Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who is going to be on CP's shopping list this January?

edited December 2011 in General Charlton
My view is that we need cover at right back, possibly at centre back, and assuming Russel returns, we are going to need some cover in mid-field. I also feel we need another striker especially if Benson goes.

What do other people think and who might come in?

Comments

• A striker on a perm deal. 

Maybe one or two kids for the "development squad".

One or two others if the right players are about for the right price (like BWP last Jan).

That's about it.

(no inside info, purely my guesswork!).

• At least another 11 signings ;-0
  • At least another 11 signings ;-0
    We must keep up the standard of transfer window signings excitement.
  • edited December 2011
    With the loan window open until March (I think) I don't think we'll see many players come in.

Even if Ephraim and Russell leave, there's not much room if Jackson and Stephens are fit.

A striker would be nice but I wouldn't expect anyone proven. BWP and Kermorgant are first choice and Hayes is useful on the bench in case Kermorgant gets injured.

It's just hard to see Powell bringing in better backup to replace Benson, Doherty and cover for Solly or Jackson when they'd struggle to make the bench. We already have a big squad, especially in a league with 5 subs.

I expect a loan signing or two if anyone is set to be out injured for a while, something we have done under both Powell and Parky while at this level. I'm not expecting any first team players to leave but if say Wagstaff or Stephens did, as some people have suggested, I'm sure we'd also replace them.
  • As long as we sign quality i don't really care who we sign , Wordsworth from Colchester maybe , and maybe a 'beast' of a striker.
  • I agree with Scoham.

We are not going to get a top notch goalscoring striker to come and just sit on the bench - I think we should stop pussyfooting with Benno and make him BWP's back-up. He has a good record alongside Green and knows where the net is. Just don't try to make him something he's not.

Ephraim and Russell have been able cover for JJ and Stevo but no loss if the latter return. Otherwise maybe we could extend their loan?

Maybe loan cover at right back, but the rest of defence we have squad members to utilise
  • We need another Right Back to cover for Solly.

And maybe another Striker (Schlupp).
  • edited December 2011
    I am trying to get into the mindset of not just CP but the board. 

We have had a brilliant season so far - no doubt whatsoever. However our nearest rivals will undoubtedly be looking to strengthen. Wendies will bring more in, I suspect that the Blades will do likewise and possibly Huddersfield as well. If that is likely then I think we will have to strengthen.

The obvious place where another option is needed is in the striking dept. Maybe we will look at a Championship or even a Prem loanee for that place but if the past is anything to go by, they will expect them to get a regular game. So given that, I wonder if we might look at a permanent signing?

We do have cover in midfield especially if Stephens returns. 

I do wonder if we need another CB. Morrison and Taylor have done brilliantly but an injury to one of them is going to stretch us, even with Cort as an able lieutenant. I also think another RB is needed.
  • Vetere has departed, so the Jan deals have already been sorted.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think a striker is a must and Schlupp fits the bill. Scored goals for Brentford at this level and is young enough to expect to come off the bench. Maybe BWP's recent form is to do with his knee. Is this the longest run he's had without injury? Fatigue could be kicking in. Maybe he would benefit from playing 60 mins for a few weeks??
  • A belgian and a morocan
  • edited December 2011
    Anyone remember the 'loan player' deal between us and Liverpool when they brought Shelvey???
    Well i introduce to you...Raheem Sterling
  • Impact striker.
  • edited December 2011
    Raheem Sterling is going to be some player

Or playa if twitter is anything to go by...(at the princely age of 17 he's just found out hes got two girls pregnant in the space of a week)

• He's quick and decisive in front of goal, no question.

But he never once looked up for a team mate in any part of that video clip, did he?
  • He can definitely score...
  • Marshall from Barnet

Schlupp from Leicester

A centre/Right back

This would be ideal

• I think the board can start thinking about next season and shoring up this season and as such I would not be surprised to see loans coming in with options to buy at the end of the season.  that will allay any fears players may have that we fade away and they are stuck in the third division next season.
  • That Raheem Sterling certainly knows where the goal is. Nice music in the clip as well. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Davisson will get released.
    Hopefully more reserve team fixtures will get arranged.
    Azeez will turn pro.
    Ephraim will sign until the end of the season. If we go up he will come permanently I reckon.
    Not sure on a RB.
    I would welcome Coutts to the club with open rams from PNE.
    Wouldn't be too phased if Russel signed.
    Benno, Doc, Francis all off the wage bill.
    I still reckon Sclupp will come in on loan till the end of the season.
  • He's quick and decisive in front of goal, no question.

But he never once looked up for a team mate in any part of that video clip, did he?

.................and probably not tall enough anyway!
  • Right back cover is the obvious priority - would need to be a player who can defend but is also comfortable going forwards to fit in with our style of play. With Stevens and JJ soon to be back and Pritchard looking so promising I'd hold off on midfield although wouldn't be surprised if Russell is extended or bought. Would like to see Ephraim extended as recent injuries have shown he is definitely needed and the fact he can play on the left and right side is very useful. Not to bothered about a striker - very happy with what we have and SCP won't want to mess around with the squad too much.
  • in my opinion a striker is a must. Expect Barnard or Tubbs on a permanent deal.
  • in my opinion a striker is a must. Expect Barnard or Tubbs on a permanent deal.
    either of those please and Nelson from Scunthorpe, a big s**house centre back on loan as cover. And Russell & Ephraim until the season end if we can get them

Mmmm, I wondered about Barnard.

A friend who lives in Essex told me he was going to sign for us before Soton nabbed him.

Mmmm, I wondered about Barnard.

A friend who lives in Essex told me he was going to sign for us before Soton nabbed him.

he's a bit injury prone and like a lot of essex lads, he likes a pint and a ruck  .. as well as a .........
  • Forget Tubbs, Crawley want stupid money. Alot of his goals have been penalties. Not worth the risk.

If we can get Schlupp great. If not I'd try for Afobe from Arsenal.
  • Would prefer a loan like Afobe tbh. Wait until summer to spend and make sure we get the right player. January is always hard to get the exact player you want.
  • Getting a bit ahead of myself I know, but I think any signing now will be done with an eye on next season. So if a championship quality signing comes along at the right price I think we'll nab 'em.