Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Worst moments about Christmas

edited December 2011 in Not Sports Related

1. I always have to drive (wife doesn't). Most others get pissed & then don't understand, when you're not as happy as them. Even more annoying when you really want to go home & they're even more pissed.

2. We have Xmas dinner over my sister in laws, who likes eating the main meal at 7pm. By then I'm so pissed off waiting I don't enjoy it as much.

3. Watching TV programmes you hate.

4. Not watching TV programmes you love.

5.Getting crap presents from the same idiots who can't be bothered to get something appropriate & having to pretend you love it, so you get the same sort of crap present the next year.

6. We have to clean the house from top to bottom, if people are coming to ours. It stays dirty all year for me, but has to be clean for others. Go figure.

Bah humbug !  I'll stop now before I really get started  :-)

Comments

• Realising that you cannot physically eat or drink any more!
  • Drunk people on public transport

Amateur drinkers crowding  the pubs leaving no room for the professional drinkers

Christmas cards from people you last saw a decade ago

Having to send Christmas cards to people you last saw a decade ago

• What to get the wife this year !! Thank God for Amazon ;-)
  • Realising that you cannot physically eat or drink any more!
    Spot on - this is similar to the post holiday blues thing when you realise that the goal you have been aiming for all year is no longer what you want. When food and drink are no longer desirable, mental confusion sets in. This is when football acts as a support mechanism coz the other goal, sex, if married, is not under your control. 
  • opening presents infront of people. hate it.
  • Being at work and not having the opportunity to do any of the above good or bad  :(
    Couldn't agree more, I find it so uncomfortable. Hate. Hate. Hate.
  • Working Boxing Day.

I hate retail.
  • Having the tree and dec's hanging around until halfway through Jan'. Every year me and the missus have the same sodding 12th night argument.
  • All the bloody vegetables!
  • Sponsored links:

Third that
  • Waking up Christmas morning knowing my daughter will be opening her presents with the ex-wife and I wont get to see her until around 5pm.
    Could be worse though, I could have not been seeing her at all.
    Third that
    Forthed
    Third that
    Forthed
    " Fifth ed" agreed, must be a message in this somewhere
  • Shite on TV.
    No sport on Christmas Day
    Brussel Sprouts
    Noel Edmonds
    Socks

• People Moaning about Christmas
  • people moaning about people moaning about christmas
  • Stuck in a room full of people dying for a fart!!
  • No FLS at all
    Wow there's a surprise!
  • Sponsored links:

Third that
    Forthed
    " Fifth ed" agreed, must be a message in this somewhere

Could one of you explain why?
  • Not being able to go to Yeovil away and then not having access to the score for the whole day. 
  • when its Over ..................just hate the January  back to work start date !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • when its Over ..................just hate the January  back to work school start date !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Not being able to see family as much as I would like. We have our own families now and have no central place for a big family get together. Everyone prefers to stay home.

Always have an extended break as my birthday is in early Jan. Last year I received a new CAFC manager - wonder what I will get this year?
  • edited December 2011
    8:16pm
  • This is the first time since about 1990 that I havent gone to football on Boxing Day.

Southampton a few years ago (2hrs 30) tested the limits, Yeovil (4hrs) in this pony league....

• Piling the weight on !
    Wow there's a surprise!
    They say sprouts will put hairs on your chest, shame it ain't your head, ey!
  • When someone takes the last pig in blanket!