Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Unread comments - message for Admin

edited January 2012 in Root
Even though I am signed in, some threads don't seem to be recognising that I have previously viewed them eg Rumours Romours is showing 5,000+ comments unread for me...and takes me back to the beginning when I open it.

Hope this gremlin can be sorted.

Comments

• Options
    every thread i open has gone back to the begining
  • Options
    Who is this Gremlin and how tall is he ? ;0)
  • Options
    and the left hand side seems different , i think the bit where you pick all discussions, general charlton etc is gone
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    f@**wit moment, was getting a bit blase about sweeping down my IPAD screen to read the latest comments as it keeps taking me back to the top when I knocked my entire steaming hot Nespesso Lunghio ales uber der platz! What a mess, hope normal service is resumed soon before someone gets injured in a similar coffee related incident
  • Options
    Who is this Gremlin and how tall is he ? ;0)
    I don't rate that Gremlin. We should go for Predator.
  • Options
    Got speaking ramdomly to a steward at half time, and he turned round and said, have to say, You lot are ''amazing'' Very passionate. Was really good from us charlton, Even at 4 - 0 down, Still in full voice, Be proud well done all:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSAjeULeiP4&list=UU7hd9g6hMJPABea6yG5bn8Q&index=4&feature=plcp
  • Options
    every thread i open has gone back to the begining
    Same with me on laptop and iPhone
  • Options
    It is happening to everyone, there was a thread about it last night
  • Options
    Lookout fiddled with the post formating last night. Now everything goes back to first post. Sorry about that, its only a temporary thing which he'll put right later.
  • Options
    Lookout fiddled with the post formating last night. Now everything goes back to first post. Sorry about that, its only a temporary thing which he'll put right later.
    I hope he's not claiming sunday overtime for it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Look out OUT!!! ;-)
  • Options
    Can you put the page numbers at the top as well as the bottom of page - saves time scrolling to the bottom for us?
    Ta
  • Options
    This happened prior to changing the format bar; unfortunately they're not related, but I'm looking into it.

It seems, for me at least, it's working as normal for old threads, but not working with threads posted last night.
  • Options
    Maybe it's a strain of the Millenium Bug, slightly delayed?
  • Options
    Can anyone report whether it's happening for all threads or just some...

For me, it's only some.
  • Options
    WSAWSA
    edited January 2012
    Some. Rumours thread started at the top and I had to go to page 115 for the last two items.
  • Options
    WSAWSA
    edited January 2012
    If palace get in the league cup final - worked fine (this is only one page though)
  • Options
    Post match views Fulham - again starts at the beginning. Seems like multiple pages causing problem?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Most but not all. Possibly it opens ok if there is only 1 page. But if there is more than 1 page it opens at the beginning of page 1.

I'm not 100% on this but it appears to be so.
  • Options
    This one always seems to open ok. The longer threads seem to be the ones where it's back to the beginning for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A thread with 54 comments opened correctly. A thread with 68 didn't. I think it seems to hit a threshhold between 54 and 68 somewhere and start to work incorrectly. Page issue as mentioned above maybe?
  • Options
    I'd open this thread and it went to the top of the page. All the others are doing the same.
  • Options
    I'd open this thread and it went to the top of the page. All the others are doing the same.
    Same as.

• Options
    WSAWSA
    edited January 2012
    Same as.

I use Firefox and opening this thread goes to the end. My problem is with threads that are longer than one page i.e. Rumours then it goes to the beginning. What browser are you two using?
  • Options
    It's only a problem on my Iphone, it's ok on my PC at work. Not checked my laptop at home yet.
  • Options
    I am on ie9 and keep going back to the start of threads, although am logged in, my iphone won't log in properly at all
  • Options
    Seems to be working again.
  • Options
    Working for me too. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I still have the problem on some threads but not others. Strange.
  • Options
    Fixed - thanks admin.