Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hamer On Twitter During Match

edited December 2011 in General Charlton
Just got back home and seen it, Seems a bit unprofessional.

Comments

• trying to do the hundred metres dash six minutes into the game was more unprofessional.

He screwed up, it happens. Move on.
  • Saw him on his phone within 5 minutes of being sent off.
    Looked gutted
  • So what it don't matter he fukd up we lost move on
  • The one tweet I saw has been deleted. Not surprised. He could've been in trouble if it was widely seen.
  • still there:

BenHamer21 Ben Hamer 
    Refs ad a panic up for me.. Feel bad for the lads doin 90 with the 10 men! Hope they pull through! #backtheboys #cafc
  • It don't matter NLA, just saying.
  • Yes he coc_ed up and made a mistake.

On the positive, you could tell it means something to him and that's something we haven't seen for a few seasons.

I couldn't give a sod if he was on his phone within 20 minutes of being sent off.
  • still there:

BenHamer21 Ben Hamer 
    Refs ad a panic up for me.. Feel bad for the lads doin 90 with the 10 men! Hope they pull through! #backtheboys #cafc
    That isnt it. I'm not going to drop him in it, but trust me, he will be in trouble if it has been seen.
  • Yes he coc_ed up and made a mistake.

On the positive, you could tell it means something to him and that's something we haven't seen for a few seasons.

I couldn't give a sod if he was on his phone within 20 minutes of being sent off.
    Spot on . At least he does give a tosh,
    But to be fair i think the ref got it right.
  • I wish he would've been on it during the game , he wouldst have run out like a loonie when his defender was there ,

He seems a bit like a footballer in goal than a keeper to me, not that he is a bad keeper far from it , I think a more non football keeper would've held back a bit there
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2011
  • One of those rush of blood moments- I think Powell is right that it wasn't a clear goal scoring chance so shouldn't have been a red.
  • These things happen, he made a mistake, still doesnt change anything for me! A very good keeper!This is obvious to me because of how lost Morrison and Taylor looked straight after when Sullivan wasnt commanding his area like Hamer does!OK Sullivan may not have that in his locker but thats what makes Hamer such a good goalie for me, he is an extra defender at any set piece against us!
  • Its about time football clubs put a ban in Twitter. The bloke gets himself sent off and 15 minutes later he's seen live on Sky sitting in the dugoit with his fancy headphones round his neck posting on Twitter. It's unprofessional .
  • Unprofessional. Not a red with the benefit of replays but poor decision making too dash out like he did and poor to be straight on twitter making remarks about the referee. Needless.
  • Why are People making a big deal out of this. Who does it harm that he is on twitter? No one. His up in the stands sitting along side other fans? There is just nothing wrong with this at all.
  • Did he post about how he was enjoying a nice bottle of red?
  • Was red summit but not vino!

• Is he at the Oxo Tower now ?
  • Who gives a shiny shite if his on his phone or not. The red card doesn't ban him from accessing his phone. He prob had texts straight away from family/friends.

Couldn't care less that he was on his blower within 20 minutes of being sent off
  • Sponsored links:

• No it doesn't matter, personally I was just remarking that I saw on the tv that he was on his phone. But everyone's allowed to make a remark on this- that's the point of this forum, it would be empty otherwise.
  • It doesnt matter being on his phone, i dont care if he is sat in the stand calling a sex line. It does matter tweeting about a refereeing decision as it could easily lead to a fine and or ban. If you cant make that distinction then more fool you.
  • Agreed.
    So many knee jerks it's like a morning reflex surgery at the docs
  • Er excuse me it WAS NOT a sending off. Ball to chest and even if he did handball it, it should have been Yellow at tops. Ref was a complete COCK !!

• very hard to call for me.it's rare after a few mins in refs go rash but he did, have to take it on the chin.

Their goal was onside and they could have had 3 or 4. Just gotta write it off and move on
  • He got sent off, what do you want him to do sulk? 
  • He got sent off, what do you want him to do sulk? 
    Support his team and not spend time tweeting about the ref with headphones round his neck.
  • Have to admit on the way home I saw he tweeted and thought there was a better time and place to do it rather than during the game as he did cost us tonight
  • Do headphones around the neck impair your vision and hearing?
  • He was clearly upset, that is all I am interested in - it is easy as a keeper for a split second wrong decision to have disasterous consequences and I am sure he had no intent to handle. Not my thing but up to him if he wants to twitter about it to get the frustration of his chest.