Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Martin O'Neil

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
Brilliant manager.

I don't hardly look at the Premiership table and some time ago I saw Sunderland were 1 point above the relegation zone and now they are 10th.

Hope Sunderland do well this season, got some respect for them since the playoffs.

Comments

• Options
    Not bad from a man who very rarely takes coaching sessions with his teams.

Clough No2
  • Options
    See he is now favourite for everton job,
    Brilliant choice for Everton IMO if they go for him
  • Options
    edited November 2017
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Edit... Just realised Ive got my O'Neils mixed up
  • Options

Hmm smacks of desperation from Everton... think O'Neil is a good Manager when it comes to Internationals yet like Coleman hasnt done much at club level

Try telling leicester and celtic fans that lol, may have been a while ago but think o'neil has the ability
  • Options

Hmm smacks of desperation from Everton... think O'Neil is a good Manager when it comes to Internationals yet like Coleman hasnt done much at club level

Try telling leicester and celtic fans that lol, may have been a while ago but think o'neil has the ability
    Just realised it was Martin and not Michael being discussed lol!
  • Options

His record at Leicester wasn't bad.
  • Options

Ask Villa fans what they think. He spent loads and loads of money on transfers and more importantly wages (cough Marlon Harewood and Nigel Reo-Coker cough) and while he had some success he ultimately won nothing and did nothing beyond getting them into the UEFA cup. A contributing factor to all the financial problems they had in recent years.

I don't think he's a good manager. I don't understand the move by Everton beyond desperation (should have waited for Bielsa). It's very basic sit deep hit long diagonals and get the crosses in. None of that suits Everton.
  • Options

Except two promotions with Wycombe, one with Leicester, win two trophies with Leicester, several with Celtic (when Rangers were competitive), be very unlucky not to win the UEFA Cup, do well at Villa....
  • Options
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_O'Neill

Looks like a pretty good record to me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think @ForeverAddickted will make sure he never gets Martin and Michael O'Neil confused again after this
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Ask Villa fans what they think. He spent loads and loads of money on transfers and more importantly wages (cough Marlon Harewood and Nigel Reo-Coker cough) and while he had some success he ultimately won nothing and did nothing beyond getting them into the UEFA cup. A contributing factor to all the financial problems they had in recent years.

I don't think he's a good manager. I don't understand the move by Everton beyond desperation (should have waited for Bielsa). It's very basic sit deep hit long diagonals and get the crosses in. None of that suits Everton.
    He did relatively well at Villa (now I know who were talking about) - Almost broke into the Champions League a good few times with them... Him leaving was what started their decline and he probably knew that was going to happen which is why he jumped ship.

He flopped at Sunderland yet everyone has flopped there of late and is a true reputation killer
  • Options

Think @ForeverAddickted will make sure he never gets Martin and Michael O'Neil confused again after this

I blame the thread title seeing that it should be Martin O'Neill (two "L's") the fact its Michael O'Neill too (rather than O'Neil) is something Im just going to ignore to try and get out this huge hole Im currently digging
  • Options

Just realised it was Martin and not Michael being discussed lol!
    Taking Shamrock to the Europa League group stage is good to be fair
  • Options
    I got a tip-off last week on O’Neil getting the Everton job, got decent odds. If this comes off, the drinks are on me!
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I got a tip-off last week on O’Neil getting the Everton job, got decent odds. If this comes off, the drinks are on me!

What odds get
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

ForeverAddickted did too but he lumped on Michael O'Neill.
    He has now gotta try and explain that to his missus(good luck with that mate haha)
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

What odds get
    A tenner at 16/1. Not amazing but he’s at 2/1 now so it’s something. I also put a fiver on Michael in case my friend had misheard.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

JiMMy 85 said:

ForeverAddickted did too but he lumped on Michael O'Neill.
    He has now gotta try and explain that to his missus(good luck with that mate haha)
    The minute he has to start explaining a bet to his missus, is the minute he should file for divorce. :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DriftEd to 25-1 now....
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Who was your source? 8 pint John in the pub? Put a tenner on young Sam Allardyce getting the job, 100% record in international football. Relegation Pardew going to West Brom, 'so Alan, we'll forgive the sackings at West Ham,Charlton,Southampton, Newcastle and Palace, and dancing like a wanker, you've got the job, take us to the cleaners'
  • Options
    ads said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Who was your source? 8 pint John in the pub? Put a tenner on young Sam Allardyce getting the job, 100% record in international football. Relegation Pardew going to West Brom, 'so Alan, we'll forgive the sackings at West Ham,Charlton,Southampton, Newcastle and Palace, and dancing like a wanker, you've got the job, take us to the cleaners'
    Wasn't sacked at Newcastle. Some would say he jumped before he was pushed, mind....