Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Rhodes

Comments

• Options
    But £4 is a lot of money for a player that hasn't even done it in the Championship.

In fact £4 is a lot of money for a player that won't be able to cope in anything less than the Premier League, and there is no guarantee that he will be good enough based on a good run in the third division.
  • Options
    But £4 is a lot of money for a player that hasn't even done it in the Championship. In fact £4 is a lot of money for a player that won't be able to cope in anything less than the Premier League, and there is no guarantee that he will be good enough based on a good run in the third division.
    they'll want at least a fiver.  Things aren't as cheap up north as they used to be.
  • Options
    But £4 is a lot of money for a player that hasn't even done it in the Championship. In fact £4 is a lot of money for a player that won't be able to cope in anything less than the Premier League, and there is no guarantee that he will be good enough based on a good run in the third division.
    they'll want at least a fiver.  Things aren't as cheap up north as they used to be.
    Really... ? He aint going for no less than a fenners tenner...
  • Options
    Down at the Mac message board are almost as deluded as Owlstalk. Seems that some on there think Rhodes will attract an offer of nine or ten million and five million would be turned down. My guess is that he will stay this window but be gone in the summer and money used for team building for another crack at getting out of league one because I can't see them getting out this time.
  • Options
    Doesnt this remind you of the CAFC / Luke Varney debacle of a few years back?
  • Options
    ;Jordan Rhodes is sign to for West ham, Brilliant news :D

I've ALWAYS loved the Hammers .
  • Options
    Down at the Mac message board are almost as deluded as Owlstalk. Seems that some on there think Rhodes will attract an offer of nine or ten million and five million would be turned down. My guess is that he will stay this window but be gone in the summer and money used for team building for another crack at getting out of league one because I can't see them getting out this time.
    Good call --let him go and bang goes the Morale after all whats been said about going no-where and he is happy..........also no promotion reduces Lee Clarke stock value.
  • Options
    Huddersfield won't get promoted and Rhodes' fee will plummet in the summer. I would think he'll be sold in January. Le Fondre went for 1million and a halfish, is Rhodes worth three times that amount ?
  • Options
    Absolute, utter, unadulterated bollocks. Why in God's name would he go there? If he leaves the udders, it will be for a premiership club (a possibility in the transfer window, though he's given no indication he wants to leave - I would say a dead cert if they don't go up at the end of the season). Your friend must be either a) on a wind-up, b) a prat, or c) both
    West Ham News @WHUFC

Our enquiry for Jordan Rhodes has been responded to by Huddersfield saying they want £4m

West Ham News @WHUFC

West Ham's bid for Rhodes has apparently accepted. Him and his agent will discuss terms next week.

So, which of a, b or c are you?

Oh - my mistake. I didn't realise it had appeared on an unofficial Twitter account as well as being posted by some bloke who has no official connection to the club on Facebook. And, now that it's in the Sun, it must be true. I stand corrected.
    </blockquot

Well done Leroy. Takes a man to admit his mistake.
  • Options

I think this would be a good move for him. West Ham are a big club and he'll be in the Premiership in the summer, West Ham are going up. Rather than throwing himself into the Premiership, he gets five months in the Championship first. Good move imo.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

SkySportsNews
     Sky Sports News 
    Huddersfield turn down bid from West Ham for striker Jordan Rhodes #SSN
  • Options
    Madness to sell him without a guarenteed goalscorer coming the other way. Can't see it happening.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The problem with getting 4 million is that bringing in higher quality players will require a much higher wage bill. If they don't want to store up problems for themselves they will not improve by selling him now. Huddersfield already have decent League one players so they are best hanging on and possibly selling if they don't go up allowing them good time to rebuild with the cash in the Summer.
  • Options

SkySportsNews
     Sky Sports News 

Huddersfield turn down bid from West Ham for striker Jordan Rhodes #SSN
    Spurs will now come in.............
  • Options
    Sam Allardyce admits West Ham have enquired about Jordan Rhodes, but has been left in no doubt that the Huddersfield striker is not for sale.
  • Options
    I reckon if Hudds don't go up again Clark is out of a job so he'll do everything he can to hang on to Rhodes. Plus they're not exactly poor so they'll likely hang on to him until the summer
  • Options
    Just saw Sam Allardyce talking about it, regarding Huddersfield getting out he division:

"lots of good teams in the division, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, MK Dons all doing really well. They need their main goalscorer"
  • Options
    Hopefully we will get promoted and Hudds wont so we'll buy him in the summer
  • Options
    Just saw Sam Allardyce talking about it, regarding Huddersfield getting out he division:

"lots of good teams in the division, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, MK Dons all doing really well. They need their main goalscorer"

That's taken the pressure off us then.

Thanks, Sam...I think.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hudds just lost Alex Bruce too as he's been recalled to Leeds.
  • Options
    Ha ha you have to laugh that were continually overlooked, but unsure if it's a good or bad thing- good I guess...
  • Options
    He probably just means that he sees all the competition being for 2nd place...?
  • Options
    We don't exist as a club since curbs left , don't worry about it , let us sneak into 1st place and the charlton who brigade think that there must be a mistake
  • Options
    It's got a similar vibe to the music biz. You have the 'cool' bands that people like to name-drop, and then the bands that make people shuffle on their feet and fidget awkwardly- they're the ones to look out for ;0)
    People will never concede that something's better!
  • Options
    Catching up with friends last night, two of them are well-connected Celtic fans. They started asking me about Jordan Rhodes, because they believe Celtic are going to bid for him. 
  • Options
    Catching up with friends last night, two of them are well-connected Celtic fans. They started asking me about Jordan Rhodes, because they believe Celtic are going to bid for him. 

Will need ten million if you read Owlstalk !
  • Options
    Hudds just lost Alex Bruce too as he's been recalled to Leeds.
    Not sure that's a good thing, he's pony.
  • Options
    I think Bruce only played a handful (if that) of games for them. He is as big a shambles as his dads nose.
  • Options

Seen on DATM that Hudds fans would be a bit wary of Lee Clark's abilty to spend the £4 mil if it happened.

Quote  '' Giving Lee Clark £4 Million would be like asking Peter Sutcliffe to make sure your Daughter gets home safely ''