Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Newcastle/Pardew

I dislike pardew, hated him for a while, but now starting to respect him for what he is currently achieving at Newcastle.
They have lost a few key players, Nolan, Barton and carrol, and, as you can see on the league table are pushing for a top 5 position, whether they everually finish there or not is another question.
I don't want them to do well simply because of that man and how crap he was with us and I am very very surprised by the overall start Newcastle have had.
They don't have great players, medicore really, pards must be doing something right eh.
Heard something like "best defence in the prem".
Hopefully the CFC defeat at home will have knocked em down a peg or 2...

Comments

• Options
    Will never respect him for almost destroying our club by paying 2 million for the likes of luke varney and izale mcleod and other players that weren't interested or good enough. 

If he does become the next england manager, so god help us.
  • Options
    The thing is for me, so far he hasn't signed too many, he has largely had to preside over sales of players and managing what he has inherited. 

The jury is out for me. Let us see what he can achieve when he goes into the transfer market and buys a load of pony.

Personally I dislike everything about him. I think he's a chancer with a huge ego and an ability to bullshit his way into big money contracts.
  • Options
    HE'S A C**T
  • Options
    Honestly, I'd be surprised if it lasts in the long term. He's got a FIVE YEAR contract - unbelievable. Annoys me that he 'learnt his mistakes' with us.

Had a good start with us, went to shit. Had a good spell with West Ham, eventually went to shit. He doesn't know how to motivate a team when there is a downturn (which happens with every club). No doubt he has some good managerial qualities, but to me this is what sets him apart from good managers, he takes no responsibility either. Also he signs about 48 strikers wherever he goes. Plus he's a bellend..... I think that's it.
  • Options
    He is a twat I really hope they slide down the table, but if it does eventually go to shit anyway while he is there, then yes I think they would struggle to bounce back from a slide.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HE'S A C**T
    This                                      is the only way to describe him.
  • Options
    It seems interesting to me that he is doing so well (currently) at a club where by accident or design he hasn't been able to throw money around, totally contrary to his style at the Valley- when there was a problem, simply buy/loan the nearest cack, half hearted mercenary to try and paper over the cracks. Perhaps he has been forced to grow up, if that's the right word...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How can you gain respect when he complained about every one else apart
    from himself. Perhaps I should remind you of what he said about us.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2288188/Alan-Pardew-attacks-Charlton-fans-after-draw.html

Apart from calling him a see you next tuesday here is my view.

Never will forgive Pardew what he has done for us. As someone pointed out that he wasted money on players like Varney, Mcleod and Toddy and what was worse he had E-Banks Blake on the table for us to sign and he rejects him and signs Andy Gray, how ridiculous is that. Not putting Gray down but given E-Banks Blake's record and skill we should have chosen him. Nicky Weaver was one of his first signings when we got relegated and I thought he was a bad keeper previously and the more I saw Weaver on the the field the more bad he looked. 

Newcastle fans did not want him in the first place and I don't think it will be that long until Newcastle drop par because the players are pretty average and I think they are in a false position. If Pardew performs a miracle at Newcastle why on earth could he not have done the same with us??????
  • Options
    Heard on the radio driving to the match Saturday they've had the same keeper and back 4 all season. At Southampton he signed a lot more proven players than gambles like he did here. Seems he's learnt from his mistakes, wonder how long he'll keep it up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He slagged off deano. F'ing idiot hope he gets sacked and never gets a job again. How clubs pick him over curbs is a joke. Man's done f all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He started pretty well at most clubs he has been at. He did with us at first as well remeber. Once that initial glamour falls away he always fails. What price relegation in 2012/13?
  • Options
    I hate him and dowie with a vengance and I just sit and wait till they crash and burn.Only snag is the geordies are doing ok,right they have had the fixtures in the right order.That fool dowie is on sky talking shite so he wont get found out for a while.
  • Options
    If Pardont has signed anyone who gave this club a tenth of what Deano did, then he might have had grounds to comment.

Actually, make that any 10 of the army of f*cking useless duds he bought to The Valley.
  • Options
    After reading that it btings it all back, I regret using the word respect, but sometimes as they are doing well it's harder to keep calling him a C**t as it's frustrating, might aswell say yeh okay he's doing well there as currently that is whats going on.
    We are doing great ourselves anyway so quite easy to stick the pardew era in the back of the mind.
  • Options
    He's done well up there but NSS is still right.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a Pardew fan after he left us in it.

A few adjectives - arrogant, smug, conceited and they're the polite ones. He seems to come up smelling of roses but what was it somebody once said. "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time". Something like that. He, eventually, will be found out.
  • Options
    pardew uses the stuff in my pic, but it doesnt work on him, nuff said

• Options
    Don't like Pardew, but I have always respected the passion of the Newcastle fans, so it's good to see them doing well.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited December 2011

Wheels will come off for 'Super Al'''

• Options

Big test for him now with S Taylor out for a while and possibly Colocinni.

Expect a whole host of excuses to be made well before the next game. He's clever like that.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

He is what he is - an arrogant man and an average football manager. Funny how the Valley was calling his name before he joined us and now almost to a man claim to have always hated him and deny they were involved in the chanting. He was arrogant before he joined us and arrogant when he left.

And to be brutely honest I would rather an arrogant man in charge of England than a crook.

• Options
    I'm willing to admit I was calling for him to be our manager and was delighted when he arrived.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm willing to admit I was calling for him to be our manager and was delighted when he arrived.

Same here.

Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for.

Now though he's just a cnut.

• Options
    I called for him as soon as Curbs left. I thought his eventual appointment was a masterstroke. He nearly succeeded in keeping us up. He did lose his way but we had been on the downslide for sometime. I still rate him as a manager. There a lot worse around still working, Paul Jewel for example.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Same here, SagaLout

As I have said before there are a number of allegations about his off-field behaviour at various of his past clubs. In the case of Southampton, they were more or less openly described when he got the push, which makes me believe there must have been truth in the others (ok, Mr Lawyer?). He might have learnt some lessons on the pitch but I doubt he is a reformed character off it, so it will happen again and the wheels will come off then. In My Opinion.
  • Options
    Whatever you post is "your opinion".
  • Options

If/when Pardew is next at The Valley, he can rest assured that our fans will not afford him a nicely nicely reception.

Big nosed / big headed / delusional /multi winger signing, twat.

PS He's doing very well at Newcastle  :-)

• Options
    He hasn't achieved anything this season. They had a good start because they didn't play a single decent side. They are slipping now and will finish mid-table to bottom half.
  • Options
    HE'S A C**T
    This