Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

9,062 !!!!!!!!

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
Did they count the crowd on the wrong day ?

Comments

• that was how many empty seats there were left in the ground?
  • Surely they have missed a "1" off the beginning of the total ?

• Where does it say this?
  • In my over imaginative bored mind AFL...

• I thought this was going to be millwalls crowd tonight
  • If you can call it a "crowd". More of a "gathering".
  • I thought this was going to be millwalls crowd tonight

• They're on the up then.
  • edited November 2011
    In fairness most of them had school the next day.
  • I have no idea what is going on here
  • Sponsored links:

• It's either our current season tickets numbers or the "crowd" at the toolbox last night
  • You keep calling us a small club, then express shock & laughter when we get small crowds. Odd. Make your minds up!
  • Small club or not, that's a poor attendance for a London club in the championship.
  • That attendance just sums it all up. Best just to leave it there.

• there's small crowds and then there's small crowds

• MillWall Rouffian - 30/11/2011 02:04

well done at least someone bothered to turn up today because forgetting the offical attendance that counts STs it looked like 7000 thousand or lower today, put it this way you could clearly read the den in the south stand.

I agree, it certainly didn’t look like 9,000.

Read more: http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=90214&posts=12#ixzz1fBKxUnDc
  • It would be double if we were playing there...
  • I think we've made our point sufficiently clearly now, and should move on.  Arsenal or Chelsea fans probably think the whole discussion is pretty pathetic.

For old-timers such as myself, it's simply pleasing - a relief, even - that we're no longer the joke club that we were, even now we're in L1.  It was not fun being one of only 3000 or so for a league match, nor having the feeling (circa 1986-88) that we were one relegation away from leaving Palace & Millwall to a 2-way fight for football bragging rights in this part of town.

So, we've changed our spots and raised our standing and support.  I'm intrugued to know, SLL & others, whether MFC fans really care about this.  If I'm honest, I did care that when Millwall reached the old Div 1, and we still at Sellout Park, that the power balance would shift once-and-for-all - that MFC would be W Ham to our Orient.  These shifts can happen (Notts County were once the bigger team in Nottingham, for example).  And I would be more than happy for a reverse outcome.

MFC would obviously contest this, but for some of the less welcoming fans, you can't have it both ways.  What do you want - bigger support or "no one likes us, we don't care"?

• Bloody hell - just been for a look at their forum.  What a place! It's like some dystopian nightmare!
  • I don't think we are too surprised by your small crowds Lion but what is wrong with being amused! I'm sure Millwall would do the same if it was the other way round!
  • Sponsored links:

• In fairness most of them had school the next day.
    In fairness most of the schools in London are striking today. ;-)
  • redlanered - I don't want to change our club that much that will attract those that don't know, understand or want to be who we are.

It'll happen though. It's slowly changing.

• Going by my Millwall mate they accept that they are not a big club and this debate does not interest them.

• Thats why we're discussing it and not them. Not sure what Sparrows motives are.
  • It is for us not for them and it isn't a debate, its having a laugh at a statement of fact.They are a much smaller club than us - as are Palace Nil.
  • Going by my Millwall mate they accept that they are not a big club and this debate does not interest them.

It interests them when it suits them.  When the figures don't work out their way they lose interest suddenly.  Their fanzines constantly made reference to our numbers when we were at Selhurst and after when we got back to the Valley.  When we expanded the Valley so it was closer to the capacity at the Toolboox we overtook them and hey preston "we're not interested",  "one 'Wall fan is worth 10 trainspotters"  and "you're all plastic/premiership fans".

I'm not interested in how many "rucks" they have won and how they are all claim to be "salt of the earth tasty geezers" but they go on about that ad infinitum
  • If you ain't been mugged over by a company like Lacoste or Ralph Lauren, you're nobody.
  • If you ain't been mugged over by a company like Lacoste or Ralph Lauren, you're nobody.
    in pink, of course
  • i actually did think it was how many seats we had empty from the other night off the top of my head... our crowd was just over 18,000... add the 9,000 odd on the thread here and you get 27,000 odd (i did say it was off the top of my head) but seems i got the wrong end of the stick, i feel so embarrassed.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!