Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Danny Haynes (ed. signed on 18 month contract)

WSSWSS
edited January 2012 in Rumours

Comments

• wouldnt mind him as a winger or bit of pace off the bench. not a golascorer thats for sure.
  • Didnt we let him go and keep Lloyd Sam instead?

He was a star at Ipswich.....wonder what went wrong? Could be an interesting one, could SCP be the one to reignite his career and get the best out of him? 

• Four or five years ago, he was a definite signing on Football Manager!

Would it be the end for Paul Hayes if he joined? He won't like falling down the pecking order even more.

• Not for me, could do better.
  • yes please, good player, plenty of pace. BWP,Kermy,Haynes,Clarke will do me fine. Looks like Hayes is out of the door though which is a shame as he had some good attributes.
  • Four or five years ago, he was a definite signing on Football Manager!

Would it be the end for Paul Hayes if he joined? He won't like falling down the pecking order even more.

Dagnall from Scunthorpe might mean they are looking for a new striker and Hayes has been linked with a return.  I can imagine Jason may move for a starting place and Smith will go on loan.

Surprised Haynes will sign without a "friendly" under his belt.

• Some Millwall are pissed off we didn't sign him. Don't think he's progressed since his original loan with us and not exactly scored bundles since. Has the pace to worry defences though which can cause problems.
  • it would amaze me if this would mean Hayes goes.

I just dont understand how he has fallen out of favour so quickly. He was an important part of the side that got us to the top of the table.

If Kerm got injured within the next monh for an extensive period then id rather Hayes step in over Clarke or Haynes.

• agree with above

i think hayes and hughes can feel hard done by but in SCP we trust
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2012

Haynes is more a cover for BWP imo. Haynes has pace that can worry defenders and would play well off Kermy or Clarke who I see as a Kermy replacement. Could see a BWP/Haynes combo working if we keep the ball on the deck but not a Kermy/Clarke combo as there is no pace. If Hayes goes we'd effectively have two big and two small men.

• There's barely an nth bit of difference between Haynes and Hayes.
  • Didn't someone on here say they'd been told SCP was a little underwhelmed by Hayes after he arrived. Think it was one of these 'I have inside info but can't say who from' posts, so they got shouted down at the time - but maybe they were onto something (wasn't me by the way, but I can't find the original thread).
  • I have heard from a friend who knows people high up at West Ham that if they fail in there attempt for Jordan Rhodes then BWP in next on there hit list. Im not so sure if they would go for BWP because of his dodgy knees. I think its more likey that if there is any truth in this rumour that it will be Hayes off as apparntly he was quite pissed off (rightly so IMO) to be completely left out the squad on monday. We have also been linked with Jamie Vardy at Fleetwood but I know nothing about this guy.
  • Haynes has been a disruptive influence at Barnsley according to our friends on Owls Talk.
  • Haynes has been a disruptive influence at Barnsley according to our friends on Owls Talk.
    since when do we believe crap on messageboards as being gospel?
    since when do we believe crap on messageboards as being gospel?
    Only on this one.
  • Apparently west ham had a bid of 900k rejected for Vardy and we enquired about him bur run a mile when we were told it would cost more than a bag of peanuts.
  • I'm not sure why Hayes stated he was pissed off on Monday, but I would like to think it wasn't because he was not on the bench as it would be very unprofessional on a public forum and would not endear him to his employers. It's the sort of thing that can force a player into the cold.

He did start ok for us, but he is, frankly, not as influential as Kermongant and will not score as many goals as BWP so it's understandable that he is not in the first team. I also think that he has struggled to make much of an impact when coming on from the bench late in games. With this in mind, as a striker is often brought on when we need a goal, it should have come as no surprise that Clarke took his place on the bench when you consider how many goals he has scored this season.

From all the things that CP has been saying it is clear that he wants players that are committed to the club and it's ambitions, not selfish players that are only interested in what they are doing. Even though I have sympathy for a player that is not playing, if he really was referring to not playing with his tweet I think he could be on his way out if we can secure the signature of an alternative.
  • Sponsored links:

• Apparently west ham had a bid of 900k rejected for Vardy and we enquired about him bur run a mile when we were told it would cost more than a bag of peanuts.
    900k for a non league player is bonkers.
  • edited January 2012
    I have heard from a friend who knows people high up at West Ham that if they fail in there attempt for Jordan Rhodes then BWP in next on there hit list. Im not so sure if they would go for BWP because of his dodgy knees. I think its more likey that if there is any truth in this rumour that it will be Hayes off as apparntly he was quite pissed off (rightly so IMO) to be completely left out the squad on monday. We have also been linked with Jamie Vardy at Fleetwood but I know nothing about this guy.

If West Ham think BWP is a Premiership player (which is where they see themselves) they are bonkers, he will struggle to score the amount he has this season in the Championship.

Jamie Vardy was a regular top scorer for FC Halifax, he is now continuing that form in the Conference with Fleetwood. 

• the Conference is a world away from League One yet alone the Championship. Either way 900k for a player who has not played above Conference level is ridiculous.
  • Can't see anyone wanting to shell out a significant sum on BWP, what with his dodgy knees?
  • Haynes same age as Danny Green.....did they play together before we let them go?
  • Vardy is one hell of a player trust me.
  • Vardy is one hell of a player trust me.
    Yes, I have family and friends who support FC Halifax and they were very sorry to see him leave. Dont get me wrong it is a big step up to league football but he has continued where he left off by scoring on a regular basis in the Conference
  • McLeod scored regularly in League 2. Says it all really.
  • edited January 2012
    Wiki saying that on 02/01/12 Barnsley manager Keith Hill said that Danny Haynes was not in his plans and was available for transfer. Sounds like a falling out to me given he only arrived there last January I think. Perhaps given his early promise CP feels that there is some value to be had if he is on the cheap. Wiki also says that his scoring at Barnsley was 6 / 20 which is pretty good.
  • 6 / 20 is poor.   That equates to 12 tops for a season - not what we want a striker to be delivering in the Championship - we need both our strikers getting a minimum of 15 goals each in a season