Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Are the Wendys the most unrealistic supporters?

edited November 2011 in General Charlton

Like others, I've had a look at Owlstalk. Whilst some of their fans make sensible comments, others seem rather deluded - and they aren't joking either!

Some of the apparently less deluded are prepared to admit we are playing as well as them - hold on, whilst we are all saying there is still a long way to go etc, who is 7 points ahead and therefore must be better (for now/at the moment)?

Btw, when did being the 'bigger club' with more supporters make any difference when it comes to getting promotion etc. I thought it was the number of points. And goal difference - yes, at the end of the season, I know!

Got a Wendy at work and when I commented we got a compliment on Owlstalk that we were playing as well as them, he quite seriously said, 'well, we are playing well at the moment'!

Comments

• Who cares about the silly Wendy's views! We are top until at least Christmas!!!
  • Like others, I've had a look at Owlstalk. Whilst some of their fans make sensible comments, others seem rather deluded - and they aren't joking either!

Some of the apparently less deluded are prepared to admit we are playing as well as them - hold on, whilst we are all saying there is still a long way to go etc, who is 7 points ahead and therefore must be better (for now/at the moment)?

Btw, when did being the 'bigger club' with more supporters make any difference when it comes to getting promotion etc. I thought it was the number of points. And goal difference - yes, at the end of the season, I know!

Got a Wendy at work and when I commented we got a compliment on Owlstalk that we were playing as well as them, he quite seriously said, 'well, we are playing well at the moment'!

Without Maybeline Madine they are light on goal scorers .. I fancy them to finish second to us though .. I suspect Huddersfield are not going to
    last the course
  • did you read some of our own views from the previous 5 seasons?
  • many of them think they have an excellent team - too early to say if that's unrealistic, certainly going pretty well so far
  • They use the Massive comments as a joke but it really makes them look stupid. I have a feeling they are heading for a fall starting with the Huddrsfield game.
  • They use the Massive comments as a joke but it really makes them look stupid. I have a feeling they are heading for a fall starting with the Huddrsfield game.
    come on you blues n whites !!
  • Exactly (but I can't help chuckling a little at their comments)! But like others on here, I like the Huddersfield supporters attitude better. I also prefer Shef U as genuinely felt sorry for them when they got relegated after Wet Spam 'cheated'. We were already down, as were Watford before us, so I like to think I had an objective view on it. In fact I  kept saying to a colleague that Wham would get some kind of comeuppence even when it looked like the Premier League wouldn't do anything immediately after events. Eventually they did, even if the outcome stood

• TK, yes, some of them. But still not quite as bad and we (nearly always) give credit where credit is due.

Btw, what's the news on Kermit?

• I am scared of them they had their blip at the start of the season don't forget!

Us and Huddersfield have yet to have ours ;-(
  • They did similar things last season too. Kept going on how Brighton were overrated and would fall behind in the last few months while they would pick up momentum after Jan and push for promotion...

yeah 

• Sponsored links:

• I am scared of them they had their blip at the start of the season don't forget!

Us and Huddersfield have yet to have ours ;-(
    b - lip is defo NOT in the CAFC vocabulary this season
  • I think they're going to do what we did 2 seasons back
  • I commented earlier on the difference between the Huddersfield forum and the Sheffield Wednesday one. The Wendys do have a slightly tongue in cheek attitude with the whole MASSIVE thing but on the whole they do seem to think they're a combination of Barcelona, Brazil and the Harlem frikking Globetrotters. Absolutely convinced that they are the best team in the division despite being 7 points and a massive 18 goals (!!) behind us on goal difference. Deluded.
  • i think udders will beat wendys
  • I really hope we give them an utter hiding at Hillsborough. Always preferred the Blades to them.
  • My gut instinct is that (apart from us) the automatic place will go to MK Dons. Really hope I'm wrong though as I hate everything about them, their lack of history, identity theft and a complete knob jockey of a manager.
  • edited November 2011
    However good there team is, some of them on that owlstalk will forever make me recognise there lot as arrogant tw*ts.

All that 'massive' bollocks
    Those stupid smileys they have dont help either
  • I think they're going to do what we did 2 seasons back
    This.
  • Btw, I really meant deluded/arrogant in my discussion title, but was trying to be diplomatic! And not arrogant (about our position so far)
  • Given they are keen on taking as many of our old players as they can find, and are piecing a team together in the way Parkinson had to, it stands to reason that they will get similar results. Their goal difference supports this theory too. Huddersfield have to be favourites for second place. MK Dons will push them. Wednesday will defy (my) logic to make an automatic spot, and bloody fair play to them if they get it.

But, ultimately, I care little for what any of them think - just want to get out of this bloody division!
  • Sponsored links:

• PS - Since going on their forums, my desire to see Wednesday lose has increased, and made Saturday afternoons a little more interesting.
  • All we can do is keep winning - whether we have 'broken' huddersfield last night, we'll have to wait and see but i like the look of Russel and Ephraim and along with Kermo and Green we are getting stronger and stronger and although we may lose the odd game, we have a very good side and i'm convinced we are going up and wouldn't be surprised if we don't go up another gear now and have the whole thing wrapped up with a month or so to go. You just get the feeling that CP is just putting the finishing touches to a squad which is /will be just too strong for league 1.
  • edited November 2011
    Bexley Dan whilst not wishing to get too ahead of ourselves we have a squad more than capable of holding its own in the Championship, if not challenging for a play off place and that's from a pessimistic fan of 50+ years! COYR
  • Wendy burgers were terrific, not sure about their fans though.
  • Think Wednesday will fall away. MkDonalds and Huddersfield will be the threat
  • My gut instinct is that (apart from us) the automatic place will go to MK Dons. Really hope I'm wrong though as I hate everything about them, their lack of history, identity theft and a complete knob jockey of a manager.

Totally agree. ( about the automatic place bit) .
  • Huddersfield are a much better team than them.
  • edited November 2011
    Not sure about that JBLOCK I know MK DONS were at home when we played them and Uddersfield were away last night but MK Dons have my 'Best opponents seen so far' vote.
  • PS - Since going on their forums, my desire to see Wednesday lose has increased, and made Saturday afternoons a little more interesting.
    THIS

Dont really care about either of them but would be funny if they do a nice blowup and struggle to make the playoffs, after all they deserve it :P