mainly.
  • masicat said:

I've played both of those Masicat. Love Chartham Park, great track. Likewise Belle Dune. Personal preference but I did love Hardelot, thought it was a stunning course.

If anyone gets a chance to play the Longcross at Foxhills, you won't be disappointed. Lovely track.
  • masicat said:

Belle Dune is a great course with excellent scenery. The clubhouse is very "old-French" in design and the pastel-coloured holiday homes around the lake make it a memorable venue.

• Sponsored links:

• delroofer said:

masicat said:

Belle Dune is a great course with excellent scenery. The clubhouse is very "old-French" in design and the pastel-coloured holiday homes around the lake make it a memorable venue.

yep, now you've said about the pastel coloured holiday homes I remember it well, thought they looked like something out of Disneyworld

• If anyone gets a chance to play the Longcross at Foxhills, you won't be disappointed. Lovely track.

Hoping to play Foxhills next Monday - not sure which course as its a Corporate invite - and then playing Nizels next Friday (another Corporate invite). Just hope its not too hot !!

• Golfaddick both courses there are good, I just thought The Longcross stood out with its Pine tree lined holes. The Bernard Hunt is a bit more open.

The food and facilities there are excellent, you'll love it on a Corporate do.
  • right then, so what is everybodys official handicap then??? ...

i shall embarass myself first with a (+23) 95. (best score ever was a 89, and the worst was a 102 a few weeks back.) ....
  • Best I carded was 72 at Hastings worst a 99 in whitstable
  • I now play off 19.........I don't have an official handicap as i am not amember of any club but 8 yrs ago I was a member at Barnehurst and got down as low as 18 !!

I think I have shot 82 or 84 somewhere (not including Barnehurst - I think I once hit a 78 there, but it is a short course) but generally I'm pleased if I can shoot under 95.............in the early days it wasn't unknown for me to hit 110+ and it was only about 10/12 yrs ago that I was regularly under 100 !! ( I remember finishing 10, 10 for the last 2 holes at Beckenham)
  • No official handicap as not a member of a club, but somewhere around 16 I think. Best I've ever shot was a 79 - and also have an 80 and an 82. More realistically, I'm around 88-90 on most courses on an average day.
  • dont play enough to have a handicapp. societys i usually go off a 22. good off the tee but cant chip or putt for shit.
  • Used to play quite a bit but only twice a year on boys weekends away these days. A firm 24 and would say average mid-90's on fairly decent courses. Was a member at Cherry Lodge and Addington Palace a few years back but other stuff kind of took over and had to give up the weekends.

Best ever was a 74 at Beckenham about twenty years ago, when I just used to go up and hit the ball rather than worrying about everything :)
  • best round of 84 round Chelsfield Lakes about 6 years ago, only really get out on corporate days now and generally play off 22
  • Sponsored links:

• 18 for many years, sneaked down to 16 many moons ago, but was playing 3 times a week. Spent all my time playing with 2 x 4 handicaps and a 5 handicap at Chartham Park. These days I could manage 18 at Chelsfield, but nearer 22 at Chartham. Lowest score ever 84 at Moor Park. One of those rounds when it bounced off a tree and onto the green. Posted 41 points and came second !! I drive like a 16, chip like an 18, but my fairway irons are like a 28. Have always found golf a difficult game and have no natural talent.
  • masicat said:

18 for many years, sneaked down to 16 many moons ago, but was playing 3 times a week. Spent all my time playing with 2 x 4 handicaps and a 5 handicap at Chartham Park. These days I could manage 18 at Chelsfield, but nearer 22 at Chartham. Lowest score ever 84 at Moor Park. One of those rounds when it bounced off a tree and onto the green. Posted 41 points and came second !! I drive like a 16, chip like an 18, but my fairway irons are like a 28. Have always found golf a difficult game and have no natural talent.

funny, because I drive like a 28 handicapper (can't get it further than about 180/190 yards off the tee) and usually playing my 3rd shot anywhere from 100 yards out - but my short game saves me and I often get up & down from around the green & I look to get a 5 on most par 4's.
  • have shot 3 rounds under 80, best being a 73 around ruxley about 15 years ago.
    only had an official handicap for 2 years. off 15.
    best ive shot since obtaining handicap is 76 around woodlands and worst is mid 90's (would be higher if i was stroke play rather than stableford).
  • very lucky to be treated to a round on the Edinburgh course at Wentworth last Thursday, considering I have only played once so far this year and consider myself a fairly high handicapper off of 24 - due to not playing regularly :( I wasn't too shabby and went round in just under a ton..kin' knackered afterwards though 6500 yds + +, stunning course though and want to play it again.
    Flip side went around local pay and play on Sunday -Bunsay Downs- and couldn't manage any better than another 100 :( - beat both my boys though...Dad's rule:)
  • I was a member at Pedham Place for 10 years til switching to Austin Lodge last year. Best round at Pedham was 77 and have had half a dozen sub 80 rounds but my best at Austin Lodge is 86. Bloody tough putting two good nines together!
    Still consider myself a 12 handicap as my card is usually wrecked by a few bad holes.
    Have played some great courses in my time.... The Belfry (Brabazon), Charthills, London Club, Forest of Arden to name but a few in the UK but there's someting special about playing abroad.
    Notables Ive played overseas are Emirates hills in Dubai, La Cala near Malaga, All the Vilamoura courses, Bintan Golf Resort (Nicklaus & Baker-Finch courses) in Indonesia, Corbalis near Dublin. La Foret in Le Touquet, France.

Absolutely love the game and could happily play everyday
  • masicat said:

My Society,Mithras, played Chartham Park last year - superb hope to return next year,,,,and play it a bit better!!
  • red_murph said:

masicat said:

I've played both of those Masicat. Love Chartham Park, great track. Likewise Belle Dune. Personal preference but I did love Hardelot, thought it was a stunning course.

If anyone gets a chance to play the Longcross at Foxhills, you won't be disappointed. Lovely track.
    We have our Captains weekend at Foxhills this year will check which course! cant wait
  • My handicap is 18 and my best round was 76 at Barnehurst and 81 at Chelsfield.Im playing Luton Hoo in a competion soon has anyone played there?
  • 22.6 at moment have been as low as 14 many moons ago....being a lefty my drives normally slice left, long irons 50/50 short game and putting save me every round!!
  • played the front 9 at blackheath tonight and shot +8. happy with that, par'd the first two and started to get excited lol