Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone hear Alan Brazil's response to last night on his breakfast show this morning?

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
He said "Well done to Huddersfield.  It was a great run and they are a good team.  They'll bounce back!"

But failed to say ANYTHING about us.

I know we are biased but it really is strange that we just aren't getting much recognition

Comments

• Piss head.  
  • You obviously didnt listen to much as he really bigged Charlton up as he tipped us for promotion before the season and he also had Matt Holland on discusing all good things about Charlton
  • Im quite happy just plodding alone with no real fuss until May.
  • I'm with Rose and Crown, come to think of it I think i'll just pop down the Rose and Crown !
  • H&J just said that the quality of the free kick for the goal was akin to that in the champions league.
  • Have to agree, from the moment it left his foot is was just sublime, would have been criminal if nobody had got on the end of it, was all but undefendable
  • You obviously didnt listen to much as he really bigged Charlton up as he tipped us for promotion before the season and he also had Matt Holland on discusing all good things about Charlton
    Admittedly I didn't listen to the whole show - just happened upon the time he was praising Hudds.  Even Irani pulled him up and said "Congratulations?  for losing?"

Strange drunken man
    Admittedly I didn't listen to the whole show - just happened upon the time he was praising Hudds.  Even Irani pulled him up and said "Congratulations?  for losing?"

Strange drunken man
    You're right mate , I'm totally astounded that he's on his computer and not in the pub

Strange drunken man
    You're right mate , I'm totally astounded that he's on his computer and not in the pub
    I dont know why I laugh anymore. Anyway, I can multi task
  • I distinctly remember Cloughie standing on the touchline clapping after Liverpool finally ended Forest's long unbeaten run. When asked afterwards (by Barry Davies) I think if he was congratulating Liverpool on beating Forest he went into one! "Young man I was applauding my team young man. My team. That is a fantastic record etc etc..."
  • Sponsored links:

• Odds on winning their division:

Charlton - 7 points clear - 7/5
    Man City - 5 points clear at the top, in a tougher league - 4/6

It's as if the rest of the footballing world takes no notice of us. I do find this astonishing, together with the lazy journalism that devalues our national press.
  • Was on the beer with Brazil last year. Nice bloke to be honest.
  • I remember him calling us "Powder Puff" before we played first leg against Ipswich in playoffs 1998

Don't think he likes Charlton :p

• oh well we will just keep calm and carry on winning it wont be long before they notice our lead at the top :) 
  • I remember him calling us "Powder Puff" before we played first leg against Ipswich in playoffs 1998

I think he does, he used to do the football league games for Sky and always seemed to say good things regarding us.
  • i just can't believe the whole sporting press aren't stark bollock naked pulling themselves off about how wonderful we are
  • i just can't believe the whole sporting press aren't stark bollock naked pulling themselves off about how wonderful we are
    It's almost like there's some league with global exposure that we're not part of.
  • True and they should w--k emselves to death about our piss poor away support-------o silly me someone has and is doing that.
  • True and they should w--k emselves to death about our piss poor away support-------o silly me someone has and is doing that.
    But he is good at it
    But he is good at it
    He should be, he gets enough practice  : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Pah, we wouldnt even be having this debate under Curbs.
  • Irani read my tweet out asking if Brazil had put that bet on us at the beginning of the season as he had tipped us for the title.

Plus he has or had until recently a mate on the board I think so he does actually like us

I think he does, he used to do the football league games for Sky and always seemed to say good things regarding us.
    Unless we were playing Ipswich!!
  • We were 12/1 at the start of the season!

Ipswich was Brazil's 1st English club after all .. i usually enjoy his show, even with Ronnie Irani .......  Brazil/Irani .. nutty and oily
  • Brazil has said from day 1 we are going to win that league, i have only ever heard him be nice about us
  • Who cares, he's (a pundit, couldnt give a monkeys chuff what him or any other pundit thinks of us, his first loves are ***tic and Ipswich.