Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Golf

Comments

• Options
    Have looked into many memberships at different clubs but am always put off by playing the same course.My Brother and myself join the Greensaver Club each year,it costs £35 and 2 play for the price of 1.You get plenty of courses to choose from and you get a chance to play some courses that charge £50+ a round.
  • Options
    For those looking for membership, but with a variety of courses a friend of mine is a member at Woldingham and can use 4 others of the same group.
    http://www.altonwood-group.co.uk/
  • Options
    Yeah Dave - unfortunately, Woldingham is average, Westerham is in terrible condition, Surrey National has a fantastic-sounding name but there are better than a dozen courses within ten miles of it that offer a better challenge, and the less said about Godstone the better. The Addington is very nice - but if I was an Altonwood member I wouldn't bother with the others - which leads me back to my original point :)
  • Options
    woodlands (where i am a member) are doing an introductory off of £600 for a 7 day membership. the offer is open until the end of january.
    you can then pay a tenner to get a photo id for the golf network. this lets you play 26 other courses (some are a bit of a trek) free of charge during midweek.
    http://www.woodlandsmanorgolf.co.uk/2for600membership
  • Options
    should get a society going
  • Options
    round of 2 halves today.
    shot 46 going out, came back in 37 with an 8 (f**king tree) on the card.
    still 36 pts off 15.
  • Options
    Played 9 holes at Pedham Place today - 10 over. Pretty happy as ridiculously windy!
  • Options
    79 today - 41 out, 38 back. Getting better, but had six birdie putts inside 15 feet and missed them all. If only I could putt, I'd be dangerous. Shouldn't moan, after only taking up the game just over a year ago, but its still frustrating to know that if just half of those putts had dropped I'd have been looking at a 6 over par round.
  • Options
    We should get Jimenez to give special rates to play his course in France.
  • Options
    I hate g*lf. I shouldn't I know and I don't have anything against g*lfers, indeed I even have friends who are g*lfers ;-)
    I don't know why, it is a game of skill and viewed objectively I am being irrational, I guess I just think it is a good walk ruined.
    I even appreciate that g*lf courses probably have more bio-diversity than farm land.
    Sorry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Played Royal St Georges yesterday. Hit 97 which I was fairly happy with considering i had a massive one on Thursday night.
  • Options
    I hate g*lf. I shouldn't I know and I don't have anything against g*lfers, indeed I even have friends who are g*lfers ;-)
    I don't know why, it is a game of skill and viewed objectively I am being irrational, I guess I just think it is a good walk ruined.
    I even appreciate that g*lf courses probably have more bio-diversity than farm land.
    Sorry.
    No need to apologise. I used to think it was pony until a year ago too :o)
  • Options
    Played Royal St Georges yesterday. Hit 97 which I was fairly happy with considering i had a massive one on Thursday night.
    Wow - I'd love to play there. How much was it (if you don't mind me asking)?
  • Options
    Played Vale do Lobo in the Algarve last week. Great to play in shorts again.
    Playing St Mellion next week.
    Weather forecast suggests we won't be in shorts there.
  • Options
    Wow - I'd love to play there. How much was it (if you don't mind me asking)?
    I'm a member of Littlestone and we have reciprocal arrangements with RSG, Royal Cinque Ports, Royal Ashdown Forest and Rye. That basically means we get courtesy tee times when our course is closed, so I didn't have to pay. I think it's around £150 a round.

• Options
    Golfaddick, not sure how you put up with Barnehurst. The course is in a terrible condition most of the time. I prefer to play up at Pedham Place, similar price and much better value for money.

Doesn't that make it more of a challenge?

About time some of you tried some of the 32 golf courses within an hour of here then... (Delroofer excepted - sorry we missed you mate).

• Options
    Golfaddick, not sure how you put up with Barnehurst. The course is in a terrible condition most of the time. I prefer to play up at Pedham Place, similar price and much better value for money.

About time some of you tried some of the 32 golf courses within an hour of here then... (Delroofer excepted - sorry we missed you mate).

Algarve, me and 7 mates are coming to Vilamoura for 4 days on Friday. I've got them to agree to come to Albefueira one night - I want to go to Bar Reno (does it still exist?) as I met my wife in there on a previous golf trip!

• Options
    We are open Saturday night SC. But if you are going to Renos, I guess that won't matter to you. Yes it's still there.
  • Options
    Which bar do you own - I'll make sure it's the Saturday and we'll come and say hello!
  • Options
    Top banana, it's Floyd's Bar. I'll send you a message with details.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No problem AA. I will catch up with you next time we come out.

I must say we were impressed with the escalators down to the beach when we came to see you.

• Options
    AA - how much a round out there? Have considered it but when I was last in the Algarve they were advertising a local course at €80 a round.

Anyone know of a decent website that you can book a package deal through?
  • Options
    should get a society going
    This!
  • Options
    I play a bit, but not having a car is a problem. Most of the time I end up at Princes here in Dartford, managed to hit 31 (par 27) round there last week despite me being out of practice and the greens terrible.
  • Options
    RedPanda - whats it like at Princes - heard it's pretty poor !!
  • Options
    It's okay. It would be a really decent and cheap place for short game practice, but year round the greens are bumpy and often in need of a cut.

It has a nice few hills though, a couple of challenging holes and it's often empty so you can drop a few balls, make up your own par 4's, etc. For March, I think it's £6 for 18 holes if you play after 1pm.
  • Options
    AA - how much a round out there? Have considered it but when I was last in the Algarve they were advertising a local course at €80 a round.

Anyone know of a decent website that you can book a package deal through?
    James, I went on a golf trip to Albufeira about five years back and we played Gramacho, vale de pinta and Salgados. You can get a deal to play all three.
  • Options
    Salgados is very, very tough when the wind is blowing! It's basically a golf course on a lake. Never seen so much water in my life! I went round with a 4 iron off the tee the last time I played there and still lost a fair few balls!
  • Options
    Salgados is very, very tough when the wind is blowing! It's basically a golf course on a lake. Never seen so much water in my life! I went round with a 4 iron off the tee the last time I played there and still lost a fair few balls!
    That was pretty much my recollection of it but thankfully it wasn't windy. I remember they had the most amazing clubhouse.

• Options
    Two rounds this weekend. 77 on Saturday at Selsdon Park. 93 today at Kingswood. Stupid f***ing game.