Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The A2

edited December 2011 in Not Sports Related
Does anyone know if its is shut both ways at the moment around Eltham way ?

Comments

• Check with your chaffeaur.

• Last I heard it was shut coming into London at the Eltham junction. That was a couple of hours ago so not sure what the current situation is.
  • I sacked the chauffeur yesterday , merry Christmas .

• edited December 2011

Around 10:30 the matrix signs on the M2 around the Medway Bridge were saying A2 closed at A221 which is Black Prince (I think) 

EDIT: A 221 is Sidcup not Black Prince. A223 is Black Prince. I'm going mad!

• whats happened?? will it be open later need to use it after work, sod driving through centre of London
  • Congestion
    On the A2 from Rochester towards Dartford between the junctions with the M25 and the A223, there are currently delays of 15 mins due to heavy traffic . Normal traffic conditions expected from 1:30 pm.
  • whats happened?? will it be open later need to use it after work, sod driving through centre of London
    Does anyone know if its is shut both ways at the moment around Eltham way ?
    By using the power of the internet (you know it...it's the thing you're using to post on here!) you can find a wealth of information including such things as:

"15 Dec 11
    Westbound direction. A multi-vehicle accident is partially blocking the carriageway.

2011-12-15
    (12:11) : Eltham Tunnel remains closed westbound. In addition the A2 is
    closed westbound at Falconwood and at the Danson Interchange. Long
    delays are occurring on the A2 from Dartford Heath. Drivers are advised
    to use an alternative route."

• Just drove past it going the other way. Totally closed off and an utter nightmare if you're heading eastbound.

• Hope they sort this before it's time to go home.
  • Sponsored links:

• AN accident which caused eight-mile tailbacks this morning has now been cleared.The accident on the A2 involved a motorbike and a coach, police say.The road in Bexley had been closed for accident investigation work, leading to mammoth queues into Dartford Heath.But the road has now re-opened London-bound between Danson Interchange and the South Circular.according to new shopper...........
  • Ahhhh I just got the bump of old threads.

Anyway hope no one hurt in the accident.
  • Thanks Ken.
  • I believe there was a fatality :-(
  • A2 Southbound at Old Bexley Lane (Dartford Heath). A lorry has jackknifed holding all traffic
  • 16 Dec 2011, 2:42PM
    Eastwards, approx delay 74 mins
    Stationary traffic
    Average speed: 4 mph

OUCH!!
  • Yes someone died poor sod and someone gave birth will in the ensuing traffic jam