Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Weird Songs

edited December 2011 in Not Sports Related
Came across this song randomally and thought wtf, its not even a proper tune, this guy sounds like he has come from another planet or is on drugs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu0hucLrrWE&feature=related

Comments

• Are you serious? That's Neil from The Young Ones. ( Nigel Planer)- Classic TV show    I take it your well under 30. ;)
  • Yeah I am lol

He was obviously a legend back in those days then? Now for those under 30's like me will class him as wierd lol
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I am lol

He was obviously a legend back in those days then? Now for those under 30's like me will class him as wierd lol
    The Young Ones is a classic show ( especially loved by students in the early 80's) . I can see how it looks odd if you don't know about the programme. ( you had to be there !) Neil was a hippy who ate lentils and was all for the rights of vegetables....man. 
  • i cant see it its blank on my comp but is it the hole in my shoe song or the b side hurdy gurdy mushroom man?

• i cant see it its blank on my comp but is it the hole in my shoe song or the b side hurdy gurdy mushroom man?

The hole in my shoe.
  • hurdy gurdy mushroom man will really freak him out then beds eh?

• hurdy gurdy mushroom man will really freak him out then beds eh?

Absolutely !
  • Mate, you think thats weird, this is a supposedly serious attempt at music. 
  • That was Nigel Planers piss taking spoof of a record originally performed seriously by the multi-talented group Traffic in the original psychedelic summer of love 1967.
    The songs writer, Dave Mason was later driven (haaha) out of Traffic by the other 3 who had doubts about the record from the start.
    Top ten hit though
  • I remember it well.  Loved 'The Young Ones', but I suspect it wouldn't seem that good now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Used to lov how they used to have a band suddenly perform in middle of show because they were turned down by bbc comedy department but programme came out of the entertainment department budget.

Coming up amazulu
    Really, Im a Glaswegian
  • Used to lov how they used to have a band suddenly perform in middle of show because they were turned down by bbc comedy department but programme came out of the entertainment department budget.

Coming up amazulu
    Really, Im a Glaswegian
    Madness 

• Didn't know that - good trivia.  Did used to find that a bit odd.
  • Fluffy hairs on a polar bear mean more to me than a lavatory, you can't go far in a motorcar with my front door key

Had it on 7"
  • Great show with some great bands appearing in each episode.

Cliiifffff
  • Mate, you think thats weird, this is a supposedly serious attempt at music. 
    I think that is quality lol
  • Oh disco! He has a Christmas song to. My favourite line goes "kissing, candy, decorations... yeah". 
  • Loved Reggie Balovsky.....Doctor Martin boots WALLOP
  • The Freakers ball by Dr Hook takes some beating if you listen to the lyrics.

• Nine Below Zero, The Damned, Motorhead, Madness (a few times). Had some great bands on there.
  • Sponsored links:

Hole in My Shoe was a 60s hit for Traffic, a Steve Winwood 'supergroup' .. Hurdy Gurdy Man was arguably the worst of Donovan's several hits. Check out Sunshine Superman, Catch the Wind (too many onions?), Googoogoobarrabbajaggle (with Jeff Beck) and Mellow Yellow
  • To me it's a bit like someone of my age not knowing "My Bruvva" or "The Hole". Why do young people of today have no curiosity about anything that came before their memory starts?  In fairness Disco, at least you did have enough curiosity to ask about it... 
  • Weirdest song off altime has to be the laughing gnome by David Bowie or Boris is a spider by the who, an old guy at work told me of a pink Floyd song I think about ghosts or something 10 mins of weirdness apparently.
  • If you think Bowie is weird. Try a bit of Captain Beefheart.
  • hot dog, jumping frog ... albuquerque
  • If anyone ever offers to play you something by Albert Ayler, run away. Fast!
  • If anyone ever offers to play you something by Albert Ayler, run away. Fast!
    same with Don Cherry .. 'avant garde jazz' so far as Messrs A and C are concerned  = lack of talent and and semblance of musical harmony
  • Judge dread deserves a mention
  • edited December 2011
    Judge dread deserves a mention
    indeed he does, worthy of mention alongside Shakespeare, Blake and Wordsworth ......... hey hey tiddley bum hey ..  hy hy hyer ........ (classic lyrics) .......  old mother hubbard went to the cupboard to get her poor doggie a bone .. when she bent down the dog came around and he gave her a bone of his own