Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****FREEPLAY POKER TONIGHT (SUNDAY) 8-30PM ALL WELCOME*****

2»

Comments

• Options
    what the hell !!!! still waiting?
  • Options
    I'm there with Ellis and Alex.
    same thing - just waiting for them to join.
  • Options
    i have gained some chips mainly cos strasb called on vg bb so i called aswell and checked down with straight, come on vg come whoop my ass plz :P xx
  • Options
    now take your seat button has disappeared
  • Options
    Not sure what happened with that, it was on some sort of auto play from the table before!  Oh well that's life!
  • Options
    5 left Strasb 44 lost to AK Alex Wright, 3 in 2 sit outs so we have agreed to fold until others join well give 5-10mins

• Options
    Me n Alexwright getting hands 10s, Js, As, 9s but folding cos we are nice like that :P 
  • Options
    just play can't get in doesn't matter I've given PS strong words. good luck xx
  • Options
    Thats it I give up good luck the rest of you
  • Options
    you still trying to get in ellis and sadie?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I quit too!
  • Options
    K sorry to hear guys hopefully get another soon maybe next sunday? or tuesday due to PS incompetence, still prob outlast me u2 vs these 2 sharks
  • Options
    we've just started to play

• Options
    im busto in 5th 450 shoved 9 bigs on button K8suited into sadies cheeky aces ;) i had flushdraw on flop but bricked. GL all

Whats everyones thoughts on freeplay? i often find we dont get many runners and doesnt really attract any new players which was the main intention of it, i reckon we should change for a heads up tourney or a standard $3.30 freezeout that way more ppl, may play and still cheap
  • Options
    Nice to see alot of interest in poker so noone wants to discuss freeplay whether they think its worth it?

when next game is? 

how can we get more players? 

• Options

I am only speaking for myself here Johnny but I find that unless someone has paid real money to be in the pot its not proper poker. It stands to reason if you are not going to lose your own money your game will differ, you will take more chances and your hand range will be bigger.

Free play is great to learn but but as soon as you know the basics you need to step up otherwise you will get into bad habits.  

• Options
    It doesn't do it for me. I really don't like it because a lot people play a different game when they have nothing to lose and it's not enjoyable at all. I just cant get motivated for freeplay  . 
  • Options
    For freeplay all I do is start jamming with any random cards, have no interest in it at all.
  • Options
    I agree im really not a fan of freeplay as its too much effort and am often playing other games on sky so dont really play properly in them because its not for real money. 

I can understand if a few newbies were playing each time but i think we arent really getting any other then maybe 1 last night but only 6 runners was just pointless.

Think we should be doing them every other sunday standard tourneys and possibly 1 or 2 tuesdays a month to keep up interest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree im really not a fan of freeplay as its too much effort and am often playing other games on sky so dont really play properly in them because its not for real money. 

I can understand if a few newbies were playing each time but i think we arent really getting any other then maybe 1 last night but only 6 runners was just pointless.

Think we should be doing them every other sunday standard tourneys and possibly 1 or 2 tuesdays a month to keep up interest
    Agreed . I would love to see more standard tournaments. They are not often enough to grab any real new interest.  Monthly is not enough and because of that i think we struggle to get over a dozen players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So... would you like freeplay scrapped and just play our normal 2 or would you like a cheap replacement? requests please.
  • Options
    So... would you like freeplay scrapped and just play our normal 2 or would you like a cheap replacement? requests please.
    In my opinion the freeplay should go. It clearly doesn't appeal to enough people. I suggest a fortnightly Sunday tournement and a fortnightly midweek knock-out game , that way we get one game a week.

I'm happy to go we whatever the majority think. 
  • Options
    scrap the freeplay.we have just under 70 poker club members and there is little interest for them.

have a set schedule that we'll do throughout the year so everyone knows when to expect a game.
  • Options
    I agree with bedsaddick, fortnightly on sundays 1 5.50/3.30 and main $11 , then every other tuesday knockout or can be different day but tuesday is prob best for me 
  • Options
    Do any of ye play Double your money SNGs? They used to be my regular type of game but after blowing my bank roll and an additional deposit I'm gonna switch to cash.Just found myself getting into races far too often and if you go with rubbish cards when the blinds are 100/200 plus then there's nothing you can really do. Started playing  Cash (£0.15/0.20)  as an alternative which suits me quite well as I'm more than happy to sit around and wait for optimal hands. Just a bit scary the way you can lose all your hard work on one bad call or misread etc etc/