Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Charlton 2-0 Huddersfield + The PROMOMETER

Well done Lifers, 102 gave marks which is the highest this season and is 2 better than the Bournemouth game.

Comments

• Great work. Just one thing: Ephraim only played 83 minutes, not the full 94. :-)
  • Great stuff, Lancs.

Kermit sorry Kermy has shot up the table to be the second best player overall this season!  Think he should be happy whatever we decide to call him!!
  • 10 points ahead of B&HA last season.  That is impressive!
    Yeah, but still the same as Leeds the year before - and they nearly blew it!
  • That's true Weegie.  I'm not saying that we can afford to be complacent, just that we've done very well so far.
  • great stuff LL ... always good to see this
  • thanks callumcafc, I'll amend my copy but don't think I can change the sheets on here unless I reload them which might cause confusion?
    Yeah, but still the same as Leeds the year before - and they nearly blew it!

True, but I don't see the same depth of competition in L1 this season as then.

With 46 points in the bag we only need to secure another 40-45 from a maximum of 81 (27 games) available. That's say 12 wins and four draws, and assumes an almighty meltdown which I can't see happening.

• It's interesting to see that this time last season So'ton had lost 7 and the season before Norwich had lost 4!!

That's quite interesting really. Both went up in the autos.
  • edited November 2011
    I find it strange that Morrison and Taylor are rated 6th and 7th overall. I've seen 3 home games and 1 away game (all wins) and have hardly seen them put a foot wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• I find it strange that Morrison and Taylor are rated 6th and 7th overall. I've seen 3 home games and 1 away game (all wins) and have hardly seen them put a foot wrong.
    I think that probably says more about the rest of the team than it does about Taylor and Morrison.  You're right they have been superb, but so have several others.  The fact that we've got nine players who've so far averaged 7+ (and I expect that Green will soon join that not too exclusive club) is a good indication of just how well everyone is doing.
  • ... fact that we've got nine players who've so far averaged 7+ ...

Incredible ... many seasons since that could be stated.

• Loving the fact that we have had so many different MOMs so far this season. Shows we are not reliant on the form of a few or one player.
  • edited November 2011
    cheers lancs. 

Great stuff as usual. 
  • Thankyou Lancs!
  • Great work lancashire lad, cheers!
  • edited December 2011
    Lancs , i do trust you , but it seems crazy that Huddersfield had 10 corners and we had zero the other night?

Brighton played 8 league games in March 2011 , & won all 8 , looks like we'll have to come up with something similar in the new year ( whatever month it is if we want the title) they got 95 points , good news we are 10 points ahead of Brighton, they got 28 wins , 11 draws & 7 defeats , we're going great guns but have got to keep going, i think we're up to 14 wins , 4 draws , & 1 defeat.

Leicester have the most points in League 1 in the past 7 seasons , (96 points) 27 wins 15 draws & 4 defeats , they had 14 away wins , would be interesting to see if we could catch that?
  • Good work as usual LL....always look foward to this thread each week. Lots of interesting facts and figures can be drawn from this, but the one that sticks out for me is being the highest points total so far across the 3 seasons (beating Leeds by 1 point)....now thats impressive form!
  • It's interesting to see that this time last season So'ton had lost 7 and the season before Norwich had lost 4!!

This is true.

This is true.
    Tranmere have lost 7 and Sheff Wed have lost 4 so I guess they will be going up automatically ;-)

Seriously what it does show is that great form in one part of the season is no guarantee of great form all season.
  • Sponsored links:

Both replaced struggling managers and turned their fortunes around completely.  I'm not seeing anyone who is currently struggling bringing in a top drawer boss like Lambert or Adkins at this point.
  • edited December 2011

• I don't think it's any cause for concern, but the difference in Leeds' form 2 years ago is sobering: from W14 D3 L1 (45 pts from 18) to W11 D8 L9 (41 from 28) - mid-table stuff.  They still did go up in 2nd place!

• I the thing was wth leeds the had so many matches as if remember rightly the went to the semi finals of the JPT. Forsth or 5th round of FA Cup after beating united and then a reply with Spurs. Think they even went quite far in teh league cup that year getting knocked out to Liverpool.
  • edited December 2011
    I the thing was wth leeds the had so many matches as if remember rightly the went to the semi finals of the JPT. Forsth or 5th round of FA Cup after beating united and then a reply with Spurs. Think they even went quite far in teh league cup that year getting knocked out to Liverpool.
    I don't disagree... Actually 4th round of the FA Cup, 3rd Round of League Cup, JPT Northern Final (had to look it up).

Snodgrass and Howson played 56, Beckford 50, in fact eight played 46 or more. Team (or squad) played 60 in all.  Conclusion might be they should have rotated more ruthlessly for the cups.

PS: Ephraim played 4, scored 1 (total 183 mins).

• I don't think it's any cause for concern, but the difference in Leeds' form 2 years ago is sobering: from W14 D3 L1 (45 pts from 18) to W11 D8 L9 (41 from 28) - mid-table stuff.  They still did go up in 2nd place!

Very true ... I have tried to predict what is needed by Charlton to go up ... on paper it looks easy, but the Leeds example is very sobering.

Many Miles

• edited December 2011
    I don't think it's any cause for concern, but the difference in Leeds' form 2 years ago is sobering: from W14 D3 L1 (45 pts from 18) to W11 D8 L9 (41 from 28) - mid-table stuff.  They still did go up in 2nd place!

Very true ... I have tried to predict what is needed by Charlton to go up ... on paper it looks easy, but the Leeds example is very sobering.

Many Miles

Good read!  I'm sure 100% of us hope your bet is a winner.

I think it basically comes down to winning enough games - 26 or 27 for the season, add a few draws, and you should be OK.  So we need 12 or 13 more.  One thing is we've only played 8 out of the current bottom 12 so far (includes Oldham 13th on GD).  We have been excellent at winning the ones we really should win so far (7-1-0 against bottom half), and very good at winning the tougher ones (7-3-1).
  • Chris Powell won't care how many games we need to win ...... along as we always win the next one!
  •   100 points and 100 goals would be great but promotion any which way will do.
  • We haven't won the league but we certainly have made it more easy to do so. yes it could backfire but difficult to see where we will drop too many points. We will always pick up points at home and have got Sheff Utd, MK Dons, Brentford, Notts County and Stevenage out of the way away.