Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Golf

Comments

• Options
    77 at selsdon superb round. Haven't played it for 10 years but remember always having a mare on the second with the elevated green..
  • Options
    77 at selsdon superb round. Haven't played it for 10 years but remember always having a mare on the second with the elevated green..
    Birdied that :o) - first time ever (nailed my second with a 5i pin high). First of a run of 5 birdies in 6 holes. By far my best round ever (and only the second time I've been under 80).

Sunday it was like I was playing a totally different sport. I couldn't hit a fairway for love nor money, only made par on five holes, hit maybe two greens in reg and putted like a kid at crazy golf.
  • Options
    Played at Heythrop Park last Thursday and Friday, absolutely beautiful course but never walked so far in my life!
  • Options
    Used to be a member at Chartham Park in Lingfield. If you haven't played it give it a go. Assuming it'd as good as it used to be one of the best courses you will play. A little further afield, try Belle Dunne in Berck south of Le Touquet, fabulous course.

Would suggest Leisure Link golf to anyone looking for a golf trip. http://www.leisurelinkgolf.com/
  • Options
    last 2 outings have been a 76 at woodlands (1st time i've broke 80 there. had a bad start with 2 double bogeys in 1st 3 holes, but played from the 6th-home in 1 over).
    played langley park for the 1st time and shot an 85 which i was happy with. no par 5s but about half a dozen par 4s that are 430yds+ which had difficult 2nds to.
    shoreham tomorrow.
  • Options
    re masicats comment about chartham. lovely course.
  • Options
    played at Wrotham heath yesterday, first game in 10 years, fantastic weather, very enjoyable
  • Options
    Played at Heacham Manor on Sunday with a group of friends for a Grandparents tournament. Wind howling off the beach and course suffering a bit with the drought but otherwise a decent knock. Nice meal in the clubhouse in the evening with our group.
    May do 9 holes at the Manor of Groves later.
    If any lifers are in the Sawbridgeworth area at any time, give it a try for a testing round of golf.
  • Options
    Anyone here played Surrey National GC? If so, how hilly/tough is it going to be?

Fancied a change of scenery so booked in there for Friday.
  • Options
    Anyone here played Surrey National GC? If so, how hilly/tough is it going to be?

Fancied a change of scenery so booked in there for Friday.
    Heard it's awful. Don't let the name fool you. Be lucky.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    happy valley, not a big fan.
  • Options
    Yes,played Surrey National a few times RP,found it quite enjoyable but it is very hilly in places. Couple of nice holes,particularly the par 3 3rd over water. Overall its quite a challenge for mid to high handicappers and im pretty sure,whatever standard you play at you will have a good day :)
  • Options
    Okay, thanks. I'll leave some feedback here afterwards. For stupid reasons, I'm also tempted to try here sometime:
    http://www.ukgolfguide.com/thamesview-golf-centre

"Don't go in the bar as you might be sold some drugs as I was."
  • Options
    Played my first round since Sept last year on Friday. Play stableford, scored 36 which was pretty impressive as I blobbed the first five holes, and only had 9 pts after the first nine.

Turned out I'd forgot how to use my utility club and resorted to the trusty old school 3 iron and ripped it up with the best 9 holes of my life rocking in 27 pts!
  • Options
    Got to watch I mean work the open again this year 2 days in blackpool and the golf thrown in how hard is that for a job

From changing room , t, and green access , own buggy , tbh I think I am looking forward to it more than the Olympics

• Options
    Used to love golf, even have a trophy, but I started to lose heart when my Daughters first Husband regularly thrashed me. Then eventually I caddied for my Grandsons when they were around twelve years old. That was when I retired from Golf, and now have great ambitions playing Petanque.
  • Options
    Got to watch I mean work the open again this year 2 days in blackpool and the golf thrown in how hard is that for a job

From changing room , t, and green access , own buggy , tbh I think I am looking forward to it more than the Olympics

that sounds like my kind of job, just out of interest NLA what do you do? (if that's to personal a question then feel free to ignore)

• Options
    Work for the Coca Cola Events team, setting up all our sponsorship events, Fortunately it covers off a lot of sport, i.e the Golf, football and Olympics, last year it included the British Super Bikes,

It also covers most festivals bar Glastonbury,

It also covers lots of boring mundane internal events but they get out weighed by the good uns
  • Options
    definately !!!
  • Options
    The only thing I like about golf is the amount of bunnies I've that bashed on golf courses over the years. In the words of Mark Twain "Golf, a good walk spoiled" :-P
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Frustrating game, played it for 20 years. Shot 73 the other day, out in 39 back in 34, next round 82, out in millions back in 37. Can't see to play the front 9 well, on either course I play.

Such is life, beats being at home.
  • Options
    off to play old ford manor later and then hainault on saturday. happy days.
  • Options
    Playing Wildwood in Surrey tomorrow. Looking forward to it,have never played there. Anyone on here been round there?
  • Options
    Is that Wildwood, just outside Woking? I use to ride out to a boozer there on me Lammy. Never played golf there though...
  • Options
    AA - how much a round out there? Have considered it but when I was last in the Algarve they were advertising a local course at €80 a round.

Anyone know of a decent website that you can book a package deal through?
    Just caught up with this. I have a mate who can hire you all the gear you need at a cost cheaper than taking your bats on the plane, and can get good deals on a few courses. Send me a message if you are interested, and I will put you in touch.
  • Options
    What a lovely day for a round of golf... lets play two! Reigate Hills in an hour followed by Kingswood later this afternoon. Also playing tomorrow and Monday - with Sunday dedicated to the final day of the Masters sandwiched in between it. Golf Weekend FTW!
  • Options
    shot my best rounds ever on the weekend. shot a 89 (par 71) and a 90 (par 70). i usually shoot around 95.

with the british open championships approaching next weekend, who are your top 3 favorites???

mine have got to be 1) tiger woods 2) luke donald 3) zach johnson
  • Options
    where did you play ??

As for the Open - its often won by a outsider (by that I mean not a top 10 name ) - not sure Donald can play links golf & Woods will never be the same again.
  • Options
    Work for the Coca Cola Events team, setting up all our sponsorship events, Fortunately it covers off a lot of sport, i.e the Golf, football and Olympics, last year it included the British Super Bikes,

It also covers most festivals bar Glastonbury,

It also covers lots of boring mundane internal events but they get out weighed by the good uns
    what days you working there? We'll be there saturday and sunday - wearing my Charlton (non) waterproof kagool most probably!
  • Options
    Going up thursday and hopefully wont be called back down to london before the weekend

The boys have been setting up since last weds so hopefully i can just get in the buggy andcwatch the golf in peace