Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

'What is it that makes Millwall and Palace fans so different?" article on Newshopper

edited November 2011 in General Charlton

Thought Millwall didn't care about them, it's pretty scathing though.

Slightly surprised this is an article in a newspaper....

Comments

• It's bang on
  • It's bang on
    Well yeah, can't say I disagree with any of it. 
  • First in Europe.....I'm sure I went to Italy to watch Charlton against Brescia some time ago....it must of been a dream?

• PS: Is Italy in spain.....? ;o)

• I pretty much think he's nailed it. " Not happy in their own skin"  - Who would be?

• Thought Millwall didn't care about them, it's pretty scathing though.

Quite a few Millwall hate them more than west ham. Dunno why, but they do.
  • I do sometimes with Palace think they've got a bit of a middle class chip on there shoulder which makes them better then us and Millwall, and the piece is pretty much getting at that in a round about way. The inbetweeners would be Palace fans
  • In real life 2 of the inbetweeners are palace fans
  • They lack identity for certain. South Norwood is not London anymore than Watford is. I find them rather pathetic as a club actually.
  • Cracking read sums up my feelings for the stripey prix
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2011
    I do sometimes with Palace think they've got a bit of a middle class chip on there shoulder which makes them better then us and Millwall, and the piece is pretty much getting at that in a round about way. The inbetweeners would be Palace fans
    I think that's pretty much it. If they do something it's a good idea, if someone else does the same thing they're copying and when they copy something they still have some moral high ground and the original, yet identical idea still gets mocked.

They believe that they have some importance due to having a high gate in the 70s, a high league finish in the early 90s and a cup final around the same time. Like a confused spurs fan but with no identity or history.
  • In a lot of ways, there a shit version of Fulham. Middle class, false and in the shadow of two rivals who have history
  • Thr Blitz? I can't help thinking of Uncle from Only Fools......

"During the war....."

• I liked that article as well. Thought it was pretty good. I read a link earlier on Brightons forum ('north stand chat' ot something) and it has an interview with the chief-goon of Palace's pathetically called Ultra's, and he refers to us as a "strange little club". Tosser.

• Sorry, but give me a Palarse fan before Millwall any day. 
    Exactly

• edited December 2011
    Sorry, but give me a Palarse fan before Millwall any day. 

I can't stand the pair of them to be fair.

But If Millwall and Palace played each other In the FA Cup Final I'd have to choose Millwall, simply because I've lived Millwall territory most of my life and a lot of my mates support Millwall.

Some Palace fans I just can't get along with. 

Probably already been done but could be a good topic for another thread?

• I've never known a Palace fan, do they even exist?
  • Palace fan over a Millwall fan - No way!  

• Sponsored links:

• Well, neither of them can tell the difference between a British Rail class 153 diesel engine and a class 323............. and we're better at juggling apparently.
  • Well the article made me smile.   The hit at the plastics has upset them because it hit the nail on the head and the retort from the plastics makes the point how deluded wall fans are.

It's like all long running stories, the Millwall one gets enlarged and more distorted as the decades go on till they all believed they were a big club still sleeping from there inauguration in the late 1800's.  The trouble was after their fleeting foray in to the top flight for the first time it became apparent to their own fans they weren't, as one long standing wall fan told me "we thought we were a big club and found out we weren't".  

Long may both the stalwarts of the old Division 3 South and former founder members of the old 4th Division bicker amongst themselves.  Well I thought this way of expressing it was more in keeping with the article, got to go Lord Haw Haw is broacasting from the News Shopper.

• Personally I found the comments underneath more entertaining.
    Agreed
  • I really dislike those fan-based columns. Just an extension of a football message board give credence by a local newspaper.
  • I am 24 years of age. I know plenty of Charlton fans and plenty Millwall fans. Half my family are Milwlall fans.

I know 0 Palace fans and never have done. Where are they?

• edited December 2011
    just pulled one about being a nigel on facebook,ormy will be as surprised as me that there was one at our school,kept that quiet
    They'll all be coming out of the closet this morning.
  • They're all in Kent waiting for a decent coach service.................