Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favourite moment of Christmas.

edited December 2011 in Not Sports Related
So you happy bunch, what is your favourite part of the big day?

Beer drinking?

Turkey eating?

Presents?

Queens speech?

Eastenders special?

Comments

• edited December 2011
    My kids opening their pressies is the best bit . Apart from that I cant wait till boxing day when the football starts again.
  • Boxing day footie
  • My kids opening their pressies is the best bit . Apart from that I cant wait till boxing day when the football starts again.
    Sounds good to me
  • On Xmas day for me it's all about the dinner. Best dinner of the year.

But Xmas as a whole package I love Xmas eve up the boozer and boxing day footy
  • Dinner with the family, especially the toast where we remember loved ones lost (sad and happy moment but very intense).
    Watching the kiddies enjoy it all so much. And then the Boxing Day footy just tops it off nicely!
  • Be my little girls first Christmas so be a bit special for family reasons, Apart from that the Xmas dinner is best.
  • Having time off work, chilling out with the family having a few drinks playing the kids games. Pulling the crackers at the dinner table.

And wearing those stupid plastic CROWNS.
  • The kids opening their prezzies

Then the cold meat sandwiches in the evening when on any normal day you wouldn't even attempt it due to how much you have already eaten ,

Will be the last year my Joe will believe in Santa as I reckon he is only scared this year that if he says anything he won't get anything , but the normal Xmas magic is fading with him, fortunately my princess this year will be nearly 2 so the next 8 Xmas's will be full of magic again ,

Must be gutting for you folks whose kids have grown up and you don't have the excitement anymore of little ones and father Xmas
  • This year is different for me as its my sons first xmas and I cant wait to see him open all his presents and watching him play with all the wrapping paper instead of the toys.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mate it just gets better and better from that Xmas on , Scarlett still too young has an idea but to little to comprehend but the magic is starting
  • Christmas Eve, start of a nice break
  • Being allowed to have a nap after a lovely dinner, followed by cold meat, bubble and squeak with pickles on Boxing day. Otherwise it's just the enormous pleasure of the whole family being together. No doubt I'll get my orange and a wooden tank again, those were the days !

• Must be gutting for you folks whose kids have grown up and you don't have the excitement anymore of little ones and father Xmas

Santa isn't real ? :/
  • Everything love it all

• For several years I've not been that bothered, but this year we will have both my sons and their girlfriends over on Christmas day and I'm really looking forward to it.
  • Absolutely cannot wait this year, My Daisy is 3 now and knows all about the big man with the beard (not me) and am just so excited for her! My Poppy is 15 months and will be all over the boxes and wrapping paper (printed myself this year hehe) but yeah love all of it now, after a few years of misery (RIP my Sister Jane) now i can really enjoy it again, whilst the whole time raising glass or 6 to Jane and other missed rele's. 

• oh yeah making some pretty messed up cocktails, if you make a manky one it still has to be drunk!
  • Top of the pops Christmas special
  • Its always nice to see what girls are on Babestation & Elite TV on xmas day
  • Sponsored links:

• I love everything about Christmas , the kids are all excited , the food , the booze , the TV , the board games , the music , the decorations , the clearing up , the batteries missing out of the toys , the mess , the unwanted presents , the dustmen not coming for days , the dog nicking the nuts out of the bowl , the dog nicking the chocolates off the tree , the unopened doors on the advent calendar , the bulb not working on the fairy lights , everything !
  • Bit of a strange one this year, we are going to my daughters for dinner so it means she will not be with us on Christmas morning plus my son is staying at his girl friends Christmas eve so it will just be me, the missus and the mother in law until we get up to my daughters.

Still my 2 grandchildren will more than make up for it once we are there. 

• Got to be watching the kids open their presents.
  • Coming home from the inlaws.
  • edited December 2011
    Promises to be extra special for me and the misses as we spend it with my 7 month old Grandson 'Up North' and when my daughter dresses him in the Charlton gear I've bought him, It'll make the Stoke and the odd Port Vale fan have a double take when he goes out in the pram.
  • beating PalARSE boxing day 1999 that started us on that amazing winning run, that eventually meant we won the title and a return to the gravy train
  • i enjoy going to midnight mass on christmas eve, seeing friends and
    family there and back home to check up on the norad website and seeing
    where santa is delivering now. leaving out food for the reindeer before
    putting the kids to bed all excited.
  • edited December 2011

Me and my girlfiend usually share xmas day with both sets of parents. We take it in turns. E.G go to her mums xmas morning for a bit, then go to my mums for xmas dinner and the evening. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

However this year it’s the turn of going to my mums in the morning, and the girlfriends mums for dinner and the evening. Not looking forward to it at all. I will have to drive as we are going to HER mums so I cant have a beer. It is also so boring its untrue. There will be nothing to do, her mum watches shite tv. Her mum will put the dinner on and then fall asleep leaving me talking to her mums partner who is about as exciting and interesting as cabbage. That will then lead to an argument between me and the girlfriend because I look bored, and her then being stubborn and making us leave of which I am excited for as I get to go home, but also dreading due to the grief it will cause.

Coupled with this, as a tradition, we have to go to the girlfriends nans on boxing day, of which I will also have to drive as its her nan. Which means I will miss all the football aswell. Which will lead to an argument between me and the girlfriend as she will get the hump that I keep checking my phone for the scores as apparently I don’t look interested in her familys conversation which is usually about people I don’t know. Loads of her family go to one small bungalow, where I will sit quietly for the majority of the day until someone asks me what I was given for xmas which I will have to repeat 20 odd times. This is until some of the people go home and the hardcore drunks left will start to play silly board games, those of which you need to be drunk to enjoy. I will not be drunk. Although saying all this, last year there was a massive brawl which certainly spiced up the occasion.

Welcome to my Christmas : )

• I love everything about Christmas , the kids are all excited , the food , the booze , the TV , the board games , the music , the decorations , the clearing up , the batteries missing out of the toys , the mess , the unwanted presents , the dustmen not coming for days , the dog licking my nuts , the dog nicking the chocolates off the tree , the unopened doors on the advent calendar , the bulb not working on the fairy lights , everything !
    Strange!!!
  • Its all about the family for me. Not often  i get all of my kids together and even this year sadly there will only be four out of five but with the little boy being nearly three it really is exciting for him and me