Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Proud to be a Charlton fan

edited January 2012 in Root
4-0 who cares, it is about supporting the team, and at the end of todays game i felt emotional, proud, proud at the way our fans stood and saluted our team. They lost but we told them we are there right behind them. It must've meant a lot to them lets keep it going and spur them on as much as we can

Comments

• Options

Exactly, Numbers.

Mutual respect between players & fans is a wonderful thing IMHO .

Long may it last

• Options
    Finally! A positive post.
  • Options
    Agreed. Well done Charlton.
  • Options
    4-0 who cares, it is about supporting the team, and at the end of todays game i felt emotional, proud, proud at the way our fans stood and saluted our team. They lost but we told them we are there right behind them. It must've meant a lo to them lets keep it going and spur them on as much as we can
    This.

Great day out.
  • Options
    Pukka post.

They know we care and we know they care
  • Options
    Well done to all that went, wish i could have been there as well...

I feel today wasn't in the least about little Fulham, or even the FA Cup - i think as a group of fans it was a positive reaction to how we have suffered in the last few seasons and have yet come through it stronger & with hope for the future.....and also by the the sounds of it a good old piss up :-)
  • Options
    One of the things that impressed me was that when the final whistle went hardly anybody moved in our end - in fact nobody at all came up the gangway we were stood right next to. It seemed as though everyone stayed to clap the boys off the pitch. Well done us.
  • Options
    Times like today it really felt like I'd got my Charlton back. Feel an affinity with this bunch not felt in some years now.
  • Options
    All the best everyone. X
  • Options
    All the best everyone. X
    Have we had a lickle drinky-poos?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2012
    All the best everyone. X
    Have we had a lickle drinky-poos?

I would say she's completely trousered !
  • Options
    Best edit that post Beds before SHE sees it!
    ;o)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Best edit that post Beds before SHE sees it!
    ;o)

Done. I keep forgetting !
  • Options
    Well said! I left the ground with a smile on my face, after one of the most enjoyable games of recent times for me.
  • Options
    Yes. Well done to everyone who went.. Now let's carry it on up at Hillsboro
  • Options
    I agree - I felt proud of the performance for 25 minutes of the second half we were all over them - the second goal was against the run of play and we lost the game at that point
  • Options
    A thoroughly enjoyable day and I felt so proud that the fans stayed to show their appreciation for a feisty team performance. It was great to see the singing and chanting rattle the fulham team at the start of the second half and it really lifted our lads! COYR
  • Options
    me too, looking forward to sheffield games. Do we know how many are going to wendies
  • Options
    Notice how this thread has only a small percentage of posts compared to the shame on you one.

People need to remove the broom from their arses.
  • Options
    Looking forward to next week. The team put in the same kind of effort and we'll do them 2/3-0. COYR!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame on us ;-) I quite liked the out the cup ditty yesterday, luckily I was able to convince my 6 year old it was "were out the cup, were in the pub, were Charlton Athletic and were going up" That does'nt break any CL rules either.....oh hang on, underage drinking......
  • Options
    Great support yesterday, why so little responses on here. Shame everyone would rather talk about the 1% of idiots or people standing.
  • Options
    Great game. great day. way too much drink. i finally got home around 10
  • Options
    Great support yesterday, why so little responses on here. Shame everyone would rather talk about the 1% of idiots or people standing.
    Was laughing at you and Choice on the tube home yesterday singing to the bloke with glasses 'That birds too good for you'
  • Options
    Great day, hopefully have now convinced about 6/7 people to come more away games as a result.
  • Options
    Was laughing at you and Choice on the tube home yesterday singing to the bloke with glasses 'That birds too good for you'
    lol was we? we were battered yesterday didnt get home till midnight, feeling it today tho :)
  • Options
    Shame on us ;-) I quite liked the out the cup ditty yesterday, luckily I was able to convince my 6 year old it was "were out the cup, were in the pub, were Charlton Athletic and were going up" That does'nt break any CL rules either.....oh hang on, underage drinking......
    Like that SE7!

• Options
    One of the things that impressed me was that when the final whistle went hardly anybody moved in our end - in fact nobody at all came up the gangway we were stood right next to. It seemed as though everyone stayed to clap the boys off the pitch. Well done us.
    I said the same thing to my ol' man at the whistle. It was a lovely sight to see. Shame it doesn't happen at home games!
  • Options
    Like that SE7!

agreed good effort se7 sg3
  • Options
    Also agreed with all on here great support from the away end yesterday.