Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will We Get To 50 Points By Christmas?

Now we are guaranteed to be top of the table come Christmas Day , ( I like the Sound of Charlton being Christmas Number 1! ) with a Home game v Oldham , and an Away game v Walsall , can we get to 50 Points by Christmas?

Would be an amazing achievement if we could.

I must confess i had us down to pick up 4 points from Preston @ Home , Brentford Away , & Huddersfield @ home , and we got 9!!

Comments

• Can't see us getting anything other than maximum points from those games .
  • Oldham is a nailed on draw. As it is every time we play them at home.
  • Difficult not to get carried away but let's not get carried away, Walsall & Oldham seem like 2 x 3 points but then so did Stevenage........mind you I suppose it's CPs job to prevent the players taking them for granted whereas the supporters YES 6 more points ;-)  
  • Even if we only win one of them, when we play Oldham, Sheff Weds play Huddersfield so one of them, possibly both won't be picking up three points. 
  • can't see why we can't get 4 from 6. Six from six and I think we'll be ten points clear at Xmas.
  • I'd take four points from those two games and a Boxing Day win...
  • Oldham is a nailed on draw. As it is every time we play them at home.
    There's only one Athletic!
  • Don't forget Oldham beat Huddersfield last night, they are no mugs.
  • I reckon we'll be on exactly 50. When was the last time we were top at Crimbo btw?
  • can see us getting to 50 by christmas 1 win and 1 draw. easily achievable lets just not go into these next two games too over confident.
  • Sponsored links:

• And I thought there were only 2 certainties in life...... but now there's a third....CAFC top of the league at Xmas
  • edited November 2011
    can't see why we can't get 4 from 6. Six from six and I think we'll be ten points clear at Xmas.
    If we win both games, then we'll be at least 9 points clear at Christmas as Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield still have to play each other.

• If we win both games, then we'll be at least 9 points clear at Christmas as Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield still have to play each other.
    If the Wendy's win both games and so do we, we're not 9 points clear.
  • Clear of third. I don't know. Basically, the gap between us and the play-off places increases whatever the result of that game. :-)
  • min 10 clear of third I beleive if we win both our games a Wed play Hudds don't they?
  • edited November 2011
    mathematically guaranteed to be in the top 2 for (minimum) all but 560 minutes of the rest of this year
  • edited November 2011
    mathematically guaranteed to be in the top 2 for all but 560 minutes of the rest of this year
    I'll take your word for it!  :-0

Sounds like another bodmas equation coming !